Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I'll get right back with you, Paul. Would sure like to see you - and the truck.

Installed the new steering box. Unknown source, just came with the bronco. It drives a lot tighter …

Only complaint is that left lock is about 1.5 turns of the steering wheel and right lock is about 2 turns of the steering wheel. I figured it should be the exact same which would be 1.75 turns each.

I installed the new gear box with the tires centered and steering wheel centered. Gearbox had build / assembly marks on it which hadn’t been disturbed.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Installed the new steering box. Unknown source, just came with the bronco. It drives a lot tighter …

Only complaint is that left lock is about 1.5 turns of the steering wheel and right lock is about 2 turns of the steering wheel. I figured it should be the exact same which would be 1.75 turns each.

I installed the new gear box with the tires centered and steering wheel centered. Gearbox had build / assembly marks on it which hadn’t been disturbed.

Lock the steering wheel straight ahead and adjust your tie rod ends so the wheels are straight, with the correct toe in.

Lock the steering wheel straight ahead and adjust your tie rod ends so the wheels are straight, with the correct toe in.

It drives really straight. Only complaint is that the left lock happens too soon. Not turning enough. Will tie rod adjustment fix that ?

It drives really straight. Only complaint is that the left lock happens too soon. Not turning enough. Will tie rod adjustment fix that ?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding?

It seems that either the steering wheel is not centered or the spindle is hitting the left stop too soon.

This is a regular D44 axle?

Have you looked at the wheels/spindles when turned all the way either direction?

Are the angles the same?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding?

It seems that either the steering wheel is not centered or the spindle is hitting the left stop too soon.

This is a regular D44 axle?

Have you looked at the wheels/spindles when turned all the way either direction?

Are the angles the same?

Need a quick hand. I am disassembling the dash. Going to do a full swap with the other truck as this dash is literally in pieces and being held together with drywall toggle anchors.

20240704_104330.jpg.d5880b26e049e63266ded92a2d5e737a.jpg

I think I got most all the screws out except for what's holding the sides to the a pillar.

The other thing I'm struggling with is how to get this speedo cable off

20240704_105455.jpg.bd2c95e5b02a427f6a9b7ad2095b6d11.jpg

Need a quick hand. I am disassembling the dash. Going to do a full swap with the other truck as this dash is literally in pieces and being held together with drywall toggle anchors.

I think I got most all the screws out except for what's holding the sides to the a pillar.

The other thing I'm struggling with is how to get this speedo cable off

My bricknose dash is different, but to release the cable you have to push the white retainer collar tab in towards the metal cable end.

My bricknose dash is different, but to release the cable you have to push the white retainer collar tab in towards the metal cable end.

Right. We actually have a how-to on our page at Documentation/Driveline/Speedometers, Gears, Cables, & Sensors and then the Speedo Cables tab.

Of course you do, Gary!

(but I don't know where, and there's no Dewey decimal system for the forum!). :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: