Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

David - Those are beautiful! However, according to the catalog they weren't offered in 1982 - 86. And while in 1980 they were offered on the E, F, & U vehicles, in 1981 they weren't offered on the U's.

But, in spite of what NumberDummy would say about the application mistake, I like them. :nabble_smiley_good:

Bill - I like yours also. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

David - Those are beautiful! However, according to the catalog they weren't offered in 1982 - 86. And while in 1980 they were offered on the E, F, & U vehicles, in 1981 they weren't offered on the U's.

But, in spite of what NumberDummy would say about the application mistake, I like them. :nabble_smiley_good:

Bill - I like yours also. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, those are not original until 1994, and they were a pretty pricey option then. Those are the ones Donnie Medlin at Pete's Towing gave me (Pete also said if I wanted them, tell Donnie he said to give them to me).

Gary, those are not original until 1994, and they were a pretty pricey option then. Those are the ones Donnie Medlin at Pete's Towing gave me (Pete also said if I wanted them, tell Donnie he said to give them to me).

I do remember the story. And they, as well as the aluminum ones I have for Dad's truck, and much too nice as well as too delicate for the overlanding I want to do in Big Blue. So, while they aren't pretty, I'm happy with the black steelies that are on it. And, they are wider than stock to handle the bigger tires.

I do remember the story. And they, as well as the aluminum ones I have for Dad's truck, and much too nice as well as too delicate for the overlanding I want to do in Big Blue. So, while they aren't pretty, I'm happy with the black steelies that are on it. And, they are wider than stock to handle the bigger tires.

Pretty, yes, delicate on mine, not hardly, these are the Alcoas and are roughly 1/2" thick and are rated for the truck's capacity. The 1996 owners manual only cautions about keeping a check on the pressures and cleaning them, no mention of decreased load capacity. The way the lawyers think, they probably increase it as they are lighter than steel rims.

Pretty, yes, delicate on mine, not hardly, these are the Alcoas and are roughly 1/2" thick and are rated for the truck's capacity. The 1996 owners manual only cautions about keeping a check on the pressures and cleaning them, no mention of decreased load capacity. The way the lawyers think, they probably increase it as they are lighter than steel rims.

I didn't really mean that they break easily. More that they scratch or ding easily - something I would NOT want to do with good looking wheels like that. Painted steelies would be easy to repaint, and much less expensive to replace.

I didn't really mean that they break easily. More that they scratch or ding easily - something I would NOT want to do with good looking wheels like that. Painted steelies would be easy to repaint, and much less expensive to replace.

20171125_161005.jpg.db92f6da7af4aff2278b53dc3abd6322.jpg

I would of loved to find a set of 15x8 steels to flatten the 10.5s out a bit but the wheels were free and even scored a bit of garage art! Played w the dog dish idea for a bit but I'm pleased how the aluminum wheels look and they fill the wells out nicely. Thanks for the compliments