Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Yippee!!! So glad you are out of the hospital. Hope you don't overdo it and have to go back in. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

It's not the pain, it's the infection.

I run the full course of antibiotics, and a couple of days later it just comes back... 🤷‍♂️

Infectious diseases doesn't know what it is.

I know it's not MRSA or any other kind of staph infection.

Last time after the IV Vancomycin* they had me on Keflex (cepalhexin)

Then they tried Cipro.

Now they have me on doxycycline.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not the pain, it's the infection.

I run the full course of antibiotics, and a couple of days later it just comes back... 🤷‍♂️

Infectious diseases doesn't know what it is.

I know it's not MRSA or any other kind of staph infection.

Last time after the IV Vancomycin* they had me on Keflex (cepalhexin)

Then they tried Cipro.

Now they have me on doxycycline.

Those are serious antibiotics. And if they didn't work it must be quite some infection.

And they probably make you feel rough. The fairly mild stuff they gave me for bronchitis last week made me feel warm all the time.

I sure hope your infection doesn't come back!

Today Im out of the hospital and hope to be able to get back to my brother's house to work on my truck, if I can stand to kneel underneath.

I hope that I am able to get the shims in either side of the carrier without a spreader

So happy to hear that Jim!

I am just wondering if it’s possible for you to calm your desire to break your own 0-60 record, and to simply gently press the pedal to progressively reach a confortable cruise speed.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Please take care.

So happy to hear that Jim!

I am just wondering if it’s possible for you to calm your desire to break your own 0-60 record, and to simply gently press the pedal to progressively reach a confortable cruise speed.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Please take care.

Maybe Secanol or Thorazine

Maybe Secanol or Thorazine

Today it rained in the morning (and it's pizzing down now) but I managed to R&R the pinion -i didn't trust the crush collar- I assembled the carrier and lubed all the bearings with STP.

I got the carrier installed with a 0.010 shim to the right.

Play seems right, at 0.012", but I have to pattern it.

My knees just couldn't handle any more.

Hopefully it looks good, I can button it up and fill it.

I have a hard drive magnet epoxied to the 'sump'.

I'll drive it 15-20 miles and see how hot it gets.

If it's good, I'll take it home and get to work.

Today it rained in the morning (and it's pizzing down now) but I managed to R&R the pinion -i didn't trust the crush collar- I assembled the carrier and lubed all the bearings with STP.

PROGRESS!!!!!

I hope the pattern looks perfect and you can head home. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Jim, remind me again what Gary uses to say…?

Oh yeah, progress!

:nabble_anim_claps:

The brake controller in the Dodge is a Hayes Genesis. It is an accelerometer-based automatic controller, which is what I've used and liked. But looking up the manual on-line, the in-cab adjustments are far from intuitive. So I don't think I was changing anything when I was trying. Now that I have the manual I'll give it another shot. I don't think I'm going to love this controller, but likely it will work well enough for me.

Back in January I bought a car trailer and had trouble with the brake controller on my Dodge locking up the electric brakes as soon as the brake lights came on. I reported back in January that I had found the owner's manual for my brake controller and found that the adjustments were not intuitive, and that I'd try it again after adjusting the controller correctly.

Well that happened a couple weeks ago when we went to open up my folk's cabin (where the trailer lives). Unfortunately the brakes didn't work at all, so I don't know how the correctly adjusted controller works. But also the trailer running lights would come on when I hit the brake pedal. My rule of thumb is that when you have weird electrical issues with a trailer, nine times out of ten you'll find you have a bad ground (the tenth time you'll also have a bad ground, but you won't find it!).

Well, this turned out to be one of the nine times. The ground tab in the electrical socket on the back of the Dodge was folded over flat, so when I plugged in a trailer it would make contact on all of the circuits except for the ground. I'm guessing that happened after I picked the trailer up since the lights and brakes all worked then.

I tried bending the tab back up, but I couldn't get it aligned well enough to let a trailer plug in. And the tab was pretty weak, so even if I did get it lined up it'd probably bend over, or even break off pretty soon.

I had a new socket that even lined up with all of the mounting holes in the Dodge bumper. It didn't have the nice weather-proof, plug-in connector that the factory socket had, so I had to cut and solder wires. But now I have a completely working socket again.

So far I've only tested it hooking it up to Pluto (since that's the only "trailer" I have at home that has electric brakes). I didn't tow him anywhere, but all of the circuits worked. So the next time we're at the cabin I'll try with the empty trailer again. I'm going to need to have working trailer brakes before I tow Oswald home in June!

(next post on the Dodge)

Back in January I bought a car trailer and had trouble with the brake controller on my Dodge locking up the electric brakes as soon as the brake lights came on. I reported back in January that I had found the owner's manual for my brake controller and found that the adjustments were not intuitive, and that I'd try it again after adjusting the controller correctly.

Well that happened a couple weeks ago when we went to open up my folk's cabin (where the trailer lives). Unfortunately the brakes didn't work at all, so I don't know how the correctly adjusted controller works. But also the trailer running lights would come on when I hit the brake pedal. My rule of thumb is that when you have weird electrical issues with a trailer, nine times out of ten you'll find you have a bad ground (the tenth time you'll also have a bad ground, but you won't find it!).

Well, this turned out to be one of the nine times. The ground tab in the electrical socket on the back of the Dodge was folded over flat, so when I plugged in a trailer it would make contact on all of the circuits except for the ground. I'm guessing that happened after I picked the trailer up since the lights and brakes all worked then.

I tried bending the tab back up, but I couldn't get it aligned well enough to let a trailer plug in. And the tab was pretty weak, so even if I did get it lined up it'd probably bend over, or even break off pretty soon.

I had a new socket that even lined up with all of the mounting holes in the Dodge bumper. It didn't have the nice weather-proof, plug-in connector that the factory socket had, so I had to cut and solder wires. But now I have a completely working socket again.

So far I've only tested it hooking it up to Pluto (since that's the only "trailer" I have at home that has electric brakes). I didn't tow him anywhere, but all of the circuits worked. So the next time we're at the cabin I'll try with the empty trailer again. I'm going to need to have working trailer brakes before I tow Oswald home in June!

(next post on the Dodge)

Again, we have PROGRESS! :nabble_anim_claps:

And I agree with your assessment on the cause of weird electrical issues, especially on a trailer - grounds. Glad you found it and got it fixed. :nabble_smiley_good: