Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Interesting that you have a welder, and didn't just make 'frame savers' rather than replacing the complete horns.

I get it, on a full restoration, but man that's a lot of work for something that will likely never be seen. :nabble_smiley_good:

Installed my floor light and glove box harness today. Couldn't get power to the ash trey light on the harness for some odd reason but the truck already has an ash trey light so I just left it unhooked and tied all the wiring up behind the radio as neatly as I could. Man, huge difference. I can actually see what I'm doing at night now if I turn the interior lights on. I also replaced the lower steering column trim piece with a good one I found on eBay.

428271101_379436491499259_2592354238465777640_n.jpg.ae58db242ddbf6e61a78e120b603c693.jpg428052695_261298863586582_3986546601599945866_n.jpg.adf9a6fcf358dd3f103af74e5f664df3.jpg427021264_419293973826668_8095725257090341213_n.jpg.2fa982ba97337a443562ff538fbf678e.jpg428358246_1460024981538546_3956594798682539038_n.jpg.03aba301157177abd2775d21c5a467ed.jpg428271107_722734163303614_3553134618015694009_n.jpg.a9d4e9efdc69859964600fcaf794c886.jpg

I think my next projects are replace the rear fuel tank vent valve with a new one since the hose barb broke off years ago and I'm tired of smelling gas fumes with the tank full at the back of the truck and mount and balance my new spare tire I bought. Might do the rear shocks then as well.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Installed my floor light and glove box harness today. Couldn't get power to the ash trey light on the harness for some odd reason but the truck already has an ash trey light so I just left it unhooked and tied all the wiring up behind the radio as neatly as I could. Man, huge difference. I can actually see what I'm doing at night now if I turn the interior lights on. I also replaced the lower steering column trim piece with a good one I found on eBay.

I think my next projects are replace the rear fuel tank vent valve with a new one since the hose barb broke off years ago and I'm tired of smelling gas fumes with the tank full at the back of the truck and mount and balance my new spare tire I bought. Might do the rear shocks then as well.

Help me out.

It's all one harness, and you can't get power to the middle socket closest to the connector?

Did you try swapping bulbs around?

Help me out.

It's all one harness, and you can't get power to the middle socket closest to the connector?

Did you try swapping bulbs around?

I tried several new bulbs, none of them lit up and I gave up on it. Seeing it already had an ash tray light installed I gave up, no point in installing something it already has.

I tried several new bulbs, none of them lit up and I gave up on it. Seeing it already had an ash tray light installed I gave up, no point in installing something it already has.

I can feel your frustration.

Sometimes it's better to roll with what's already working! :nabble_smiley_cool:

I'm looking at the schematic and I don't see how you've got power to each side and not the middle....

I have to consider something like this, but I don't know if I want a better look at the mud and trash on my floors. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I can feel your frustration.

Sometimes it's better to roll with what's already working! :nabble_smiley_cool:

I'm looking at the schematic and I don't see how you've got power to each side and not the middle....

I have to consider something like this, but I don't know if I want a better look at the mud and trash on my floors. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

One thing I did not anticipate was how much of the ground gets lit up when the door is fully open, it is quite nice. I used some warm white 1156 LED's on the floor lights, a warm white 194 5SMD LED on the glove box.

One thing I did not anticipate was how much of the ground gets lit up when the door is fully open, it is quite nice. I used some warm white 1156 LED's on the floor lights, a warm white 194 5SMD LED on the glove box.

Awesome!

Certainly LED's give you 8-10x more lumens per watt and have no filament to break from road vibration.

Seems like Ford's engineering/lighting department was on point locating these lamps where they did.

It's nice to see what you're stepping out into.

Awesome!

Certainly LED's give you 8-10x more lumens per watt and have no filament to break from road vibration.

Seems like Ford's engineering/lighting department was on point locating these lamps where they did.

It's nice to see what you're stepping out into.

one quirk with leds. sometimes people forget or don't understand that the filament bulbs are resistors and don't care about direction but leds are diodes. check valves for current. they only work in the correct polarity. very frustrating when new bulbs don't work but pull them and turn 180 degrees.

one quirk with leds. sometimes people forget or don't understand that the filament bulbs are resistors and don't care about direction but leds are diodes. check valves for current. they only work in the correct polarity. very frustrating when new bulbs don't work but pull them and turn 180 degrees.

They are diodes! 💡

I haven't seen an automotive one in a long time that wasn't bipolar, but he did note that the one in the middle is wedge base.

Different than the 1156. on either side.

I have Hy-Po's and Sylvania in my dash and they all can be inserted either way.

They are diodes! 💡

I haven't seen an automotive one in a long time that wasn't bipolar, but he did note that the one in the middle is wedge base.

Different than the 1156. on either side.

I have Hy-Po's and Sylvania in my dash and they all can be inserted either way.

Just finished the same lighting in my truck. I tied in the dome light circuit at the driver door switch to work with the dome light....love it.