Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

So you have to properly orient the pic yourself before posting. I do it in a light version of Photoshop, but there are free apps that'll do it as well.

If you take pictures with an iPhone (maybe the same with other brands but can't confirm), no need for a Desktop software.

Here is the trick:

1-Directly in your iPhone's pictures library, Modify your picture, rotating it 90° and save the modifications.

2-Again, Modify this same picture, rotate it correctly upside and save the modifications.

Even if you feel to simply have reversed the first modification and went back to the original situation, some metadata were saved in the picture file itself.

It will now appear correctly when imported in the Forum.

Ok, testing that I understand what you are saying, Jeff. This pic was taken upside down on purpose. And when I initially previewed it here it was sideways. Then I rotated it on my phone and rotated it back. And now it is straight! :nabble_anim_claps:

I will have to caution that once the forum has uploaded a file it doesn't normally appear to re-upload it even if you modify it and try to upload. So the trick there is to rename the file. But in this case it seems to have worked. :nabble_anim_confused:

IMG_5110.thumb.jpeg.2a52442a1c76a9b5c6d123fb37dfe56e.jpeg

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, testing that I understand what you are saying, Jeff. This pic was taken upside down on purpose. And when I initially previewed it here it was sideways. Then I rotated it on my phone and rotated it back. And now it is straight! :nabble_anim_claps:

I will have to caution that once the forum has uploaded a file it doesn't normally appear to re-upload it even if you modify it and try to upload. So the trick there is to rename the file. But in this case it seems to have worked. :nabble_anim_confused:

So theoretically this should post right side up then.

Screenshot_20230627_053713_Gallery.jpg.0557714ca5847822dedf545448102e10.jpg

I just took a screenshot of the pic and posted that. We have come a long way from having to drop film off at the pharmacy haven't we?

I will have to caution that once the forum has uploaded a file it doesn't normally appear to re-upload it even if you modify it and try to upload. So the trick there is to rename the file.

Gary, when I mistakenly upload an upside-down pict on the Forum, I don't have to rename it.

I simply:

1-Modify my pict directly on my phone (the rotate trick)

2-Edit my post:

a)Delete the upside-down inserted one

b)Insert the newly modified "rotated" version (no renaming required).

It works all the time. The forum doesn't bother with the "same name" file, it just show it correctly after the new insertion.

But we have to delete-reinsert the pict, the Forum does not "refresh" the rotation automatically.

I just took a screenshot of the pic and posted that. We have come a long way from having to drop film off at the pharmacy haven't we?

Absolutely!

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/laughing-25-x-25_orig.gif

And you're right about the iPhone's screenshots:

They do not suffer the upside-down issue, the Forum always display them correctly oriented, no matter about the 3 ways you hold your iPhone when taking the screenshot (horizontal left, vertical or horizontal right. No screenshot allowed if you try while the iPhone is pointing down).

AF103803-897A-4A2A-B60D-C00ED9C8AD6D.png.5a905c0f0dd148bbd33cc7ef458f2301.png

34A24B2D-12F5-456C-A84B-7861DAF0C422.png.f5c433c6b21dec1e8656a6f7735babde.png

3B744E47-8992-4F8F-BB51-CE7CDF827051.png.90096eb255c15c1f579dc23048852386.png

Absolutely!

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

They do not suffer the upside-down issue, the Forum always display them correctly oriented, no matter about the 3 ways you hold your iPhone when taking the screenshot (horizontal left, vertical or horizontal right. No screenshot allowed if you try while the iPhone is pointing down).

Well, at 76 I can honestly say I'm an old man. And I spend some time on the forum, so I guess that's an apt name.

And I'm glad to know that you don't have to rename files. :nabble_smiley_good:

Absolutely!

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Yeah I figured a screenshot would do that, as it's setting the orientation to the device. Android has so many settings, I can probably adjust it however I want.

Wife rode in the truck again, it's maybe the third time in years. I don't think I've ever opened it up with her in it and I know she hasn't heard anything with an intake that loud. Only ran it up to 3k or so and that was enough for her to not want anything to do with it lol