Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Hagstrom's or Rand McNally? :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Orienteering is a lost art, unless you're special forces.

map, memory or gps?

just YESTERDAY. my wife and I were driving home from seeing the new grandchild. AGAIN! and she turns on the damn app and starts telling me which turn. I said, "I got this". she continues. next intersection she gives me instructions and I say, "I got this". we get to construction, and she turns it back on. I asked, "are YOU lost"? she says yes. I say, "I GOT THIS". she directs me through who knows how many neighborhoods and then we end up further away and stuck in traffic but on the road, we were headed to anyway. the next hour and a half were rather quiet. I was either going to say too much or say nothing. but the concept of knowing where you are was lost on her. I consider this a handicap.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hagstrom's or Rand McNally? :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Orienteering is a lost art, unless you're special forces.

I'm probably the only member of my entire generation that knows how to use a compass (lensatic at that), and an atlas. Since I don't keep a cell phone on me, and maps aren't really a thing anymore, I developed the bad habit, when driving, of "taking risks". Example: "Well, this road looks like it should go to Thompson Pond Road, so I guess I'll take it and find out. Sometimes I was wrong, sometimes I was right. Wasted a lot of time and gas, I tell ya.

I'm probably the only member of my entire generation that knows how to use a compass (lensatic at that), and an atlas. Since I don't keep a cell phone on me, and maps aren't really a thing anymore, I developed the bad habit, when driving, of "taking risks". Example: "Well, this road looks like it should go to Thompson Pond Road, so I guess I'll take it and find out. Sometimes I was wrong, sometimes I was right. Wasted a lot of time and gas, I tell ya.

I love that. we are meant to do that.my old way was to just go drive and explore. at 19 I moved to Attleboro mass for a few months. spent many nights after work burning gas. i drove all over Boston, Cambridge, Plymouth etc. no phone, map, nothing. just a hotrod, stereo, and a real camera. perfect!

Since I don't keep a cell phone on me

You are my role model! I wish I could do that....

I am still somewhat old enough to remember the days without smart phones and the jolly good life. I held out until about 2016 before I got my first smart phone.... I knew what I was signing up for.

Since I don't keep a cell phone on me

You are my role model! I wish I could do that....

I am still somewhat old enough to remember the days without smart phones and the jolly good life. I held out until about 2016 before I got my first smart phone.... I knew what I was signing up for.

I first got a cell phone in 2023, and I still don't carry one. I need it for multi-factor authentication at work, so it sit on my desk 5 days a week, then I bring it home and it sits on my kitchen table all weekend while I charge the battery.

I first got a cell phone in 2023, and I still don't carry one. I need it for multi-factor authentication at work, so it sit on my desk 5 days a week, then I bring it home and it sits on my kitchen table all weekend while I charge the battery.

A big step forward and two giant steps back.

The step forward: Finally got the cab painted. (Pic below before clear sprayed). Painting is going better with more knowledge and practice - like everything.

20240816_102710.jpg.95ba9c7d92ed9731d490023bb20da1be.jpg

Now..for the giant steps back. I should have painted the cab first. So that, once the fenders were painted, I could have installed them. Instead, I ended up moving the fenders a half dozen times to keep them from being oversprayed on, etc. Big mistake.

This morning as I was cleaning the barn prepping to spray the cab, both fenders fell over. Scratched and dinged...I will now get some more knowledge and practice on fixing them.

20240816_085335.jpg.732046e838bca7d24f244840eb9a6c9d.jpg

20240816_085328.jpg.124a0a0e84f75ca28fb1046d0c5a38f9.jpg

Proof that I am not one of those guys that only shows their successes without also showing their giant bone head moments.

This morning as I was cleaning the barn prepping to spray the cab, both fenders fell over. Scratched and dinged...I will now get some more knowledge and practice on fixing them.

I'm surprised that Gary didn't already reacted with a big "Bummer!"

So, I'll do it: Bummer!

:nabble_smiley_cry:

Not sure my english formulation is good, but I would say that your openness honors you.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

I'm surprised that Gary didn't already reacted with a big "Bummer!"

So, I'll do it: Bummer!

:nabble_smiley_cry:

Not sure my english formulation is good, but I would say that your openness honors you.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Ol’ blue is still running the old R12 and sort of having trouble today when it was over 100F. Ronnie doesn’t want me to mess with it… :nabble_smiley_sad: There is still a good supply of R12 cans nearby.... maybe I can top it off worst case.

3C5D5DFD-397E-47B0-9747-97C37FFD41BB.jpeg.413ea27fe34a7b1480f0a60739cc288a.jpeg

Ol’ blue is still running the old R12 and sort of having trouble today when it was over 100F. Ronnie doesn’t want me to mess with it… :nabble_smiley_sad: There is still a good supply of R12 cans nearby.... maybe I can top it off worst case.

Jeff - I've been "otherwise engaged" of late. So I'm missing a lot of posts.

Vivek - I'm surprised it would cool at all after all of these years.