Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

And thus, a gearhead was born!.... :nabble_anim_jump:

Kids these days don't leave the house.

Those that do are involved in some structured team activity.

None I know use their head to piece something together out of the scrap pile.

I grew up going to junkyards. frankly we were poor and in an odd way I am happier for it. if you wanted or needed something you had to find a way and make it work. I have driven my share of junk. and now I do it by choice. haha. the newer cars don't interest me even though the expedition is a nicer car. and my wife like the heated seats.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was hoping to install some new spring clamps from Billet 4x4 in Tulsa on the front of my truck today, but the weather isn't cooperating.☹️

One of my leaves has shifted and I think it catches on the rear boss going over bumps.

Either that or the shop that didn't do my clutch right back in March also didn't get the cross member tight. 😡

Another big nothingburger. 🙍‍♂️

Turned to sleet here at the shoreline and kept me from checking float heights or crawling under to smack the springs back into line.

Glaze ice everywhere and it's getting cold as the sun goes down.

This is going to be a FUN shift!

Another big nothingburger. 🙍‍♂️

Turned to sleet here at the shoreline and kept me from checking float heights or crawling under to smack the springs back into line.

Glaze ice everywhere and it's getting cold as the sun goes down.

This is going to be a FUN shift!

had the chance today to remove the carb and readjust. double checked the float setting and metering rod setting. found the metering rod still set a bit lean which may explain the weak throttle and low rpm knock that I have heard a couple times. got all reinstalled and re checked the idle air. all seems good so far and test drive should tell more. still trying to get better mpg on this one. so far not impressed. I get better from my v8s.

had the chance today to remove the carb and readjust. double checked the float setting and metering rod setting. found the metering rod still set a bit lean which may explain the weak throttle and low rpm knock that I have heard a couple times. got all reinstalled and re checked the idle air. all seems good so far and test drive should tell more. still trying to get better mpg on this one. so far not impressed. I get better from my v8s.

Nothing. The highs are in the 50s and that's not pleasant for somebody who was born, raised and still currently resides in Florida. :nabble_smiley_argh:

Nothing. The highs are in the 50s and that's not pleasant for somebody who was born, raised and still currently resides in Florida. :nabble_smiley_argh:

It's 15F with a 'feels like' of 5°...

I'm stuck in a truck until 8am.

Unless I get some stupid long haul.

Then I don't get back 'til whenever....

Laying in the snow and slush (it's mostly solid at these temps) to hook a car is NO FUN at all. 😒

I need the $, but this just sucks.

It's 15F with a 'feels like' of 5°...

I'm stuck in a truck until 8am.

Unless I get some stupid long haul.

Then I don't get back 'til whenever....

Laying in the snow and slush (it's mostly solid at these temps) to hook a car is NO FUN at all. 😒

I need the $, but this just sucks.

Well, it ain't in the 50's here either. 18F with a "feels like" of close to 0F. Tomorrow night the precip moves in and the question is what the temp will be when it hits. I've seen estimates of 2" of snow to 1/2" of ice, depending on timing.

But I don't have to be out in it, so my prayers and thoughts are for you that do. Please be careful!

Well, it ain't in the 50's here either. 18F with a "feels like" of close to 0F. Tomorrow night the precip moves in and the question is what the temp will be when it hits. I've seen estimates of 2" of snow to 1/2" of ice, depending on timing.

But I don't have to be out in it, so my prayers and thoughts are for you that do. Please be careful!

I do the best I can to offer service in a professional manner. :nabble_smiley_beam:

I realize these people are having a bad day (night?) but I've got to admit that when some idiot launches themselves into the woods I'm not always happy to deal with the carnage.

Sometimes I'd rather be slogging through brush than crawling on the side of a highway with semi's ripping past my head at 75.

I do the best I can to offer service in a professional manner. :nabble_smiley_beam:

I realize these people are having a bad day (night?) but I've got to admit that when some idiot launches themselves into the woods I'm not always happy to deal with the carnage.

Sometimes I'd rather be slogging through brush than crawling on the side of a highway with semi's ripping past my head at 75.

We had a lot of crappy cold weather last week. Last weekend I went to Portland, OR with my neighbor to look at and buy a car and drive it back for him. Had no idea what we were getting into, left home at 8 am here, 20 degrees and clear skies no wind. Get halfway there, starts snowing, roll into Portland at 10:30 am and it's 14 degrees feels like -5 with horrible wind and more snow by the hour. That was a crappy drive home, and the washer fluid was frozen the whole drive and I needed it badly. I also get to work outside in that, driving a crappy terminal tractor with a poor excuse of a heater. Not fun at all.

We had a lot of crappy cold weather last week. Last weekend I went to Portland, OR with my neighbor to look at and buy a car and drive it back for him. Had no idea what we were getting into, left home at 8 am here, 20 degrees and clear skies no wind. Get halfway there, starts snowing, roll into Portland at 10:30 am and it's 14 degrees feels like -5 with horrible wind and more snow by the hour. That was a crappy drive home, and the washer fluid was frozen the whole drive and I needed it badly. I also get to work outside in that, driving a crappy terminal tractor with a poor excuse of a heater. Not fun at all.

it was about twenty here yesterday morning, but it did get up to 29. about fifty in the garage with a small heater running. this makes working very nice actually so I cannot complain. not ideal for painting parts but the paint does get a bit more time to level out. haha. I am so ready for a warmup though. I prefer open air and hotter temps too. but I'm not working out in freezing rain and snow or in a ditch, so I have little to complain about.