Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, I'll say it - PROGRESS IS GOOD, Jim! :nabble_anim_claps:

It's raining.

I have a podiatrist appointment for the broken bones in my feet tomorrow @10 and a Cardiac follow up at 1:30 so I don't think I'm going to get anything done tomorrow. 😖

But I'm trying, as my swelling goes down, and I have less nausea. 🙂

It's raining.

I have a podiatrist appointment for the broken bones in my feet tomorrow @10 and a Cardiac follow up at 1:30 so I don't think I'm going to get anything done tomorrow. 😖

But I'm trying, as my swelling goes down, and I have less nausea. 🙂

Good progress Jim, good to pace yourself with the ailments!!

Have been out of town for a week and decided to go out to the store to buy some 'supplies' but had to promptly return, I hadn't made it past the limits of our house.

I have ignored Big Blue 2WD I suppose, with too much attention to the Bronco. She isn't happy. Acting like there is fuel starvation, loss of power. Idle RPM is low, fuel pressure based on in-line gauge is fine. Exhaust popping upon acceleration and bogging. Both tanks/pumps have the same behavior so I know its not fuel related.

I am ashamed to admit that I have yet to change the plugs since I got the truck. Had so many opportunities but the plugs I got for Big Blue ended up being used on Big Red and at the next opportunity on the 460 for the Bronco. Never checked compression ever. First time Big Blue isn't happy after many many miles. Ordered new plugs (Motorcraft SP502) will do a compression test before changing. Will check timing with light, etc.

Hoping its a low-tech issue :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Good progress Jim, good to pace yourself with the ailments!!

Have been out of town for a week and decided to go out to the store to buy some 'supplies' but had to promptly return, I hadn't made it past the limits of our house.

I have ignored Big Blue 2WD I suppose, with too much attention to the Bronco. She isn't happy. Acting like there is fuel starvation, loss of power. Idle RPM is low, fuel pressure based on in-line gauge is fine. Exhaust popping upon acceleration and bogging. Both tanks/pumps have the same behavior so I know its not fuel related.

I am ashamed to admit that I have yet to change the plugs since I got the truck. Had so many opportunities but the plugs I got for Big Blue ended up being used on Big Red and at the next opportunity on the 460 for the Bronco. Never checked compression ever. First time Big Blue isn't happy after many many miles. Ordered new plugs (Motorcraft SP502) will do a compression test before changing. Will check timing with light, etc.

Hoping its a low-tech issue :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Popping on DEcelleration?

Super rich idle?

Fat and blubbery when you try to give it gas, but it runs better at high rpm?

Blown PowerValve.

Has ALL the symptoms....💡

If it weren't that it would cost a ton to ship, I would send you the 10.25" tool set, one of the tools is a shim driver for forcing the Ford shims in behind the bearing cups.

Bill, how much did this set cost you and how much does it weigh?

There's no way in hell I can go to my friend's birthday pig roast tomorrow, let alone hike around an alpine meadow in VT.

I'm gonna hotwire my brother's Altima, and not rush the truck. 💡

Popping on DEcelleration?

Super rich idle?

Fat and blubbery when you try to give it gas, but it runs better at high rpm?

Blown PowerValve.

Has ALL the symptoms....💡

I’m running an Edelbrock 1411.

Not happy at higher RPM at all. That’s when I hear exhaust popping

Base idle has dropped as well so don’t think we are running on all cylinders. Strange it’s happened all of a sudden after sitting a few days

I’m running an Edelbrock 1411.

Not happy at higher RPM at all. That’s when I hear exhaust popping

Base idle has dropped as well so don’t think we are running on all cylinders. Strange it’s happened all of a sudden after sitting a few days

Easy enough to ohm out the coil and pickup.

Do you have a spare (known good) DS-II module?

Don't even bother to unbolt the old one, just set it on there and plug it in.

I think Gary had dual (stacked) modules when Big Blue was DS-II.

He was also running an AFB.

I have an AVS 650 on the shelf in Wilton (if any of my stuff still exists. I haven't been since September)

Easy enough to ohm out the coil and pickup.

Do you have a spare (known good) DS-II module?

Don't even bother to unbolt the old one, just set it on there and plug it in.

I think Gary had dual (stacked) modules when Big Blue was DS-II.

He was also running an AFB.

I have an AVS 650 on the shelf in Wilton (if any of my stuff still exists. I haven't been since September)

As in having a spare or 2 wired together?