Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

We're expecting snow coming in overnight and all day tomorrow, with temps dropping into the teens this week.

It's going to be busy, I can tell. 🙄

It will take a bit for you to get that 460 block up to temp.

Not as bad as the winter I had to be driving in -19°. (Jeff may be chuckling in Canuk)

I don't think the thermostat ever opened because the heater core was shedding heat so fast.

Yes, Jim, you will be busy. But please be careful!

And yes, it'll take a while to get things warmed up. It is supposed to go down to -2F tonight, but get up into the 20's tomorrow afternoon. I have a Bible lesson to prepare tomorrow for Wednesday, so maybe I can do that in the morning and try to warm the beast up in the afternoon.

Driving it would warm it up faster, but the roads are packed in the neighborhood and I don't want to take a bunch of snow into the shop to melt and cause a mess. So I'll just let it idle and see what happens.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, Jim, you will be busy. But please be careful!

And yes, it'll take a while to get things warmed up. It is supposed to go down to -2F tonight, but get up into the 20's tomorrow afternoon. I have a Bible lesson to prepare tomorrow for Wednesday, so maybe I can do that in the morning and try to warm the beast up in the afternoon.

Driving it would warm it up faster, but the roads are packed in the neighborhood and I don't want to take a bunch of snow into the shop to melt and cause a mess. So I'll just let it idle and see what happens.

Started snowing around midnight.

Things have been slow (which is both a blessing and a curse)

If a snow emergency is declared a lot of people parked on the street are going to wake up to their car gone.

Started snowing around midnight.

Things have been slow (which is both a blessing and a curse)

If a snow emergency is declared a lot of people parked on the street are going to wake up to their car gone.

I was hoping to install some new spring clamps from Billet 4x4 in Tulsa on the front of my truck today, but the weather isn't cooperating.☹️

One of my leaves has shifted and I think it catches on the rear boss going over bumps.

Either that or the shop that didn't do my clutch right back in March also didn't get the cross member tight. 😡

I was hoping to install some new spring clamps from Billet 4x4 in Tulsa on the front of my truck today, but the weather isn't cooperating.☹️

One of my leaves has shifted and I think it catches on the rear boss going over bumps.

Either that or the shop that didn't do my clutch right back in March also didn't get the cross member tight. 😡

Billet 4x4 is in Tulsa??? Right where we were the other day?

I'd heard of them, but never noticed the 918 area code. Doesn't look like they have a store per se, just a sales office. But I might call them and have a chat later today just to find out about them. Maybe they'd want to be involved in the show.

Anyway, hope you can get the clamps installed. Having a leaf catch can't be good, and having the cross member loose might be worse.

How much snow are you supposed to get?

Billet 4x4 is in Tulsa??? Right where we were the other day?

I'd heard of them, but never noticed the 918 area code. Doesn't look like they have a store per se, just a sales office. But I might call them and have a chat later today just to find out about them. Maybe they'd want to be involved in the show.

Anyway, hope you can get the clamps installed. Having a leaf catch can't be good, and having the cross member loose might be worse.

They could be good for some swag. :nabble_smiley_good:

I edited an ask to you about them in another thread, but I think you posted moments after my response.

I've got to say their shipping is on point!

And the straps/shoes look just what I wanted.

It's just been flurries so far (maybe 2") but supposed to get heavier as the day progresses.

They cancelled school! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Damn I remember back in the '70's when the governor shut the whole state down for three days and it wasn't until being told that bus drivers going to work would be arrested that the Superintendent decided to close the schools

They could be good for some swag. :nabble_smiley_good:

I edited an ask to you about them in another thread, but I think you posted moments after my response.

I've got to say their shipping is on point!

And the straps/shoes look just what I wanted.

Yes, it might. But I missed your edit. Do I need to go back and look?

I'm going to email them this morning and then call later today. I'll explain about the forum/website and include some info about Big Blue. Then I'll point out that you've ordered from them and let me know that you are pleased with both their shipping and their product. And that you mentioned that they are in Tulsa.

We shall see what transpires.

It's just been flurries so far (maybe 2") but supposed to get heavier as the day progresses.

They cancelled school! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Damn I remember back in the '70's when the governor shut the whole state down for three days and it wasn't until being told that bus drivers going to work would be arrested that the Superintendent decided to close the schools

I too remember waiting at the bus stop between snowbanks taller than us to block the wind. the bus drivers had to know the route well and we could hear them coming slowly in time to get visible. then we left new England for Nashville, and my first Christmas was 60f and we got sleds as usual. i quickly added wheels.:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Yes, it might. But I missed your edit. Do I need to go back and look?

I'm going to email them this morning and then call later today. I'll explain about the forum/website and include some info about Big Blue. Then I'll point out that you've ordered from them and let me know that you are pleased with both their shipping and their product. And that you mentioned that they are in Tulsa.

We shall see what transpires.

I just asked if you had used them (obviously not)

I too remember waiting at the bus stop between snowbanks taller than us to block the wind. the bus drivers had to know the route well and we could hear them coming slowly in time to get visible. then we left new England for Nashville, and my first Christmas was 60f and we got sleds as usual. i quickly added wheels.:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

And thus, a gearhead was born!.... :nabble_anim_jump:

Kids these days don't leave the house.

Those that do are involved in some structured team activity.

None I know use their head to piece something together out of the scrap pile.