Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Holly is up near your sister working at the hospital right now and may not be able to make it home for a day or two due to the flooding. So prayers for all of them.

Which hospital, next time I'm in the ER I'll say hi 😂

We are at 69ft above sea level according to this map but we are surrounded by a tidal creek and wetlands. When Joaquin came through the water rose and stopped 100ft from our house.

Roper St Francis, the one up north.

With the onshore winds pushing water up the creeks and tons of it coming down out of the sky, the water level is going to rise.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the onshore winds pushing water up the creeks and tons of it coming down out of the sky, the water level is going to rise.

I'm playing the closer from Led Zeppelin 4 "When The Levee Breaks"

It's a classic Delta Blues song.

I don't think there's any chance Avelo is flying out of Charleston on Wednesday morning.

What are you going to print in that can handle summer underhood temperatures?

Did you ever consider just gluing/fusing it together?

Like walls down to whatever radius, and a bottom or top that is pretty flat to begin with?

I know next to nothing, but my brother's older son is printing ~20 hours a day.

Michael always seems to fight with nipping or tearing out supports, so he avoids them at all costs.

The printer I have will print both glass and carbon fiber reinforced nylon, Polycarbonate, PET-G and so much more.

ASA+15% carbon fiber melts starting at 455 degrees F and is UV stable. PET-G melts at 428F and is fluid resistant etc.

PA6-GF is fiberglass reinforced nylon 6 which is used in car parts and even weapons.

The number of materials this one can print is why I chose it. Most at home printers get you PLA, PET-G, ABS and maybe TPU.

What's really cool is this wood filament. It's 30% wood fibers Screenshot_20240805_190726_Amazon_Shopping.thumb.jpg.82770d38328de0558cd06ba1ef3d0e20.jpg

Ah RSFH in west Ashley was where I was admitted last month.

RSFH Berkeley, the new one, is where we typically go because it's closer.

Parts of Dorchester are washed out already per the radio station and it's not even that bad yet. My concern is it hits that gulf stream off the coast and strengthens back up pushing storm surge.

The printer I have will print both glass and carbon fiber reinforced nylon, Polycarbonate, PET-G and so much more.

ASA+15% carbon fiber melts starting at 455 degrees F and is UV stable. PET-G melts at 428F and is fluid resistant etc.

PA6-GF is fiberglass reinforced nylon 6 which is used in car parts and even weapons.

The number of materials this one can print is why I chose it. Most at home printers get you PLA, PET-G, ABS and maybe TPU.

What's really cool is this wood filament. It's 30% wood fibers

TG is completely different than actual melting temperature.

I'm willing to bet it's easily 250°+F on a hot day stuck in traffic.

I think I have some Tempilstick's that cold.

I'll take e look when I don't have quite so much at hand.

I don't think there's any chance Avelo is flying out of Charleston on Wednesday morning.

No, I can't see that happening. But I'll hope it does. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

2 inches of rainfall in the last 24 hours.

6.7 inches expected over the next 12 here in Summerville.

9.7 inches of rain equates to 33.7 million gallons of water per square mile.

Across the land mass of Charleston, North Charleston, and Summerville that's 8 billion gallons of water in 36 hours. In laws head to the airport tomorrow at noon.

Mayor shut down the peninsula as of 11pm and has high water rescue vehicles staged at every thoroughfare.

Across the land mass of Charleston, North Charleston, and Summerville that's 8 billion gallons of water in 36 hours. In laws head to the airport tomorrow at noon.

Mayor shut down the peninsula as of 11pm and has high water rescue vehicles staged at every thoroughfare.

Our daughter made it home last night so we are hoping she won't have to go back in today. Praying that y'all stay safe!

A gallon of water for every person on the planet.

It's still not a drop in the ocean, and the ocean when the eye is parked over the Gulfstream

A gallon of water for every person on the planet.

It's still not a drop in the ocean, and the ocean when the eye is parked over the Gulfstream

They have made a bunch of improvements and they seem to be holding. Our retention pond has risen 8+ feet and is 2 feet over the top. I've been to North Charleston twice today the rain is coming in waves. Pictures of battery park looked pretty good.