Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Headlights and wiring harness are probably going to take a slight backseay in my truck for now so I can focus on getting it running and driving.

Got a couple more hours on it today. All vacuum lines and heater hoses are done, belts are tight, everything under the hood for the cruise control is done, replaced the door speakers, and started pulling the carpet. After nearly 40 years I'm surprised at how well it is still stuck to the floor. Need to get the motor to TDC on cylinder one, finish interior, finish exhaust, wire in aftermarket oil pressure and water temp sensors, mount radiator and hoses, prime oil system, install distributor, finish intake and fire it up. Sounds so easy on paper.

Also didn't know I probably should've primed clutch cylinder on the bench so might be removing it to get it primed.

Scbill - That's pretty much how I did it. Plug & play w/o cutting any wires.

Fords4life - Looking good!!! Hope everything goes well on the startup. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

My experience on the clutch is that you can't get all the air out with the linkage on the truck. Bled and bled and bled and still couldn't. The guys on here suggested I drive it, and sure enough the bouncing of the truck and movement of the pedal finally did it.

But off the truck you might be able to hang it up, tap on it to cause the bubbles to rise, and bleed. Tap & bleed, tap & bleed. That might work.

You might be able to do it in the truck but you'd probably have to slide under to do the tapping bunches of times.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scbill - That's pretty much how I did it. Plug & play w/o cutting any wires.

Fords4life - Looking good!!! Hope everything goes well on the startup. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

My experience on the clutch is that you can't get all the air out with the linkage on the truck. Bled and bled and bled and still couldn't. The guys on here suggested I drive it, and sure enough the bouncing of the truck and movement of the pedal finally did it.

But off the truck you might be able to hang it up, tap on it to cause the bubbles to rise, and bleed. Tap & bleed, tap & bleed. That might work.

You might be able to do it in the truck but you'd probably have to slide under to do the tapping bunches of times.

Not so much what I have done, more what my neighbor is doing. They are borrowing the dually to tow a horse trailer.. sick pony needs to go to the vet.

This is the first time I have lent a truck out, why am I so nervous!?

Not so much what I have done, more what my neighbor is doing. They are borrowing the dually to tow a horse trailer.. sick pony needs to go to the vet.

:nabble_smiley_oh: I DO understand! I've loaned my 2015 out, but haven't loaned Big Blue out. Not saying I wouldn't, but haven't as the need hasn't happened. Guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Years ago I was in a relationship with a girl who worked at the same place I do. One day, she thought it would be cute if we rode together in my truck. It was cute until she was sent home after an hour due to low productivity, and I had no choice but to hand over my keys so she could get home (luckily she knew how to drive a manual). I had never let anybody else drive my truck without me, especially someone I had only known for maybe two months. I was NERVOUS. She picked me up when my shift ended and the tank was full, so everything worked out thankfully. But I really don't know if I want to do that again.

Props to you for helping a neighbor in need though!

Years ago I was in a relationship with a girl who worked at the same place I do. One day, she thought it would be cute if we rode together in my truck. It was cute until she was sent home after an hour due to low productivity, and I had no choice but to hand over my keys so she could get home (luckily she knew how to drive a manual). I had never let anybody else drive my truck without me, especially someone I had only known for maybe two months. I was NERVOUS. She picked me up when my shift ended and the tank was full, so everything worked out thankfully. But I really don't know if I want to do that again.

Props to you for helping a neighbor in need though!

Only had a few minutes in the truck tonight so not much to report. I did get the steering rack finished on the wife's Expedition though. Needs an alignment but definitely drivable until I can get it in.

Any recommendations for removing the old glue from the carpet?

Only had a few minutes in the truck tonight so not much to report. I did get the steering rack finished on the wife's Expedition though. Needs an alignment but definitely drivable until I can get it in.

Any recommendations for removing the old glue from the carpet?

Another good day working on the truck. Got the radiator/fan/fan shroud mounted and plumbed, installed Kilmat in the cab floor and doors, got both in-tank fuel pumps replaced along with the vent lines and filler hoses. Exhaust is in place, just have to figure out the hangers.

Still can't find the mounting bracket for the EEC.

PXL_20230610_231225281.jpg.a82565322142ce4ce9e51f5aa64f955f.jpg

Another good day working on the truck. Got the radiator/fan/fan shroud mounted and plumbed, installed Kilmat in the cab floor and doors, got both in-tank fuel pumps replaced along with the vent lines and filler hoses. Exhaust is in place, just have to figure out the hangers.

Still can't find the mounting bracket for the EEC.

It does sound like a good day. Progress is good, and you had a lot of it.

As for the tab on the bracket, I wish I had better pictures. But you can see what I have in this and later posts. Hope that helps.

As for the tab on the bracket, I wish I had better pictures. But you can see what I have in this and later posts. Hope that helps.

Thanks Gary! Looks like it's more of a Z shape than the L shape I was thinking. That helps a lot. I'll try to get one fabbed up next weekend.

Thanks Gary! Looks like it's more of a Z shape than the L shape I was thinking. That helps a lot. I'll try to get one fabbed up next weekend.

:nabble_smiley_good: