Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Painted my air cleaner housing yesterday and bolted the snorkel to the housing today. Still waiting on my air cleaner decal and filter element to show up and I'll put it on the truck. I think it turned out pretty good.

That looks sharp! :nabble_smiley_good:

My 460 came the other way around, with a silver can and black lid.

What sticker did you get?

I'm wearing the 460+4V Regular Fuel (PI) decal

IMG_20230302_162152_HDR.jpg.035c83ed482ba43d0af92615053be3cd.jpg

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks sharp! :nabble_smiley_good:

My 460 came the other way around, with a silver can and black lid.

What sticker did you get?

I'm wearing the 460+4V Regular Fuel (PI) decal

I ordered this one. My truck did not have an air cleaner housing at all when I bought it, so I don't know for sure what it came with factory but all the 5.8 4V HO air cleaners I have seen online have this one, so I ordered it.

s-l1600_(1).jpg.ca9e27a1d5b83edb4dec2498c86599fb.jpg

I ordered this one. My truck did not have an air cleaner housing at all when I bought it, so I don't know for sure what it came with factory but all the 5.8 4V HO air cleaners I have seen online have this one, so I ordered it.

That will look nice. 👍

I remember trying to find that typeface when Gary was looking to put a dual snorkel air cleaner on his Dad's Truck.

That will look nice. 👍

I remember trying to find that typeface when Gary was looking to put a dual snorkel air cleaner on his Dad's Truck.

Do you have any sort of rubber sealing washer under the wingnut? my air cleaner housing came with a steel backed rubber washer for the wingnut, but it's pretty smashed out and am looking for a replacement. If it keeps my engine from filling up with 5 gallons of rainwater overnight like that time, I redid the cowl seam sealer and had the tarp wind up acting as a funnel right to the air cleaner lid I'll buy one. I'll never make that mistake again.

Do you have any sort of rubber sealing washer under the wingnut? my air cleaner housing came with a steel backed rubber washer for the wingnut, but it's pretty smashed out and am looking for a replacement. If it keeps my engine from filling up with 5 gallons of rainwater overnight like that time, I redid the cowl seam sealer and had the tarp wind up acting as a funnel right to the air cleaner lid I'll buy one. I'll never make that mistake again.

I just have a neoprene washer from the hardware store.

I suppose I could glue to something stronger...

Bummer!

You're trying to do the right thing and it ends up causing problems.. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

The air cleaner looks good. :nabble_smiley_good:

But do you have a good seal between the hood and cowl? If not look at the page at Documentation/Underhood/Cowl Seal.

The air cleaner looks good. :nabble_smiley_good:

But do you have a good seal between the hood and cowl? If not look at the page at Documentation/Underhood/Cowl Seal.

Yeah, cowl seal is good. Years ago, when I did the cowl seam sealer, I covered the cab of the truck with a tarp and ran it under the hood and closed the hood for the night. About an hour later we had the rainstorm of the century and the next morning when I went to drive the truck, I took the tarp off and went to start it to find out it didn't turn over. All 8 cylinders were totally full of water and I drained about 2 gallons of water out of the crankcase before I even saw any oil. Whoops. I'm lucky I didn't bend a connecting rod as it cranked over a tad then stopped.

Yeah, cowl seal is good. Years ago, when I did the cowl seam sealer, I covered the cab of the truck with a tarp and ran it under the hood and closed the hood for the night. About an hour later we had the rainstorm of the century and the next morning when I went to drive the truck, I took the tarp off and went to start it to find out it didn't turn over. All 8 cylinders were totally full of water and I drained about 2 gallons of water out of the crankcase before I even saw any oil. Whoops. I'm lucky I didn't bend a connecting rod as it cranked over a tad then stopped.

Ok, glad the cowl seal is good and glad you got the water out without hurting anything.