Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Last night I wound up buying the 2.5" walker prebent diesel tailpipe. The exhaust on the truck is custom bent but the location of the exhaust pipe is pretty much in the stock location so it should line right up with a piece of pipe in the middle to connect it all together. Guess we will see how much difference it makes if any. With the 203/216 @.050" duration the cam has I don't think it'll bother it much if any at all.

• Like 1

Replaced the fuel sending unit on mine today. I took a gamble betting that whoever replaced the tank in my truck installed the sending unit for a 16 gal instead of a 19 due to my gauge going to E within about 175 miles and never putting more than 12 gals in when I fill up. I was correct, it had the short pickup in it and the part number on the sender was the one for the 16gal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArdWrknTrk said:

I hope it's mandrel and not crinkle bent. 🤔

W/ a 351 I don't think the cross section would matter as much as my 460.

I just wanted to keep it stock size despite having a little hotter cam, intake and carb.

It's crinkle bent. I've never had anything mandrel bent in my life. 2.5" crush bent duals runs just fine with a 500 HP 445 stroker, actually it runs better than the 3" exhaust system it had before. I think the crush bent tailpipe will be fine.

23 minutes ago, ArdWrknTrk said:

I wasn't thinking about flow, every time I get one of those pipes it rots out there first.

I've replaced dozens of them too. So if I have the option I'm going with a smooth radius.

Should last a long time here. Usually they rot out from heat/age rather than rust from winters. 5 years ago, almost 6 now I put the dual exhaust H pipe on my grand marquis and used a walker H pipe, it's crinkle bent and still looks brand new. As horrible as the original exhaust was on this truck when I bought it, it still wasn't very rusty when I took the original exhaust off. The only thing that fell apart was the heat riser on the driver side exhaust manifold.

Stopped by the junkyard this morning and picked up some 85+ lower radiator bushings, as well as a 92-93 third brake light gasket. For those who aren't aware, the 92-93 gaskets are a different material and hold up better than the 80-91 versions. Learned that from my dad when I was a kid. 

I also picked up some stuff for my Rangers, and one hard to find Ranger item that I will re-sell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1