Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You might have trouble getting the epoxy adhere to the plastic, so I'd do a test and see if it acts like it'll work. If not you might want to use 655-8 G/flex Epoxy Adhesive. It seems to adhere to most plastics if you follow the directions.

Thanks for the replies, I remember using J-B weld for some plastic interior panels that worked good, may have a little still around if I can find it...update later.

It‘s this time of the year again … doing logs in the forest. My little truck being a big helper. Enjoying it so much

All the best from Germany

Hello, Jochen! Good to hear from you. :nabble_anim_handshake:

That looks like WORK! But we have a saying that you are warmed three times: cutting the wood; splitting the wood; and burning the wood.

Hello, Jochen! Good to hear from you. :nabble_anim_handshake:

That looks like WORK! But we have a saying that you are warmed three times: cutting the wood; splitting the wood; and burning the wood.

Problem solved, if all else fails, %$#@& it, on all four sides.

tank.jpg.4da1a56f9c8cfc93cf94cb68324c57ea.jpg

That's not a bad fix for a daily driver truck. Good Job! :nabble_anim_claps:

Well, I had a really good day today. First, I adjusted the rear brakes on Big Blue and fixed a problem I've had where the steering wheel turned right a bit when you hit the brakes. As explained in Big Blue's Transformation.

And I got my new BlueTooth OBD-II dongle in and it works a treat, as explained in OBD-II Scanner, Dongle, & App Thoughts.

Last, it has been 3 months since I coated the steering wheel with the Cerakoat that Deren gave me, and the steering wheel is still well and truly coated. Thanks again, Deren! :nabble_anim_jump:

Well, I had a really good day today. First, I adjusted the rear brakes on Big Blue and fixed a problem I've had where the steering wheel turned right a bit when you hit the brakes. As explained in Big Blue's Transformation.

And I got my new BlueTooth OBD-II dongle in and it works a treat, as explained in OBD-II Scanner, Dongle, & App Thoughts.

Last, it has been 3 months since I coated the steering wheel with the Cerakoat that Deren gave me, and the steering wheel is still well and truly coated. Thanks again, Deren! :nabble_anim_jump:

Had these wheels from my parts truck sitting in the yard with 2012 tires on them. I haven't done anything with them because I didn't want to pay the $60 in dismount fees.

I stumbled upon a YouTube video showing how to break the bead of a tire using ratchet straps and a floor jack. I wouldn't use this method on a daily driver's tires, but on these 10 year old junk tires, it worked perfect.

The wheels currently on my F350 are heavily corroded, so these will eventually make it onto my truck whenever I want that old white steelie look.

20230214_203001.jpg.60c5b758ad7801ab3272b481e23d9983.jpg

Had these wheels from my parts truck sitting in the yard with 2012 tires on them. I haven't done anything with them because I didn't want to pay the $60 in dismount fees.

I stumbled upon a YouTube video showing how to break the bead of a tire using ratchet straps and a floor jack. I wouldn't use this method on a daily driver's tires, but on these 10 year old junk tires, it worked perfect.

The wheels currently on my F350 are heavily corroded, so these will eventually make it onto my truck whenever I want that old white steelie look.

I've used that method to dismount some tires. But I've also run into tires so old and hard I couldn't get them off that way and had to use a sawsall.

I've used that method to dismount some tires. But I've also run into tires so old and hard I couldn't get them off that way and had to use a sawsall.

Saw this method in a 1948 Desoto manual, it works pretty good.

As you can see, that was a fairly crusty rim.

That was when you had to do your own repair on the side of the road.

jack.jpg.c081cff973ca68ffd2cd0c0b5827cc29.jpg