Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Bad mood day I guess. After putting aside the false idea of a replacement from LMC...and working through the options on how to work their hog rings into this...

1/4" self tappers to the rescue. As good using their aftermarket way with a tremendous amount of time saved.

I have to work out a wrinkle, but otherwise a far better solution to their not direct replacement.

Is this the velour seat kit LMC sells? I was thinking about buying that for mine as I hate the rough seat upholstery material mine has and its starting to fall apart. My seat is hog ringed.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this the velour seat kit LMC sells? I was thinking about buying that for mine as I hate the rough seat upholstery material mine has and its starting to fall apart. My seat is hog ringed.

I don't see the seatbelt openings. on mine I have used the j hook across the rear and pulled the hog ring fitting edge across the front and sides. but the patterns I have been using are not the velour/vinyl one that you have.

I don't see the seatbelt openings. on mine I have used the j hook across the rear and pulled the hog ring fitting edge across the front and sides. but the patterns I have been using are not the velour/vinyl one that you have.

I just looked up the seat cover in the catalog and I fear that you may have installed it backwards. if so, I hope you have not cut for the backrest posts yet. in the catalog, it shows the velour going all the way to the front edge which means the 6" vinyl would be where the seat belt openings get cut. I hope I'm incorrect and just not seeing enough in the picture.

Yes, the velour kit...part velour, part vinyl.

49-5735-LL. SEAT KIT-VELOUR-BLUE

No seat belt openings or anything else. You need to cut your own.

Not pleased.

I just looked up the seat cover in the catalog and I fear that you may have installed it backwards. if so, I hope you have not cut for the backrest posts yet. in the catalog, it shows the velour going all the way to the front edge which means the 6" vinyl would be where the seat belt openings get cut. I hope I'm incorrect and just not seeing enough in the picture.

Installed correctly, I can tell by the way it fits...unmistakable. The cuts are specific and no way to really get it backwards. There is vinyl on the front and back. Velour only om the top.

Installed correctly, I can tell by the way it fits...unmistakable. The cuts are specific and no way to really get it backwards. There is vinyl on the front and back. Velour only om the top.

I have been using all vinyl version. I just did 49-5732 BL two weeks ago and have the 49-5732 LL to do next. both have the j channel across the rear edge to slip onto the frame by the rear springs. interesting that yours has hog ring fitment front and rear. and by interesting, I mean disappointing.

I have been using all vinyl version. I just did 49-5732 BL two weeks ago and have the 49-5732 LL to do next. both have the j channel across the rear edge to slip onto the frame by the rear springs. interesting that yours has hog ring fitment front and rear. and by interesting, I mean disappointing.

Just to show what I mean by knowing it is on correctly, this shows the cutouts for the back rest.

20240311_080041.jpg.5778ae88e7a0c31e1b5328a9aa333221.jpg

20240311_075746.jpg.8c2a3427e687cb2a0da8688ddc610684.jpg

It'll work out, just not what I expected. I'll probably save the old J clip/track in case I want to have someone make some new ones down the line.

Just to show what I mean by knowing it is on correctly, this shows the cutouts for the back rest.

It'll work out, just not what I expected. I'll probably save the old J clip/track in case I want to have someone make some new ones down the line.

wow. that is the first that I have seen that does not cover the rear of the base frame. the ones I have been using do and have no openings for the back rest posts, I have to cut them. I wonder if you did not get a mislabeled part, like one for an earlier model.

wow. that is the first that I have seen that does not cover the rear of the base frame. the ones I have been using do and have no openings for the back rest posts, I have to cut them. I wonder if you did not get a mislabeled part, like one for an earlier model.

OK. This shall be proof that I can admit when I am wrong and an idiot. Ashamed and embarrassed.

Mat in tn wasn't right that I had the seat cover on backwards. He should have said that I was putting the backrest on the bottom seat. 🤣

While this doesn't change the fact of a lack of j strips and having to use hog rings or screws....it does however cover the entire frame now and has seatbelt cut outs.

I actually liked the fit better before....but at least I have seat belt cutouts where they belong.. 🤣🤣🤣

OK. This shall be proof that I can admit when I am wrong and an idiot. Ashamed and embarrassed.

Mat in tn wasn't right that I had the seat cover on backwards. He should have said that I was putting the backrest on the bottom seat. 🤣

While this doesn't change the fact of a lack of j strips and having to use hog rings or screws....it does however cover the entire frame now and has seatbelt cut outs.

I actually liked the fit better before....but at least I have seat belt cutouts where they belong.. 🤣🤣🤣

OMG!!!! good on you for looking back at it and God bless you for being open about it. some things happen so easily, and EVERYONE has gotten something incorrect before and its human.