Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

😳 Bet that made some racket.

It hit so hard when the cross pin snapped that it blew the hubcaps off!

But the REAL racket was the driveshaft flailing around when the yoke shattered.

It beat the hell out of my muffler and new side gas tank before it finally came free.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats the max weight (loaded)

8,600 is a manufacturer weight rating for compliance.

It's the Goldilocks zone. Above 8,500 for no emissions, and under 9k where most states would make you register as a commercial vehicle.

I'm going to open a can of worms.. dang it. I can keep my mouth shut but the curb weight on the brochures (even in the documentation on this website) are much less than some of the numbers I see here. Closer to 4500 lbs curb weight for a 8600 GVWR. I have seen actual weights of close to or over 6000 lbs as Jim is quoting here before as well, and reports of weight measurements on Facebook that match the factory brochure. I have been perplexed why there is such a big range on empirical data I've come across. Gary explained it once to me on why the delta but it flew over my head and I didn't understand.

It hit so hard when the cross pin snapped that it blew the hubcaps off!

But the REAL racket was the driveshaft flailing around when the yoke shattered.

It beat the hell out of my muffler and new side gas tank before it finally came free.

IMG_20240131_135742_MP.thumb.jpg.8a22b3cba69dbb839c67a0be1816f04e.jpg\

For those that didn't get to see what came out when I pulled the cover off. 😆🤯

\

For those that didn't get to see what came out when I pulled the cover off. 😆🤯

So this is after 450,000 miles ? (I saw somewhere thats how many miles the ArdWrknTrk has!)

I'm going to open a can of worms.. dang it. I can keep my mouth shut but the curb weight on the brochures (even in the documentation on this website) are much less than some of the numbers I see here. Closer to 4500 lbs curb weight for a 8600 GVWR. I have seen actual weights of close to or over 6000 lbs as Jim is quoting here before as well, and reports of weight measurements on Facebook that match the factory brochure. I have been perplexed why there is such a big range on empirical data I've come across. Gary explained it once to me on why the delta but it flew over my head and I didn't understand.

I can only tell you what the door sticker says, and what gets printed out when I drive over a certified scale.

I honestly don't care about opinion.

I know my personal experience and that's all I care about (facts)

So this is after 450,000 miles ? (I saw somewhere thats how many miles the ArdWrknTrk has!)

Of beating the everliving snot out of it.

I was not at all kind when I was younger. (maybe, not even now! 😆)

Vivek, here is what Darth's sticker says on weight:

IMGP0080_copy_2.thumb.jpg.fddf95b4baba2b1ac444f29b4fd94f3d.jpg

I weighed him on a certified scale at the local grain elevator, both tanks near empty (front was empty) no one in the seat and only an aluminum camper shell that I can put on or take off by myself. I also have 4 of the 1994 optional aluminum rims Alcoa made for Ford on him. Weight on the scale was 6400 lbs.

Darth is a 2WD (no 1986 crew cab duallies were built 4WD by Ford) updates are conversion the MAF/SEFI (probably 40 lbs less intake weight) and changed the C6 to an E4OD (probably added at least the 40 lbs back).

I can only tell you what the door sticker says, and what gets printed out when I drive over a certified scale.

I honestly don't care about opinion.

I know my personal experience and that's all I care about (facts)

I do see varied weights on trucks. I've never weighed the 250 or even looked at the door tag for weight. but with a f100 claiming less than 3100 and a flareside that I have gone across scales at 4040 before with myself inside and when I was a contractor, I had many boxes weighing more than a person should lift. soo many differences from engine weight, transmission weight, one tank vs two plus their fuel. wheel /tire size, t2wd vs 4wd transfer case etc. all of these and more can change the specs