Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I believe you can find this at lmc for a reasonable price if you want it to be chrome again. aside from that it may be worth taking out and stripping the failed chrome off and coating it like the rest of the gasket.

Reading the instructions at Documentation/Body/Stationary Glass - Weatherstrip Seal I see that the "moulding" is installed in the weatherstrip before the window is installed on the truck. And that there's a "cover" that goes at the bottom center where the ends come together. But since the window is installed and the toolbox makes access to the cover very difficult I decided not to try to take the moulding out.

But the chrome is/was Mylar and it had become brittle. So with a small screwdriver I broke it out/off back under the weatherstrip. And then I used a small stainless steel brush carrying Back To Black on it to work the residue out/off. Then finally I used the Nylon brush with B2B on it to work more of the coating in.

It isn't as good as removing the window and then the moulding, but it was a lot easier and looks a bunch better than it did originally. So now I'm going to work on the roof and then the tailgate. :nabble_smiley_super:

Rear_Window_Seal_-_Gross.thumb.jpg.0cb51dd9483ad8f915f8248671738aa6.jpgRear_Window_Seat_B2Bd.thumb.jpg.1635fc2b98a37987134e61bb19b3e318.jpg

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe you can find this at lmc for a reasonable price if you want it to be chrome again. aside from that it may be worth taking out and stripping the failed chrome off and coating it like the rest of the gasket.

Is the fitment from LMC any good? Mine is chunked out pretty bad... the chrome is dull but still there on the sections that didn't disappear.

Is the fitment from LMC any good? Mine is chunked out pretty bad... the chrome is dull but still there on the sections that didn't disappear.

I don't know, but I'd bet you'd get the same thing from any of the vendors as there appear to be only a few manufacturers of things like that for these trucks.

As for what I did, everything on Big Blue is now polished/buffed/waxed, including the bumpers. And all of the rubber trim is Back To Black'd, which does a pretty good job in my opinion.

So tomorrow morning I'll clean the windows, vacuum the interior, B2B the tires, and get the wax out of the badges. Then I'll back it out for pics and let it idle and warm up. Next I'll put it on the lift and change the oil and filter.

And, while it is on the lift I'll see if I can "adjust" the rear bumper. I'd noticed it before, but today while cleaning and waxing it I was reminded that it angles down to the rear.

I don't know, but I'd bet you'd get the same thing from any of the vendors as there appear to be only a few manufacturers of things like that for these trucks.

As for what I did, everything on Big Blue is now polished/buffed/waxed, including the bumpers. And all of the rubber trim is Back To Black'd, which does a pretty good job in my opinion.

So tomorrow morning I'll clean the windows, vacuum the interior, B2B the tires, and get the wax out of the badges. Then I'll back it out for pics and let it idle and warm up. Next I'll put it on the lift and change the oil and filter.

And, while it is on the lift I'll see if I can "adjust" the rear bumper. I'd noticed it before, but today while cleaning and waxing it I was reminded that it angles down to the rear.

that does look a whole lot better. looking forward to seeing the whole truck. the only problem with detailing is the fear of getting it dirty again. I used to spend hours cleaning my Goldwing after a trip. but the trips were always worth it.:nabble_smiley_happy:

that does look a whole lot better. looking forward to seeing the whole truck. the only problem with detailing is the fear of getting it dirty again. I used to spend hours cleaning my Goldwing after a trip. but the trips were always worth it.:nabble_smiley_happy:

Thanks, Matt. As for the fear of getting it dirty again, Janey mentioned that today. But my response was that it'll now be far easier to get back to this state. It hasn't looked this good since I got the truck and the big reason for that was the faded dark blue. I can't say it is perfect, but it is far better than it has been for a long time.

And I agree, the trip will be worth it! Two weeks from today BB will be on a trail in NM.

As for the fear of getting it dirty again, Janey mentioned that today.

Thinking about your next journey, I suppose we were a few here (if not several of us) sharing the same thoughts with Janey...

:nabble_smiley_evil:

If we were going on the Ozark Overland Adventure Trail I wouldn't have bothered. The reason is that I was assured we'd get new "pinstripes" on the paint, and the multiple fords/day would ensure the truck was filthy.

But the New Mexico trip will have 600 miles of super slab on the way, so the worst might be rain and bugs. And the "trails" are actually numbered roads through forests. But, the weatherman just showed that OK and NM will have higher than normal temps for the next two weeks, so any snow is going to melt and we may find mud. However, NM is a very arid region and it won't be as bad as AR.

In any event, I wanted my son to see the truck in its best condition. :nabble_smiley_evil:

In any event, I wanted my son to see the truck in its best condition. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Ok, now I see!

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I remember the days of getting home with gallons of mud stacked on the roof and falling out of the wheel wells of bubba. i have not always taken good care of that truck. it survived my youth and now has earned the care it gets today.:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I remember the days of getting home with gallons of mud stacked on the roof and falling out of the wheel wells of bubba. i have not always taken good care of that truck. it survived my youth and now has earned the care it gets today.:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

A little something landed in the bed of my Ranger this afternoon.

Rust free doors from a 1995-1997.:nabble_smiley_cool:

(These supposedly don't fit 1980-1986 trucks, but my truck is a 1990 so they'll fit.)

They're not perfect and I'll have to fix some things, but they came fully loaded and there's some parts I won't need and can resell to the Aeronose guys to recoup some of the Benjamin I traded for these.

341019953_753660963074037_2072682579230763931_n.thumb.jpg.3dffaf8b2fbb2a3db5a480e49325ae70.jpg