Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

As much as I am a Ford truck guy, for Van/SUV, I would go elsewhere. Van is Chrysler/Honda, but definitely not Toyota.. wish Ford did vans. "/>

Soooo.... Found this guy about 90 minutes away. My wife was like what is that... And I was like a Bullnose Vantruck.

Our family with 3 kids is in desperate need of a big vehicle. Both wife and I drive sedans.

If I could find a nice Bullnose/OBS Ford Van with a 351W or 460 I would buy it in a heartbeat... but wife wants to fit in with all the other soccer moms in the neighborhood and wants a Yukon XL. I told here I would need to donate a kidney or 2 to afford one of those things :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our family with 3 kids is in desperate need of a big vehicle. Both wife and I drive sedans.

If I could find a nice Bullnose/OBS Ford Van with a 351W or 460 I would buy it in a heartbeat... but wife wants to fit in with all the other soccer moms in the neighborhood and wants a Yukon XL. I told here I would need to donate a kidney or 2 to afford one of those things :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

She needs an Escalade!

My wife (who refuses to drive Darth because "it's too big") wants an Escalade, go figure!

The vehicle of choice for all Soccer/Hockey mommies around here is the Sport V-Performance AWD in Black.

Rear seat entertainment for the kids and Supercruise for all those miles when your brats are on travel teams.

So much demand that they're getting a $15k premium over the $120 sticker and dealers still can't find stock.

My wife (who refuses to drive Darth because "it's too big") wants an Escalade, go figure!

I have an example or 2 of that kind of logic incompatibility

Wife: wants excellent rear leg/hip room in 2nd row and also a spacious 3rd row

Me: lets buy an early 2000s suburban -- low mileage one -- 4x4 -- pre-AFM (cylinder deactivation) -- regular gas -- proven 6 speed auto transmission -- cheap and easy to service R134a system.

Wife: You can buy one but I won't be getting in it

Me: hmm... how about a new 2024 Bronco or a 2023 Last Call challenger. I think we can fit 3 kids in those, it might be a bit tight but I think 3 will fit. Both also have a manual transmission which are last of their kind but you cannot drive it.. maybe you will learn.

Wife: Sure, Let's go test drive those...

Me: :nabble_anim_crazy:

I have an example or 2 of that kind of logic incompatibility

Wife: wants excellent rear leg/hip room in 2nd row and also a spacious 3rd row

Me: lets buy an early 2000s suburban -- low mileage one -- 4x4 -- pre-AFM (cylinder deactivation) -- regular gas -- proven 6 speed auto transmission -- cheap and easy to service R134a system.

Wife: You can buy one but I won't be getting in it

Me: hmm... how about a new 2024 Bronco or a 2023 Last Call challenger. I think we can fit 3 kids in those, it might be a bit tight but I think 3 will fit. Both also have a manual transmission which are last of their kind but you cannot drive it.. maybe you will learn.

Wife: Sure, Let's go test drive those...

Me: :nabble_anim_crazy:

You'd be okay if you found a later one that had active fuel management defeated right off the dealers lot.

We don't see much of that cognitive dissonance, but decades of personal experience have me questioning (but NEVER doubting!) feminine logic. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

You'd be okay if you found a later one that had active fuel management defeated right off the dealers lot.

We don't see much of that cognitive dissonance, but decades of personal experience have me questioning (but NEVER doubting!) feminine logic. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Wound up scoring a fresh .020/.020 regrind crank for a good deal on ebay today for my old engine, also got two 351W cams ready to be sent out to oregon cam grinders for a regrind plus the set of lifters I took out of the new engine. Need a set of connecting rods, pistons and cam bearings and I can put that old engine back together for a spare. I figured it's not a bad idea to have a spare engine ready to go for either the truck or whatever else pops up in life since I had such a hard time getting a reman long block.

Need that 4x4 SUV to get through those mall puddles and park in the grass at soccer practice. Anti Van moms propping up the auto industry there with impracticality.

I'm 6'3", I just want head and leg room.

Need that 4x4 SUV to get through those mall puddles and park in the grass at soccer practice. Anti Van moms propping up the auto industry there with impracticality.

I'm 6'3", I just want head and leg room.

And what drives Jeep sales?

Pitchpole ride, incredibly loud swamp tires, ridiculous lift kits, light bars, (and undercarriage 'glow' in multiple colours!) tow hooks for the Iowa, winches, decals, etc...

1:500 are ever driven off piste or even in the snow! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: