Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry that "pink smoke" takes me right back to '79! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Use my truck last week to swap my motorbike. Sold the BMW 1200 and bought a KTM 890 SMT. Comfort went up in my personal requirements list :nabble_smiley_beam:

The KTM dealer is also a Ford dealer so I had to take the truck to pick up the new bike. Put 250 km on the bike so far and it is a small, wild and agile cat. Like it a lot

IMG_5024.thumb.jpeg.680db1171407469dccb61378f8e9d216.jpeg

Use my truck last week to swap my motorbike. Sold the BMW 1200 and bought a KTM 890 SMT. Comfort went up in my personal requirements list :nabble_smiley_beam:

The KTM dealer is also a Ford dealer so I had to take the truck to pick up the new bike. Put 250 km on the bike so far and it is a small, wild and agile cat. Like it a lot

IMG_5024.jpeg.84a20315857913ed386e6b201c9c874c.jpeg

Hi Jochen!

Let's have a look at that! 🤔

IMG_5024.jpeg.84a20315857913ed386e6b201c9c874c.jpeg

If the image file is too big this arcane forum software can't handle it.💡

As a former Ducati nut (starting with a '66 250 race bike right through to a 916 Corse) I love me some KTM!

That looks like a wicked barrel of fun! 😃

I wish my spine and knee still worked.

IMG_5024.jpeg

A few weeks back I drove my (broken) truck to the dealership to get a pinion nut and distance ring for the rear.axle.

They didn't want my beast parked with the fancy cars in front, so I went around back.

When I came back out one of the older guys was standing there....

He wanted to tell me about his truck of 35 years past, and how much he* liked it compared to what they work on today. 😄

edit *

Hi Jochen!

Let's have a look at that! 🤔

If the image file is too big this arcane forum software can't handle it.💡

As a former Ducati nut (starting with a '66 250 race bike right through to a 916 Corse) I love me some KTM!

That looks like a wicked barrel of fun! 😃

I wish my spine and knee still worked.

Jochen - That looks wicked! As in FUN! However, I was never one to extra much of the fun out of bikes like that. Too cautious. But still, it looks like fun! :nabble_smiley_good:

I'll bet the dealer was impressed with what you were towing with.

A few weeks back I drove my (broken) truck to the dealership to get a pinion nut and distance ring for the rear.axle.

They didn't want my beast parked with the fancy cars in front, so I went around back.

When I came back out one of the older guys was standing there....

He wanted to tell me about his truck of 35 years past, and how much he* liked it compared to what they work on today. 😄

edit *

Jim, I'd have left it out front with the new vehicles purposely after them saying that. Like, do they want your business or not with that snob attitude? It was good enough to sit out front when it was new wasn't it?

Jim, I'd have left it out front with the new vehicles purposely after them saying that. Like, do they want your business or not with that snob attitude? It was good enough to sit out front when it was new wasn't it?

Their valet didn't want to park my truck! 😆😅😂🤣

They have a Ferrari and a couple of Aston's in the showroom.

It's not a place for 'people like me'...even though I learned to drive stick at 12 in a damn Ferrari 330GT

.All I wanted was a pinion nut & crush collar, not an argument. 🤷‍♂️

I didn't realize just how fragged my diff was, because it drove fine for ~75 miles. 😁

Branford Ford, your lot monkey is not very nice. 🙄

Their valet didn't want to park my truck! 😆😅😂🤣

They have a Ferrari and a couple of Aston's in the showroom.

It's not a place for 'people like me'...even though I learned to drive stick at 12 in a damn Ferrari 330GT

.All I wanted was a pinion nut & crush collar, not an argument. 🤷‍♂️

I didn't realize just how fragged my diff was, because it drove fine for ~75 miles. 😁

Branford Ford, your lot monkey is not very nice. 🙄

I bet the lot attendant thought he couldn't drive it or didn't know how to drive manual. A few years back I went to the local Ford dealer for a new battery for my grand marquis, surprisingly the Motorcraft batteries straight from the dealer are a better deal around here than batteries from Oreilly's or Autozone by a fair amount. I bought one of those for my truck 9 years ago now and it's still working great also. I took my 4 door galaxie and parked it in the back where the service center is and all the other cars waiting for service. Man, everybody had the biggest what is that thing look on their face when I rolled in there with it. When I got in the car to leave, there was a mechanic in his 30's out back looking at a car, shoulda seen the look on his face through the rear-view mirror when I started it. I laughed all the way out of there. Kinda funny they reacted the way they did, because that dealer has had a model T out front for about 20 years and had a 57 thunderbird in the showroom since my dad worked down the street from that place since the 70's. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I bet the lot attendant thought he couldn't drive it or didn't know how to drive manual. A few years back I went to the local Ford dealer for a new battery for my grand marquis, surprisingly the Motorcraft batteries straight from the dealer are a better deal around here than batteries from Oreilly's or Autozone by a fair amount. I bought one of those for my truck 9 years ago now and it's still working great also. I took my 4 door galaxie and parked it in the back where the service center is and all the other cars waiting for service. Man, everybody had the biggest what is that thing look on their face when I rolled in there with it. When I got in the car to leave, there was a mechanic in his 30's out back looking at a car, shoulda seen the look on his face through the rear-view mirror when I started it. I laughed all the way out of there. Kinda funny they reacted the way they did, because that dealer has had a model T out front for about 20 years and had a 57 thunderbird in the showroom since my dad worked down the street from that place since the 70's. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

My reply went poof! 🤬

I went in to the parts counter and couldn't find anybody there

Rang the service bell and no one showed up...

I waltzed out into the showroom and started looking around.

A salesman came, and asked how he could help me

I asked him if everyone had gone to lunch.

He said he'd find somebody.

I went back to the parts counter, looked in the cashier's booth.

Went back out to the showroom,, and I hear the door swings shut

I go back to the parts counter

I know they have it, because I already looked it up on parts voice

Finally I meet the woman, and try to give her the part numbers

At first she's incredulous, said she's never heard numbers like that

I asked her to please just punch them into the system, and low and behold! 😂

Yeah, I'm that guy!

Anyhow, now I'm screwed

I need like $1,500 worth of parts

And I couldn't go to work if I wanted to because my truck doesn't drive. 😖

My reply went poof! 🤬

I went in to the parts counter and couldn't find anybody there

Rang the service bell and no one showed up...

I waltzed out into the showroom and started looking around.

A salesman came, and asked how he could help me

I asked him if everyone had gone to lunch.

He said he'd find somebody.

I went back to the parts counter, looked in the cashier's booth.

Went back out to the showroom,, and I hear the door swings shut

I go back to the parts counter

I know they have it, because I already looked it up on parts voice

Finally I meet the woman, and try to give her the part numbers

At first she's incredulous, said she's never heard numbers like that

I asked her to please just punch them into the system, and low and behold! 😂

Yeah, I'm that guy!

Anyhow, now I'm screwed

I need like $1,500 worth of parts

And I couldn't go to work if I wanted to because my truck doesn't drive. 😖

One time I was in there and asked if they still carried speedometer driven gears then gave the guy a C0AZ engineering number, dude about crapped himself with the facial expression he made :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig::nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: