Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Snow turned to drizzle around daybreak and now it's back to light snow.

Amazon says 12:45-3:45 but I expect delay because of road conditions.

I won't have daylight or time to get this done today, but hopefully parts in hand and this weather clears out tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_good:

since you had to order through amazon, any chance that you got two? it has gotten to the point that it seems I can order it myself or I can wait for the local parts store to order it. not much is in stock these days.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully you can get it fixed tomorrow - between storms.

(You have noted, I hope, that'd I've not said anything about the flaw in Holley carbs. :nabble_smiley_evil: Oh wait! I just did. :nabble_smiley_cry:)
Sun and 40's tomorrow, showers Tuesday and sun with mixed clouds and highs at 50 W, T, F...I'll take it for mid-January!Like I said, I last bought a Powervalve in spring 2011.Though I did experiment with the AVS 650 back when I installed these valve covers.It couldn't deliver enough on top.I let it run out of gas with a mechanical pump and as the fuel came back on the truck popped.I lost a big brittle vacuum cap and was hoping that would solve it.I DO think this carb was built after '91 so it should already have the check ball.I'll have to make sure when I pop the primary bowl off to change the PV.

since you had to order through amazon, any chance that you got two? it has gotten to the point that it seems I can order it myself or I can wait for the local parts store to order it. not much is in stock these days.

No. Actually I didn't. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Perhaps I should have.

Perhaps I should move somewhere that still has an old school hotrod shop?

There was Stamford Carburetor for :nabble_anim_confused: 75 years?

They shut their doors a decade ago.

But it's hard to find distributor caps, rotors, big round air filters.....

Used to be a Moroso by McDonald's and 7 other old time parts stores/machine shops.

It's all a thing of the past now.

Sun and 40's tomorrow, showers Tuesday and sun with mixed clouds and highs at 50 W, T, F...

I'll take it for mid-January!

Like I said, I last bought a Powervalve in spring 2011.

Though I did experiment with the AVS 650 back when I installed these valve covers.

It couldn't deliver enough on top.

I let it run out of gas with a mechanical pump and as the fuel came back on the truck popped.

I lost a big brittle vacuum cap and was hoping that would solve it.

I DO think this carb was built after '91 so it should already have the check ball.

I'll have to make sure when I pop the primary bowl off to change the PV.

I don't worry too much about "up top". The Eddy 600 I put on in place of the 750 had enough up there for me. But then, I'm a grandpa and sometimes drive like one. (However, there might have been a few people in the last 3250 miles that would disagree with that as they thought they were going to cut me off.)

I don't worry too much about "up top". The Eddy 600 I put on in place of the 750 had enough up there for me. But then, I'm a grandpa and sometimes drive like one. (However, there might have been a few people in the last 3250 miles that would disagree with that as they thought they were going to cut me off.)

I don't either, usually. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

But with 4.10's you're always running out of gear.

Around town it's much easier to hold a gear than be in 5th at 35.

When this truck was younger with the stock cam set straight up I got clocked at 127.

Granted I was on a long downhill grade in the middle of the night.

I replaced an extensively tuned 600 CFM 4 barrel for a 500 CFM 4 barrel I tuned for the engine and lost nothing up top and gained torque and response down low and that was on a high compression 390 with a bit of a cam in it and 3.70 gears.

I replaced an extensively tuned 600 CFM 4 barrel for a 500 CFM 4 barrel I tuned for the engine and lost nothing up top and gained torque and response down low and that was on a high compression 390 with a bit of a cam in it and 3.70 gears.

I guess I'm doing it wrong? :nabble_smiley_hurt:

What I did WITH Big Bro.

Wood shavings duty.

For the horses boxes.

We shovel bulk shavings in bags (at a friend's farm), and take it back to our barn.

4-5 times per year.

Looks like he handled it quite well. :nabble_anim_claps: