Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

One time I was in there and asked if they still carried speedometer driven gears then gave the guy a C0AZ engineering number, dude about crapped himself with the facial expression he made :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig::nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

"Those darn kids. STAY OFF MY LAWN!".

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

"Those darn kids. STAY OFF MY LAWN!".

I pick up batteries and coolant from the local dealer since as mentioned earlier, it's cheaper and I generally try to stick with Motorcraft/Ford. I've had numerous instances where I park up front and they complement my truck followed by half-heartedly asking if I want to sell my truck, which I always decode as "We'll give you $4K for it and then get you into something much newer and nicer at 28% APR and $872 a month".

I was able to get on a first name basis with the manager of the parts counter years ago when I worked for Advance Auto and he even offered to send my parts out to my store whenever they had a delivery out that way so I wouldn't have to run by the Ford dealer.

I own a few vintage Ford Red Kap work shirts from the 80's to the 2000's. I try to wear one whenever I know I'm stopping by the parts department since most of the guys at the parts counter are long timers and recognize the shirts even though they have no Ford patches. They always wonder where I found them since most of them are in like-new condition.

Jochen - That looks wicked! As in FUN! However, I was never one to extra much of the fun out of bikes like that. Too cautious. But still, it looks like fun! :nabble_smiley_good:

I'll bet the dealer was impressed with what you were towing with.

Indeed Gary. We had to talk truck for a while before I could start to unload. This also helped me (again) to realize how blessed I am in my third phase of life. It‘s mostly about my toys and hobbies and for the family I am sitting in the back seat now. Well glad I can enjoy that.

Best wishes to you guys over there 🙋‍♂️

Indeed Gary. We had to talk truck for a while before I could start to unload. This also helped me (again) to realize how blessed I am in my third phase of life. It‘s mostly about my toys and hobbies and for the family I am sitting in the back seat now. Well glad I can enjoy that.

Best wishes to you guys over there 🙋‍♂️

And our best to you! :nabble_waving_orig:

I bet you can't wait until spring and the long days of summer to just get out and RIP the afternoons away on your bike. :nabble_smiley_good:

And our best to you! :nabble_waving_orig:

I bet you can't wait until spring and the long days of summer to just get out and RIP the afternoons away on your bike. :nabble_smiley_good:

This is why I do 99% of my parts buying on line, look them up, see who has the best price, look @ picture to verify correct part, order, wait 30 min, go pick them up, verify again that the correct part, proceed to shop. Also, when I call to see if part is in stock, person on phone (without hesitation) says, yep, got it...ask, who am I speaking with, answer is, hold and let me make sure we have it.

Bill

This is why I do 99% of my parts buying on line, look them up, see who has the best price, look @ picture to verify correct part, order, wait 30 min, go pick them up, verify again that the correct part, proceed to shop. Also, when I call to see if part is in stock, person on phone (without hesitation) says, yep, got it...ask, who am I speaking with, answer is, hold and let me make sure we have it.

Bill

When I went in I knew Tascas price $2.xx & 5.xx.

I knew I was never gonna get out of there for under $10, and I would have been okay with up to double MSRP (which was listed at ~5 &10) just to support a local business.

The girl came back with $63.

I balked!

I opened Tasca's tab on my phone and said "I'd be alright with double, or maybe even triple, but there's

NO WAY I'm paying over 4x retail!"

She tried to counter with "that's the online discounted price"

I said "no, that's the MSRP, their price is $7.89 total, and they're not LOOSING money on a sale"...

"You've gotta be xxxxing kidding me. I realize you don't make enough with the $17k premium tacked onto that damn electric pickup but this is outrageous!"

When I went in I knew Tascas price $2.xx & 5.xx.

I knew I was never gonna get out of there for under $10, and I would have been okay with up to double MSRP (which was listed at ~5 &10) just to support a local business.

The girl came back with $63.

I balked!

I opened Tasca's tab on my phone and said "I'd be alright with double, or maybe even triple, but there's

NO WAY I'm paying over 4x retail!"

She tried to counter with "that's the online discounted price"

I said "no, that's the MSRP, their price is $7.89 total, and they're not LOOSING money on a sale"...

"You've gotta be xxxxing kidding me. I realize you don't make enough with the $17k premium tacked onto that damn electric pickup but this is outrageous!"

Does anyone know what type of valve stem the stock 8 lug 16x6 SRW wheels take? I bought myself a tire machine and balancer and am going to try it out on my trucks spare tire first. It's got the bolt in type of valve stem with the nut exposed on the outside. Can't seem to find out much about them and when I had my stock wheels on the truck the tire shop didn't even mess with them when I had new tires put on years ago.

Does anyone know what type of valve stem the stock 8 lug 16x6 SRW wheels take? I bought myself a tire machine and balancer and am going to try it out on my trucks spare tire first. It's got the bolt in type of valve stem with the nut exposed on the outside. Can't seem to find out much about them and when I had my stock wheels on the truck the tire shop didn't even mess with them when I had new tires put on years ago.

I use the Continental stainless 'nut down' type valve stems w/ the knurled caps that have the valve removing fork on the top.

I use the Continental stainless 'nut down' type valve stems w/ the knurled caps that have the valve removing fork on the top.

Do you have a link to those? I find similar styles for HD trucks and busses but not sure if they're the right diameter for the hole in the wheel or not.