Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Espy went topless today and the fleet got a quick clean!

Never realized your fleet was all Bullnoses!

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Yes, and he has a really NICE fleet! :nabble_anim_claps:

Yep, all Bullnoses!!

My friends call that area “the used car lot” 😂

I had another 86 F350, but I traded it with a friend for some work he did for me.

He is having a great time working on it, gonna use it as a wood truck.

I have been helping him with it.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which signal housings are those?

47-4309 off LMC Truck.

Drove the truck to work today and on the interstate it just started losing power, dropped down to 40 by the time I got to the exit. Stopped at the light and it idled fine, then had no issues with it the rest of the way to work even doing some hard pulls. Just a weird 40 year old truck thing I reckon.

Which signal housings are those?

47-4309 off LMC Truck.

Drove the truck to work today and on the interstate it just started losing power, dropped down to 40 by the time I got to the exit. Stopped at the light and it idled fine, then had no issues with it the rest of the way to work even doing some hard pulls. Just a weird 40 year old truck thing I reckon.

Thank you! I wonder if their headlight housings are as good of quality.

If you want standard looking halogen housings, these are the gold standard.

LED upgrade while still looking close to stock, I recommend and personally run these. Note that those are priced each, and they aren't heated so if snow is a concern there's other options.

Thanks. I had not seen those Vision X housings. LEDs definitely aren't in the budget....

Thanks. I had not seen those Vision X housings. LEDs definitely aren't in the budget....

They're definitely spendy, but cheap led's are worse than halogens. If it looks like a harbor freight flashlight, stay away. The vision x housings, being reflectors, are only designed for halogens. You can run a drop in led but it has to be a very high quality one like morimoto, and those are near $100 each as well.

I wonder if their headlight housings are as good of quality.

Are you talking about these parts?

F70CE426-2512-4386-8300-30175BB6E0AB.jpeg.cf0e8fd5954bb1e3c7a7a5d51455cec7.jpeg

If so, I suggest that you find a well preserved kit in a salvage yard or from eBay.

LMC ones are very cheap (thin metal gauge, badly formed).

I bought some LMC's but had to go eBay NOS way to replace them.

I wonder if their headlight housings are as good of quality.

Are you talking about these parts?

If so, I suggest that you find a well preserved kit in a salvage yard or from eBay.

LMC ones are very cheap (thin metal gauge, badly formed).

I bought some LMC's but had to go eBay NOS way to replace them.

No, I'm talking about the bulb assembly and replacing the sealed beams with halogen conversion lenses. Good to know on the other parts though.

My Dodge isn't supposed to be a project vehicle. It's supposed to be a truck to use while my F-250 is a project vehicle. I don't expect to actually start on the F-250 until at least late this summer. But in the mean time I need to do enough to the Dodge to let me use it.

The first step was getting the cross-bed tool box out and putting a topper on it. We put the dogs (in their kennels) in the back when we go to the lake. I need a topper with side windows that open for ventilation for that. A local company sells used toppers, so I was able to not pay for a new topper, but I wasn't able to pick my color. Still, I think I did OK. It's in good shape, has the required screened windows. And the silver isn't a bad complement to the dark gray (in fact, it was the color Lesley would have chosen).

I think the remaining list is a rubber bed mat (so stuff doesn't slide around, the spray-in bedliner it has is SLIPPERY) and wiring to the topper (at least power for the electric cooler we use when going to the lake, and I should hook up the third brake light). A "maybe" on the list is a front receiver. I definitely need one, but I need to decide if the one on the Bronco is good enough. It would mean needing to bring the Bronco to the lake when it's time to put the boats in or take them out. But it might be worth it to not have to put a front receiver on the Dodge.

(continuing the Dodge's saga)

Well, I THOUGHT this truck would be good for towing... I towed my Bronco behind my '07 Dodge 2500 diesel to my folks cabin on Friday. About 50 miles into an 80 mile trip the engine temp gauge started climbing. I tried to take it easy and it started dropping. But then I had to accelerate pretty hard once and soon after the check engine light came on and it went into a limp mode where it shifted really late and pretty hard, and wouldn't go above 4th gear (6 speed trans). So I limped the last 10 miles or so to get to the cabin.

I picked up another code reader (since mine was at home) and found a P0700 and a P0871 set, both trans-related. I cleared the codes and drove it around for the weekend with no problems, so today I decided to tow the Bronco home with it. My option would've been to leave the Dodge at the cabin and drive Oswald home, but that would've left the Dodge where I really couldn't do anything with it, and I had taken the insurance off Oswald, who didn't have any gas anyway. So with the Dodge seeming to work I drove it.

But the engine temp gauge ran high immediately. Staying in 5th kept it around 200°, but then with about 50 miles to go it went into limp mode again (no check engine light this time though). And with 30 miles to go the trans temp warning light came on (although the engine temp gauge was back down to 190° by then).

I still limped it the rest of the way home. The light went off a little before we got home. I'm not going to mess with it myself, so I'll be making an appointment for it as soon as I can :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Well, I THOUGHT this truck would be good for towing... I towed my Bronco behind my '07 Dodge 2500 diesel to my folks cabin on Friday. About 50 miles into an 80 mile trip the engine temp gauge started climbing. I tried to take it easy and it started dropping. But then I had to accelerate pretty hard once and soon after the check engine light came on and it went into a limp mode where it shifted really late and pretty hard, and wouldn't go above 4th gear (6 speed trans). So I limped the last 10 miles or so to get to the cabin.

I picked up another code reader (since mine was at home) and found a P0700 and a P0871 set, both trans-related. I cleared the codes and drove it around for the weekend with no problems, so today I decided to tow the Bronco home with it. My option would've been to leave the Dodge at the cabin and drive Oswald home, but that would've left the Dodge where I really couldn't do anything with it, and I had taken the insurance off Oswald, who didn't have any gas anyway. So with the Dodge seeming to work I drove it.

But the engine temp gauge ran high immediately. Staying in 5th kept it around 200°, but then with about 50 miles to go it went into limp mode again (no check engine light this time though). And with 30 miles to go the trans temp warning light came on (although the engine temp gauge was back down to 190° by then).

I still limped it the rest of the way home. The light went off a little before we got home. I'm not going to mess with it myself, so I'll be making an appointment for it as soon as I can :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Bummer!!! Sorry about that. Might it be a cooling system problem, letting the temp get high enough to heat the tranny?