Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I installed the Eddy dual feed fuel line and made a few adjustments. (You never know why you need rod bending pliers, but you do.... If you have an Edelbrock)

I got a grommet and a new breather filter.

Installed them, a new heat riser aluminum flex hose.

Did a little engine bay cleanup.

Fed the little red bitch $60 worth of premium and a couple of quarts of oil (the old valve covers were leaking badly)

Kicked the base timing up to 12° btdc.

Still have a bad tic, but after going all over the engine with my stethoscope I still can't find it.

Oops, missed this post. Did the timing change help? But you are still down on power? :nabble_smiley_oh:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which sticker? What do you recommend?

I don't know what kind of sticker, but it looks like it needs something.

Years back we had a dialog on FTE about fonts for Dad's aircleaner.

What style is appropriate for an '85?

What would have this lid looked like from the factory?

Beep beep, beep beep, his horn went beep beep beep.:nabble_smiley_happy:

One of my first girlfriends after I got out had a couple of Rambler's, a station wagon, and some other Nash in the weeds of her yard.

I got one driving around under its own power but I think her dad just wanted them as lawn ornaments.

Beep beep, beep beep, his horn went beep beep beep.:nabble_smiley_happy:

One of my first girlfriends after I got out had a couple of Rambler's, a station wagon, and some other Nash in the weeds of her yard.

I got one driving around under its own power but I think her dad just wanted them as lawn ornaments.

Oh, it needs something. And the discussion in a previous life was here. I don't know what a 7.5L/460 had on its air cleaner lid. The 5.8LHO had black lettering that looked like this:

IMG_0436.jpg.498dea9003b2f8de702558deda678fb0.jpg

You found that http://www.fonts.com/font/linotype/neue-helvetica/93-black-extended came pretty close to the font, and gave this result for Dad's 400:

IMG_0437.png.f46d7f11668a75ab5ce1923d59a832b1.png

So, would just changing that to 7.5L 4V H.O. be appropriate? Or, is using that scheme once, as I still plan to do on Dad's, enough? But might it make them brothers? Or should I stick on a standard Ford decal - like CobraJet? 😈

Oh, it needs something. And the discussion in a previous life was here. I don't know what a 7.5L/460 had on its air cleaner lid. The 5.8LHO had black lettering that looked like this:

You found that http://www.fonts.com/font/linotype/neue-helvetica/93-black-extended came pretty close to the font, and gave this result for Dad's 400:

So, would just changing that to 7.5L 4V H.O. be appropriate? Or, is using that scheme once, as I still plan to do on Dad's, enough? But might it make them brothers? Or should I stick on a standard Ford decal - like CobraJet? 😈

There's a few 460 aircleaner decals on eBay.

IMG_20170831_110620.thumb.jpg.4e35796a20c788a89fad3d12d7cdabab.jpg

I chose the PI version....

There's orange and black with checkered flags.

Black on white with a blue border.

And, and, and...

Well I didn't exactly do anything besides open a box, but it was an occasion nonetheless. My ceramic coated Mahale turbo pistons from R&D arrived in the mail along with the flanges for the DNE2 and total seal gapless ring set! The pistons are so pretty it's almost a shame to put them inside an engine where you will never see them... nah, that's the perfect place for them!

IMG_5403.jpg.1f1360b85aff0123962f2859598e0a16.jpg

IMG_5404.jpg.9dfd88d8b244b3566002431d59b3affc.jpg

...and back into the box they go. The gloves have come off and it's do or die to get the 1981 on the road. More on that later. I really need to put a new build thread together...

Well I didn't exactly do anything besides open a box, but it was an occasion nonetheless. My ceramic coated Mahale turbo pistons from R&D arrived in the mail along with the flanges for the DNE2 and total seal gapless ring set! The pistons are so pretty it's almost a shame to put them inside an engine where you will never see them... nah, that's the perfect place for them!

...and back into the box they go. The gloves have come off and it's do or die to get the 1981 on the road. More on that later. I really need to put a new build thread together...

Cool! They are pretty. Maybe next year you can bring them - in an engine, and providing power?

Hmmm, the text box is bigger than the screen. Have you noticed that? Do I need to reduce the image size from 95 to 90%? It looks like about 6 to 10 characters are off to the right.