Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

they will fit. they have slightly different lines, and the vent windows are different, but they will fit the cab.

The very bottom line is barely noticeable, but I don't notice it at all when I look at pictures of 95-97 trucks so I won't notice it on this truck either. I'm not sure what I will do with the vent windows, as I have 1980-1986 vent windows and door glass, but I don't think they're in the best shape. I haven't looked at the aeronose ones very close, but if they're in better shape, there's no point in swapping them out. I'm not worried about how it looks on this farm truck that's taking forever to build.

the different lines are barely noticeable. I have pointed them out to a few ford owners who had never even noticed them before. I have doors from a 95 on my 93. the 95 has that little line 1" up from the bottom that fades in and out and never exceeds the door. the 93 never had it.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the different lines are barely noticeable. I have pointed them out to a few ford owners who had never even noticed them before. I have doors from a 95 on my 93. the 95 has that little line 1" up from the bottom that fades in and out and never exceeds the door. the 93 never had it.

today I brought my f100 home from the shop. trailered as I have not completed the safety check yet. but I did test it around the lot and drove it onto the trailer. runs great, new clutch and replacement trans work great. I just ordered pads, hoses, belt, shocks and window weatherstrip. while I wait on those, I will repaint the wheels and a few small bits and get started on getting the proper hood installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a replacement R/S inner fender splash shield from a salvage yard. Finished removing the dash this past weekend.

Not what I've done to my truck today, but I finally got my flywheel+clutch replaced. (I no longer have any kind of hard surface to work on)

The clutch seemed fine, but no point in going that far and not replacing it.

This has been a thorn in my side since I replaced the BW T19 with a Zf-5 12 years ago in 2011!

All new Luk parts and a new Delco PMGR starter. (Wish me Luk! 😉)

Not what I've done to my truck today, but I finally got my flywheel+clutch replaced. (I no longer have any kind of hard surface to work on)

The clutch seemed fine, but no point in going that far and not replacing it.

This has been a thorn in my side since I replaced the BW T19 with a Zf-5 12 years ago in 2011!

All new Luk parts and a new Delco PMGR starter. (Wish me Luk! 😉)

LOL! Good Luk! I'll bet it works quite well. PROGRESS! :nabble_smiley_super:

LOL! Good Luk! I'll bet it works quite well. PROGRESS! :nabble_smiley_super:

Yes, it's Goooood

But not great! :nabble_smiley_angry:

I had major problems with workmanship, and had to return twice. (well, I actually didn't even get to leave the first time)

I went back the next morning to meet the owner when he arrived, and document the issues.

In the end I got what I paid for, and can't fault him because he stood up and made sure it was right.

(I now have 5 used starters! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:)

Yes, it's Goooood

But not great! :nabble_smiley_angry:

I had major problems with workmanship, and had to return twice. (well, I actually didn't even get to leave the first time)

I went back the next morning to meet the owner when he arrived, and document the issues.

In the end I got what I paid for, and can't fault him because he stood up and made sure it was right.

(I now have 5 used starters! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:)

5 used starters from this "repair"? Or over the last 12 years?

Anyway, glad that he stood behind the work. :nabble_smiley_good:

today I brought my f100 home from the shop. trailered as I have not completed the safety check yet. but I did test it around the lot and drove it onto the trailer. runs great, new clutch and replacement trans work great. I just ordered pads, hoses, belt, shocks and window weatherstrip. while I wait on those, I will repaint the wheels and a few small bits and get started on getting the proper hood installed.

at this point I have driven the v6 f100 about 100 miles. 25 at least on the highway but due to feeling a wheel balance issue I drove country roads home from the shop. surprised at how well the overdrive works with a 2.79 axle. no power to speak of but very drivable and carries od well even on slow roads. downshifting is minimal and I was certainly expecting to do more. I guess the most noticeable thing was the weight. officially listed as 3064lbs. and far less than I'm used to. my flareside crosses the scale with me in it at 4k. more with full tanks. I'm still narrowing in on speed correction and once I do, I will verify mileage. then fill it up and start mpg test. honestly I'm hoping to get mpg of an economy ranger but still be driving a bullnose. this remains unproven but hey, why not try? I would love to be able to report mpg same as ford advertised in 80-82 but I'm not holding my breath.

5 used starters from this "repair"? Or over the last 12 years?

Anyway, glad that he stood behind the work. :nabble_smiley_good:

Over time... (not nearly ALL the starters I've been through)

The teeth on the ring gear have been getting worse and destroyed more and more starters.

A couple of them I've repaired by replacing the nose bearing and throw out gear.

Over time... (not nearly ALL the starters I've been through)

The teeth on the ring gear have been getting worse and destroyed more and more starters.

A couple of them I've repaired by replacing the nose bearing and throw out gear.

Mat - I'm curious how well it'll do for MPG. But those are really tall gears and that engine doesn't have much torque, so it is surprising that it'll carry OD at all. :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim - You've been nursing that thing for a long, long time. Glad you finally got it fixed. :nabble_smiley_wink: