Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

So, Gary...

Would you think a 2wd 250 would have the same spring, just without the block?

I posted my door tag so you can see the spring code.

Obviously, my phone orientation is a bit off. 🙃

Your spring code is 6F:

• 6 = E0TZ 5560-B, with 1786 lb capacity, r/b F1TZ 5560-E

• F = E7TZ 5560-A, although I didn't find the capacity

If you are asking about the rear springs, which are the ones with blocks, then I don't think 2wd and 4wd used the same spring. I think 2wd is 2 1/2" wide and 4wd is 3" wide.

But maybe I didn't understand the question.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your spring code is 6F:

• 6 = E0TZ 5560-B, with 1786 lb capacity, r/b F1TZ 5560-E

• F = E7TZ 5560-A, although I didn't find the capacity

If you are asking about the rear springs, which are the ones with blocks, then I don't think 2wd and 4wd used the same spring. I think 2wd is 2 1/2" wide and 4wd is 3" wide.

But maybe I didn't understand the question.

I'm the one confused, and why I had mentioned spring width back towards the beginning of this.

But I think I have a better understanding now.

I'm the one confused, and why I had mentioned spring width back towards the beginning of this.

But I think I have a better understanding now.

I know that the stock Bronco springs and the 2wd 7.3 IDI F250 spring were both the same width. I'm not sure if they changed any rear suspension stuff for the IDI or not. I only measured them against each other to check instead of getting the tape measure out, but I'm pretty sure they were 3" both. When I'm out there tomorrow, I'll check and see if I can wire brush the full part number out of the leaf.

I know that the stock Bronco springs and the 2wd 7.3 IDI F250 spring were both the same width. I'm not sure if they changed any rear suspension stuff for the IDI or not. I only measured them against each other to check instead of getting the tape measure out, but I'm pretty sure they were 3" both. When I'm out there tomorrow, I'll check and see if I can wire brush the full part number out of the leaf.

Spent about 3.5 hours tonight and got everything unbolted, ready to take the engine and transmission out tomorrow. All that's left is remove the hood and hook the hoist up. One thing I noticed is when I flipped the lever on my radiator cap there was an extreme amount of pressure in the cooling system for it only have run maybe 3 minutes, it shot all kinds of pressure into the overflow tank, that's not right lol.448405771_447128581363417_8053498797585952521_n.jpg.894586e63abdec5b72fba7c27eaa5c27.jpg

Spent about 3.5 hours tonight and got everything unbolted, ready to take the engine and transmission out tomorrow. All that's left is remove the hood and hook the hoist up. One thing I noticed is when I flipped the lever on my radiator cap there was an extreme amount of pressure in the cooling system for it only have run maybe 3 minutes, it shot all kinds of pressure into the overflow tank, that's not right lol.

Now I see your valve covers!

Did you have trouble with fuel boiling in the bowls, or did your truck come with that heat shield?

Now I see your valve covers!

Did you have trouble with fuel boiling in the bowls, or did your truck come with that heat shield?

I had issues with hard hot restart but it didn't cure the problem. Definitely an improvement on hot days though. It's a Holley heat shield I put on probably 10 years ago.

I had issues with hard hot restart but it didn't cure the problem. Definitely an improvement on hot days though. It's a Holley heat shield I put on probably 10 years ago.

Got the old engine and transmission out today and the old engine torn down. It needed intake gaskets and I found cylinder 5 and a bent connecting rod. 7 years ago the engine got filled full of rainwater overnight and I didn't know it and tried starting it and it didn't crank over. I've been driving it like that for 7 years now without knowing it. The bearings dated to 1999-2000. IMG_20240618_144450.jpg.c2fe7679e5b921e649324e666afdf7a0.jpgIMG_20240618_132652.jpg.87721a1e3d45b0c4e2da947715e9b201.jpg

Also, those are the Felpro 1250S3 gaskets with the steel core. One of them really got whipped out of shape.

Got the old engine and transmission out today and the old engine torn down. It needed intake gaskets and I found cylinder 5 and a bent connecting rod. 7 years ago the engine got filled full of rainwater overnight and I didn't know it and tried starting it and it didn't crank over. I've been driving it like that for 7 years now without knowing it. The bearings dated to 1999-2000.

Also, those are the Felpro 1250S3 gaskets with the steel core. One of them really got whipped out of shape.

Wow :nabble_smiley_oh:

How did rainwater get in it ? Air cleaner ? PCV or breather ?