Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Bottom line is Big Blue 2WD doesn’t have AC and I’m looking to replace.

[...]

Wife is fine as long as the new addition will replace Big Blue 2WD, the only bullnose I have :nabble_smiley_cry:

Look for good shape A/C Bullnose.

Or keep Big Blue 2WD and move the family to Canada!

:nabble_smiley_evil:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bottom line is Big Blue 2WD doesn’t have AC and I’m looking to replace.

[...]

Wife is fine as long as the new addition will replace Big Blue 2WD, the only bullnose I have :nabble_smiley_cry:

Look for good shape A/C Bullnose.

Or keep Big Blue 2WD and move the family to Canada!

:nabble_smiley_evil:

Haha.. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Would be awesome to move Big Blue 2WD, as the truck is a canadian truck!! Like not only made there, but sold there and lived there initially.

Its just a strange build

- 3.06 rear end for a 1 ton rig (does beautifully on the highway though... 85mph all day no problem).

- 2WD (OK in Canada ?)

- non-AC (does not belong in TX for sure!)

Would be awesome to move Big Blue 2WD, as the truck is a canadian truck!! Like not only made there, but sold there and lived there initially.

Its just a strange build

- 3.06 rear end for a 1 ton rig (does beautifully on the highway though... 85mph all day no problem).

- 2WD (OK in Canada ?)

I think we're all of a strange build here, North of the border...

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Its just a strange build

- 2WD (OK in Canada ?)

It's a crew cab?

3.08 because the most it's going to haul is six people and it has a C6 which has an infinitely low 1st and is never going to lock up even at 1:1 on the highway anyhow.

Beyond bulletproof, the thing C6's are best at is churning horsepower into hot fluid. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

The truck was probably intended for getting track/rig/road workers from the shop out to a job site (this is what 4 door trucks with two benches were for, before this 21st century "lifestyle" BS)

It's a crew cab?

3.08 because the most it's going to haul is six people and it has a C6 which has an infinitely low 1st and is never going to lock up even at 1:1 on the highway anyhow.

Beyond bulletproof, the thing C6's are best at is churning horsepower into hot fluid. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

The truck was probably intended for getting track/rig/road workers from the shop out to a job site (this is what 4 door trucks with two benches were for, before this 21st century "lifestyle" BS)

No its a regular cab....

My best guess is that the truck was a camping rig ('1 ton' load capacity, highway use) but I belong in the modern 'lifestyle' generation so I have little idea on how trucks were used back then

I have a colleague who says if this truck was a work truck, it was definitely a 'supervisor' truck :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I have one I could measure if y'all get serious.

Parts for these trucks and all other oldies may have a new life. A company has made a 3d printer that prints in stainless and tool steel as well as copper. Long obsolete parts could be brought back to life.

Speaking of parts I have a ton of odds and ends that I have been sorting so I don't loose anything so if we need more pictures for documentation I could grab what I have while I will pretty much have every fastener out.

Took this in process I have this box full pretty much.

1000005061.jpg.70fc2436b90fab346bac7efd0506ccdf.jpg

Parts for these trucks and all other oldies may have a new life. A company has made a 3d printer that prints in stainless and tool steel as well as copper. Long obsolete parts could be brought back to life.

Speaking of parts I have a ton of odds and ends that I have been sorting so I don't loose anything so if we need more pictures for documentation I could grab what I have while I will pretty much have every fastener out.

I hope people can start printing parts soon. That's been in the works for some time but the price needs to come down for us truckophiles to be able to afford it.

Anyway, that's good sorting! :nabble_anim_claps:

It's a crew cab?

Beyond bulletproof, the thing C6's are best at is churning horsepower into hot fluid.

Jim, that is exactly why I put the low drag kit in mine. It made a pretty noticeable difference. It coasts a lot farther than it used to before slowing down even at higher speeds and doesn't feel quite so anchor dragging taking off. Well worth the money to me anyways.

We have had many discussions about 3D printing, probably starting back when Gary designed the dash patch and I was concerned about not only build envelope but the material being able to withstand the baking sun.

Shapeways can make almost anything (for a price)

Porsche has been printing small volume replica metal parts for years now.

Bugatti uses FEA and organic structure to print brake calipers. (They're incredibly stiff and look like something H.R. Giger would have drawn)

Beyond bulletproof, the thing C6's are best at is churning horsepower into hot fluid.

Jim, that is exactly why I put the low drag kit in mine. It made a pretty noticeable difference. It coasts a lot farther than it used to before slowing down even at higher speeds and doesn't feel quite so anchor dragging taking off. Well worth the money to me anyways.

I'm sure your attention to detail and 50 years of technological advancement have transformed your C6.:nabble_smiley_good: :nabble_smiley_cool:

There's really no escaping the torque converter churning a lot of power into heat.

I'm not picking on something that has such history and resilience, it's just reality.

And that's why we see CVT's and dual clutch 11 speed transmissions today....

The chip and solenoids to control them use far less energy than pumping fluid through labyrinth orifices and pressure valves.