Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

That 8 track player came from a late 70s car. I am afraid I don't understand "do have the extra T also".

XLT Trim vs XL, sorry, sometimes my jokes don't land lol.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That 8 track player came from a late 70s car. I am afraid I don't understand "do have the extra T also".

XLT Trim vs XL, sorry, sometimes my jokes don't land lol.

Your joke was just fine :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

They forgot an AC on an XLT truck :nabble_smiley_angry:

Your joke was just fine :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

They forgot an AC on an XLT truck :nabble_smiley_angry:

Finally installed the AC from the bullnose truck on the dentside bronco. The compressor is a sanden style if I’m not mistaken and was the one that came with the bullnose 460. I had to install the adapters with the R134a fittings. Also came in handy was a Vintage air 18” aluminum line which worked well to connect the condenser hose to the high side of the compressor.

The broncos ac system is original and has never been converted. Before I install a new drier I wanted to see if I could hold vacuum. Well I am far from it. My distributor can hold better vacuum :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: :nabble_smiley_wink:

But at least it’s “all there” now.

E1753373-E3FE-4D76-A31B-336954A20ADF.jpeg.feb7c7d3ca4e0a6ac1f0be4ecd668b5e.jpeg

Finally installed the AC from the bullnose truck on the dentside bronco. The compressor is a sanden style if I’m not mistaken and was the one that came with the bullnose 460. I had to install the adapters with the R134a fittings. Also came in handy was a Vintage air 18” aluminum line which worked well to connect the condenser hose to the high side of the compressor.

The broncos ac system is original and has never been converted. Before I install a new drier I wanted to see if I could hold vacuum. Well I am far from it. My distributor can hold better vacuum :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: :nabble_smiley_wink:

But at least it’s “all there” now.

Well, getting it together is progress. Finding the leaks should be fairly easy.

Well, getting it together is progress. Finding the leaks should be fairly easy.

Yes indeed... making sure it all fits is a big deal in a swap. I was a bit worried about that.

It is a big leak so it should be easy to find. I can't pump below 20". Probably a rotten evaporator..

More on this

I pressurized the system to about 60PSI and did my soapy water test and I couldn't find any leaks in any of the fittings. It held the pressure no problem which was strange as it couldn't even pump down below 20". Then I realized it must have had condensation/moisture in the system.

I guess water's boiling/evap point doesn't really come into play until about 28" of vacuum in the outdoor conditions... so I just let the vacuum run for an hour. It has now pumped down to 28.5" which is as low as I've seen my system go, so that's good. Now whether it will hold this vacuum is another story.

Yes indeed... making sure it all fits is a big deal in a swap. I was a bit worried about that.

It is a big leak so it should be easy to find. I can't pump below 20". Probably a rotten evaporator..

More on this

I pressurized the system to about 60PSI and did my soapy water test and I couldn't find any leaks in any of the fittings. It held the pressure no problem which was strange as it couldn't even pump down below 20". Then I realized it must have had condensation/moisture in the system.

I guess water's boiling/evap point doesn't really come into play until about 28" of vacuum in the outdoor conditions... so I just let the vacuum run for an hour. It has now pumped down to 28.5" which is as low as I've seen my system go, so that's good. Now whether it will hold this vacuum is another story.

Interesting! I wouldn't have thought of that. Hope it holds! :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Interesting! I wouldn't have thought of that. Hope it holds! :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Thanks! It caught me by surprise as well. Usually my pump will hit a minimum within a few minutes of running but those were also on vehicles that had an ~operational AC system already so not a lot of residual moisture I guess.

I'm also going to buy a 2 stage harbor freight pump which can pull a deeper vacuum. I have gone by for a long time servicing vehicles that didn't have residual moisture with my cheap pump....

Thanks! It caught me by surprise as well. Usually my pump will hit a minimum within a few minutes of running but those were also on vehicles that had an ~operational AC system already so not a lot of residual moisture I guess.

I'm also going to buy a 2 stage harbor freight pump which can pull a deeper vacuum. I have gone by for a long time servicing vehicles that didn't have residual moisture with my cheap pump....

HF has a sale on today.

HF has a sale on today.

Yes perfect timing. Also got the ITC membership which basically came for free since it saved about $30 on the pump. That ITC member is nothing but trouble from past experience :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: