Bullnose Forums

The best logging Truck???

Ray Cecil

Ray, did you see this log hauler on FB this morning?.....

Im sure the search radius on my fb marketplace doesnt rea h all the way up to you.

Haha...no no...it's not for sale. It was just a couple pictures posted on one of the Bullnose FB groups. I think it's in Michigan or somewhere. Just an FYI on Bullnose log hauling, nothing more.

Ray, did you see this log hauler on FB this morning?.....

Im sure the search radius on my fb marketplace doesnt rea h all the way up to you.

Haha...no no...it's not for sale. It was just a couple pictures posted on one of the Bullnose FB groups. I think it's in Michigan or somewhere. Just an FYI on Bullnose log hauling, nothing more.

Gotcha. I dont do FB for anything but marketplace.

I am buying a parts truck when I get back next week for the silverado. A 2000 Z71 for $600. Has a complete drivetrain. Good parts truck.

Gotcha. I dont do FB for anything but marketplace.

I am buying a parts truck when I get back next week for the silverado. A 2000 Z71 for $600. Has a complete drivetrain. Good parts truck.

Just for ideas and not sure what the front end of your trailer looks like but here is the reciever setup and battery box I put on my hauler. Front of the winch cradle sits on the factory round tubing.

IMG_20191108_154715.jpg.aa91643a9d035816fd9adec62034d485.jpg

IMG_20191108_155033.jpg.6ac7e2ac525625e384f91142ac22bc18.jpg

Just for ideas and not sure what the front end of your trailer looks like but here is the reciever setup and battery box I put on my hauler. Front of the winch cradle sits on the factory round tubing.

I read your first post that said you were getting logs from a tree service and immediately thought: "trailer!"

No matter how careful they are, any crew loading your truck isn't going to be as careful as you'd want them to be at some point.

Very cool project, both the hauling and the milling.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n43113/IMG_20191108_154715.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n43113/IMG_20191108_155033.jpg

This is pretty close to what I had in mind. Sorry for little response. Wife is asleep now so I have time to sneak a peak at the forum.

This would be great, except I plan to get a toolbox for the truck bed and mount all the winch goodies in it. Then I use throw the winch in the toolbox when not in use. Aux battery will be in the toolbox too.

I read your first post that said you were getting logs from a tree service and immediately thought: "trailer!"

No matter how careful they are, any crew loading your truck isn't going to be as careful as you'd want them to be at some point.

Very cool project, both the hauling and the milling.

Good point. I havent received any logs from them yet. Also, I bought an older trailer, on that was not a huge loss if it gets damaged. It wont be one of those fancy trailers that guys are affraid to scratch lol.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n43113/IMG_20191108_154715.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n43113/IMG_20191108_155033.jpg

This is pretty close to what I had in mind. Sorry for little response. Wife is asleep now so I have time to sneak a peak at the forum.

This would be great, except I plan to get a toolbox for the truck bed and mount all the winch goodies in it. Then I use throw the winch in the toolbox when not in use. Aux battery will be in the toolbox too.

Maybe this thread should be "best log hauling trailer setups?"

Hope you and Holly are enjoying your little honeymoon weekend together.

Yes, it got a little side tracked didnt it Jim. Thanks, we are having fun. We are deep in the woods in the appalachains. Heard banjos and chainsaws last night......

Yes, it got a little side tracked didnt it Jim. Thanks, we are having fun. We are deep in the woods in the appalachains. Heard banjos and chainsaws last night......

Have fun!

But, I don't think placing a battery in the tool box is a good idea. I know you put batteries in a battery box, but there's nothing else in there. But you'll have tools and a winch in yours - while the battery is being charged.

There's no problem under the hood where there's all kinds of air flow, but in a tight tool box I'm afraid the collected gas could damage the tools and be an explosion risk.

I know charging batteries gives off hydrogen. And I'm pretty sure there's some hydrogen sulfide as well. Hydrogen easily can explode, and hydrogen sulfide will go into solution with any moisture to create an acid that will corrode your tools. And there will be moisture that condenses on your tools from the changing temps they will see.

I think the battery needs to be outside the tool box. Perhaps in a separate battery box below the tool box where it isn't easily seen?

Have fun!

But, I don't think placing a battery in the tool box is a good idea. I know you put batteries in a battery box, but there's nothing else in there. But you'll have tools and a winch in yours - while the battery is being charged.

There's no problem under the hood where there's all kinds of air flow, but in a tight tool box I'm afraid the collected gas could damage the tools and be an explosion risk.

I know charging batteries gives off hydrogen. And I'm pretty sure there's some hydrogen sulfide as well. Hydrogen easily can explode, and hydrogen sulfide will go into solution with any moisture to create an acid that will corrode your tools. And there will be moisture that condenses on your tools from the changing temps they will see.

I think the battery needs to be outside the tool box. Perhaps in a separate battery box below the tool box where it isn't easily seen?

Gary, the simple fix for that is to vent the toolbox and put a divider inside that keeps the battery seperate