Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Jim, I believe the 1988-89 EFI 460s had 3 pumps. 1990 on just the 2 in-tank pumps.

I believe we are talking about an '86 named Rufus, and why I used 460 instead of 7.5l

Looking back the only Ford I've owned that was carbureted and designated in metric was my '85 5.0 HO GT, also with the 4180 and Duraspark

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe we are talking about an '86 named Rufus, and why I used 460 instead of 7.5l

Looking back the only Ford I've owned that was carbureted and designated in metric was my '85 5.0 HO GT, also with the 4180 and Duraspark

If all goes according to plan I should be buying this 93 F250 460 4x4 5 speed truck next week. I have known about this truck for a year now and the seller is a lady that used it to pull her horse trailer in town for a long time. It is a New Mexico truck and been in Oklahoma for 6 years. Has 104k miles on the odometer.

We have gone back and forth where she would want to sell and changed her mind, the seller has finally made up her mind and wants to sell her Ol’ Blue as she has got weak recently and needs an automatic SUV. If anyone on this forum has leads to a good one in Oklahoma please pass it on. Something

D4179FEB-FB8D-47FE-979C-D22AAAAE0B92.thumb.jpeg.c6b1c56ab08a18ebf68b06cecb029ebf.jpeg

F239B9DA-3C11-4EA3-AF86-F83A2A128DDF.jpeg.a666325dab234bfd5fb744ce11a20180.jpeg

559F90A2-3B55-4E37-B563-59C456F25CD0.jpeg.73b9492e217bfea1e29ad54d00c97566.jpeg

D25749BC-9EA3-482A-81B6-0D3DAF93AD2A.jpeg.9d3ff07e5587e16eeca473a8d33f8cba.jpeg

If all goes according to plan I should be buying this 93 F250 460 4x4 5 speed truck next week. I have known about this truck for a year now and the seller is a lady that used it to pull her horse trailer in town for a long time. It is a New Mexico truck and been in Oklahoma for 6 years. Has 104k miles on the odometer.

We have gone back and forth where she would want to sell and changed her mind, the seller has finally made up her mind and wants to sell her Ol’ Blue as she has got weak recently and needs an automatic SUV. If anyone on this forum has leads to a good one in Oklahoma please pass it on. Something <$7k with less than 150k miles.

Had a couple of rust spots under the supercab windows. I don’t know if they are typical rust spots but all else is expected to be solid based on info from the seller.

I should be driving up next week and driving it back.

Looks good! I think you’ll love it.

You’ll have to decide which one you are bringing to the show. 😎

Yep 85 460. I think this splice is power provided to the cab somewhere. It was "spliced" in the relay terminal and was a heavier gauge yellow wire. I'll get it sorted.

I am working through the driver side engine bay harness now and finished fixing all the damage to the lightning part of the harness. Anything you can see with red tape in this picture is stuff that is damaged that I have identified and will be replacing.

I do have a red wire that's soft and spongy like a fuse link but is very much not a fuse link. I need to determine what it is next and decide if it's meant to be that way or is a failed wire.

20240810_163531.jpg.937d3fba9c9592876b4631d6de2d6e8c.jpg

Yep 85 460. I think this splice is power provided to the cab somewhere. It was "spliced" in the relay terminal and was a heavier gauge yellow wire. I'll get it sorted.

I am working through the driver side engine bay harness now and finished fixing all the damage to the lightning part of the harness. Anything you can see with red tape in this picture is stuff that is damaged that I have identified and will be replacing.

I do have a red wire that's soft and spongy like a fuse link but is very much not a fuse link. I need to determine what it is next and decide if it's meant to be that way or is a failed wire.

I'm going to guess that the wire you are talking about is the "8 to 9 ohm resistance wire" in Ckt 30 to the gauges. I know the EVTM shows it as Bk/LG on the page below, but in my remembrance it is reddish. And it should go to Pin 1 of the gauge connector, C208A.

pg-98-with-gauge-circuit-error_orig.thumb.jpg.7e4d28e5582f38ebef09f102032388dd.jpg

Looks good! I think you’ll love it.

You’ll have to decide which one you are bringing to the show. 😎

Thanks!! I'm hoping as well. I do need to decide which one I'm bringing. This one has AC so there is that :nabble_smiley_happy:

She says she used to get 14mpg when she got it and magically when the cats went bad she had a shop straight pipe it and said right after it plunged to 9mpg and has been ever since...

Thanks!! I'm hoping as well. I do need to decide which one I'm bringing. This one has AC so there is that :nabble_smiley_happy:

She says she used to get 14mpg when she got it and magically when the cats went bad she had a shop straight pipe it and said right after it plunged to 9mpg and has been ever since...

It may have an O2 sensor after the cats. That could upset the system.

It may have an O2 sensor after the cats. That could upset the system.

Okay! I better order an EVTM and get it back to where it needs to be stock. There is a lot on the table. 14mpg on a 460 would be stellar.

Were we lucky? We did the entire Big Brother's Big Tour without A/C and never suffered (well not entirely true, a short stop at Salt Lake City to buy a fuel pump was kind of inferno, but hopefully short).

These little triangular windows are just genius!

:nabble_smiley_cool:

Were we lucky? We did the entire Big Brother's Big Tour without A/C and never suffered (well not entirely true, a short stop at Salt Lake City to buy a fuel pump was kind of inferno, but hopefully short).

These little triangular windows are just genius!

:nabble_smiley_cool:

Wow!! What a trip !! How was your trip through Arkansas ? Probably the muggiest of all ?

I glanced through that thread. Replacing the fuel pump on the road and moving along.. that was such a satisfying feeling I'm sure. How many modern vehicles can that be done on ? I will excuse that 4000 mile life simply because of how easy it was to replace.

Ok no complaints on AC. Yes, those vent windows are terrific!