Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Front Fox shocks showed up, I ordered the wrong ones. I checked my notes and the shock I'd picked is not the one I'd ordered lol. Gonna send them back and I might just toss the remote ones on that I had earmarked for the blazer since it looks like they'll fit. Gotta make sure before I do that, I don't remember the lengths on that one.

Oops! :nabble_smiley_oh:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would love to read more details on how you sized up the fox shocks, I looked multiple times on their website and couldn’t work out what would fit on my Bronco.

I just looked at the extended and compressed lengths and matched them to what ours are. I'm not sure if the bronco uses the same length as the F250 though, you should have a lot more travel than I do. Front is around 14" to 9.5", rear is 16.5 to 25.5.

Once I have them all installed I'll make a reference post here about which ones can be made to fit our trucks, the only stop I ran into was changing the bushings on top and cutting (because I didn't want another trip to the store) the bottom ones.

You have followers! Can't wait for your conclusion!

:nabble_anim_claps:

It's not the 86 but got the Aerocab lights set up on the ranger 20230701_194540.jpg.def466bfd70eedc702384930b7a8a581.jpg

It's not the 86 but got the Aerocab lights set up on the ranger

Not the '86, but finally got the steering in the wife's expedition all figured out. After relaxing the steering rack, the new reman gear started pouring fluid out of the top. Simultaneously the string started binding. Replaced the rack a second time but the binding was still there. Replaced the steering shaft and found the upper u joint on the old shaft had one side that was completely seized up.

Not the '86, but finally got the steering in the wife's expedition all figured out. After relaxing the steering rack, the new reman gear started pouring fluid out of the top. Simultaneously the string started binding. Replaced the rack a second time but the binding was still there. Replaced the steering shaft and found the upper u joint on the old shaft had one side that was completely seized up.

I'm hoping to take Big Blue down to a family get together tomorrow so did some cleaning on him. And I was reminded that the center section of the rear bumper was looking rather tacky, as was the trailer hitch receiver. I touched the receiver up with black paint and then did some work on the center section:

Rear_Bumper_Before_Painting.thumb.jpg.06e3b1b0567a865f0ab7902d3f4c6089.jpgRear_Bumper_After_Painting.thumb.jpg.a1db047b61c84e2be3e180690877d876.jpg

I'm hoping to take Big Blue down to a family get together tomorrow so did some cleaning on him. And I was reminded that the center section of the rear bumper was looking rather tacky, as was the trailer hitch receiver. I touched the receiver up with black paint and then did some work on the center section:

Nice, what paint is that?

Really wishing I'd driven the truck today instead of the Q, got to work and there's 4 cars in the parking lot including security and we have all 3 weekend maintenance guys here too. One troubleshooter per operator is gonna make for a slow day, but I already told my boss I'm only doing 8 today and I think the other guys are gonna do the same. I finally tracked down some 80w90 diff oil and have a reusable gasket to put on, and I'd like to do it here where I have a parts washer handy. Also need to wire up the horns and change out the dash bulbs, and find why I lost all dash lighting including indicators. Probably a fuse though, I had one come out the other day and wasn't sure where it went.

Really wishing I'd driven the truck today instead of the Q, got to work and there's 4 cars in the parking lot including security and we have all 3 weekend maintenance guys here too. One troubleshooter per operator is gonna make for a slow day, but I already told my boss I'm only doing 8 today and I think the other guys are gonna do the same. I finally tracked down some 80w90 diff oil and have a reusable gasket to put on, and I'd like to do it here where I have a parts washer handy. Also need to wire up the horns and change out the dash bulbs, and find why I lost all dash lighting including indicators. Probably a fuse though, I had one come out the other day and wasn't sure where it went.

Just goes to show, great minds think alike.. Good job Gary.

3.jpg.c61241c6c14e974d91f4a5ccf50c9913.jpg