Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HV is the designation for one with a choke pull off, V = vacuum. Rochester designates a basic design, such as B, H 2G, 4G, 4M etc where any number in front is the number of barrels, with one being understood. H is the Corvair carburetor, H being the basic or a manual choke. 1960 and 1961 carbs were H, 1960 had the central choke and 1961 manual chokes. HV is the style used with the choke thermostat underneath on the exhaust manifold. Yes, they are from a 1965 140 HP model. All the Corvair engines except the 180 hp turbo model used 2 HV carbs, 140 HP models used 2 additional H carbs that are like the end carbs on a tri-power 348, partial, no choke or idle circuit.

Got it. Thanks for the explanation.

Tri-power 348! Boy, that brings back memories. A buddy at college had one in a '60 with a Terribleglyde. Wouldn't even think of racing my '58 Belair w/a 348 topped by Will's 4 bbl and backed by a 3-speed manual. He drove mine and I drove his, and there was no contest. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Looks like Huck! So, what's the plan?

Just evaluating the possibilities.

89, 5.0, AOD, 2WD. Cab is pretty straight and rust free. Bought it because of that a few years back, but my son needs a driver more than I need a parts truck. Needs a lot of little things, but I have most on hand. Got it running, now it's time for all that neglected maintenance. Probably sitting at least 10 years.

Just evaluating the possibilities.

89, 5.0, AOD, 2WD. Cab is pretty straight and rust free. Bought it because of that a few years back, but my son needs a driver more than I need a parts truck. Needs a lot of little things, but I have most on hand. Got it running, now it's time for all that neglected maintenance. Probably sitting at least 10 years.

Good luck! My experience with vehicles that have been sitting hasn't been good.

Yes, good luck with it. One of the biggest problems is the Iowa corn farmers fuel we are forced to buy. Once it sits a while the ethanol absorbs enough water to make a nice corrosive mixture. The Chevstang I am trying to resurrect for the family sat with an almost full tank of that stuff. The tank is supposed to arrive back here later today. It was so full of rust in addition to the dead gas that it had to be cleaned and coated.

2018-01-20_08.jpg.e394c2730cd2c7266a8f91da8298b687.jpg

Not sure if this will work right but here you go. Snagged a set of later model wheels and wrapped them up w a set of 31x10.5 wranglers. Lost a little on the low end but way easier to roll down the highway.

Not sure if this will work right but here you go. Snagged a set of later model wheels and wrapped them up w a set of 31x10.5 wranglers. Lost a little on the low end but way easier to roll down the highway.

Those look good!

If I was closer, I'd make an offer to take the take-off's off your hands. I've been having a heck of time locally finding some decent condition OEM wheels for my truck to put on snow tires for a quick swap.

Nice work.

I'm a big fan of those aluminum wheels. :nabble_smiley_good: Not so much the stock hubcaps. :nabble_smiley_unhappy: