Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I cheated and didn't even fully remove the instrument panel.

I loosened it enough to get my hand around it to change out the 5 bulbs, so I'm not sure if there was something in the socket honestly.

That being the case I'll bet they are still there, which explains the blueish tinge. Your bulbs put out a very cool white light given the 5K temp, so the filters may still be there.

From my testing, HIPO cool white LEDs with blue filters on the left, and the same LEDs w/o the filters on the right - with the same camera settings:

HiPo_White_with_Filters_at_1_sec.jpg.9f84c6d5f6bc7eba7feaeb3f06412439.jpgHiPo_White_without_Filters_at_1_sec.jpg.696cef0d886ecb7c97276fb6ef4106b2.jpg

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That being the case I'll bet they are still there, which explains the blueish tinge. Your bulbs put out a very cool white light given the 5K temp, so the filters may still be there.

From my testing, HIPO cool white LEDs with blue filters on the left, and the same LEDs w/o the filters on the right - with the same camera settings:

Hmmm...I sure do like the bright white that you have.

Considering the 500 things I need to do to get this back on the road, I think I will leave it as is for now and save it for a weekend next winter to dig back into.

Hmmm...I sure do like the bright white that you have.

Considering the 500 things I need to do to get this back on the road, I think I will leave it as is for now and save it for a weekend next winter to dig back into.

:nabble_smiley_good:

I understand that approach: Prioritize, prioritize, prioritize.

Yeah I suppose. It turns pretty slow on the highway with the lt265/75/16 tires. Only about 2300 RPM at 60 MPH. Most of my driving with it is below 2000 RPM. I have sat in traffic for many hundreds of hours idling though, that adds a lot of wear and tear to an engine also.

2300 at 60? that's like 3k on any modern highway these days.

2300 at 60? that's like 3k on any modern highway these days.

Seed limits here are 60 MPH at fastest on state route and interstates, and rural areas on interstate 70 MPH but during the day the traffic is so bad you're lucky to see 50 MPH anyways. 2300 at 60 isn't anything to me, my other non overdrive cars turn 2900 and 3100 at 60 without a single care given. I have to be doing almost 80 MPH to see 3000 RPM and I never drive that fast in anything ever. My drive to work today the fastest I got up to was 40 mph for about a mile since the traffic was so bad.

Seed limits here are 60 MPH at fastest on state route and interstates, and rural areas on interstate 70 MPH but during the day the traffic is so bad you're lucky to see 50 MPH anyways. 2300 at 60 isn't anything to me, my other non overdrive cars turn 2900 and 3100 at 60 without a single care given. I have to be doing almost 80 MPH to see 3000 RPM and I never drive that fast in anything ever. My drive to work today the fastest I got up to was 40 mph for about a mile since the traffic was so bad.

traffic used to make me a very grumpy person by the time I got home. these days it seems you either do 80 or you are in the way. last trip to new England was interesting. averaging 75 most of the way till I reached Connecticut. Danbury to Hartford was like a speedway. 95 was just keeping up. I really had to come down from it entering Mass. by the time I reached Brattleboro I was alone on the highway. as if it had just been turned off by a switch.

Fairfield county is one of the most congested parts of the country.

When the bridge fell down in summer of '83 it handled a quarter million cars a day.

I was a union carpenter back then....

Today, I'm up all night sitting in a flatbed waiting on a call.

At 3 in the morning every truck and car is hauling at least 75. (myself included)

My brother lives about 50 miles away, on the other side of New Haven.

2 1/2 hours is not uncommon, if traffic is bad.

traffic used to make me a very grumpy person by the time I got home. these days it seems you either do 80 or you are in the way. last trip to new England was interesting. averaging 75 most of the way till I reached Connecticut. Danbury to Hartford was like a speedway. 95 was just keeping up. I really had to come down from it entering Mass. by the time I reached Brattleboro I was alone on the highway. as if it had just been turned off by a switch.

Yeah, I go to work in rush hour traffic then drive a terminal tractor in a total pile of a warehouse yard all day, it's taken me almost an hour to go 8.5 miles to get to work before. Usually 30 minutes minimum to get there, I come home another way which is 90% highway and only another mile longer but even at 10-10:30 at night I5 traffic is still lucky to hit 65 at the best of times. The only time people can really fly 80+ anywhere around here is in the middle of the night or mornings on the weekend and you better not get caught in a speed trap doing it lol.

Yeah, I go to work in rush hour traffic then drive a terminal tractor in a total pile of a warehouse yard all day, it's taken me almost an hour to go 8.5 miles to get to work before. Usually 30 minutes minimum to get there, I come home another way which is 90% highway and only another mile longer but even at 10-10:30 at night I5 traffic is still lucky to hit 65 at the best of times. The only time people can really fly 80+ anywhere around here is in the middle of the night or mornings on the weekend and you better not get caught in a speed trap doing it lol.

After getting the headliner installed the other day, I got the dome light back in with a new LED bulb and clear lens. Now I just need to figure out what it takes to make the map lights work. Thanks in advance for the wiring diagram (https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/lights.html)

20240330_120808.jpg.8bec02ec5e7dcc55998a96f2eaa09834.jpg

While the dash was apart I got the new radio installed and working with the door speakers. Sounds much better (and louder) than I expected. I need to trim the radio faceplate to make it perfect. Finally the dash is back in....until I decide something else needs replaced. 😀

20240330_120844.thumb.jpg.3adfc843c358e0f5b1ecd0e6a5495b5c.jpg

Also midway through replacing the radius arm bushings. Of course that means I had to clean and paint the radius arm brackets...so not a one hour job.