Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

That's progress, Shaun. And, as Jim says, progress is GOOD! :nabble_smiley_good:

That box must really strengthen the front of the frame. I mean REALLY.

I'm hoping. I figure there's a reason Ford put it there on the leaf spring trucks, so I'll do the same. But as you and others have found out, it doesn't help keep the frame horns from twisting.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Offending lump is right! Those 360's were notorious - thirsty and w/o power. At least a 460 provides some power to go with its thirst.

Glad you have the "motive power" to pull that lump. I see it hiding to the right. And I'm sure a blue oval will fit nicely in there. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But that steering box is HUGE! :nabble_smiley_oh:

The steering box is probably no bigger than the Ford ones; it's just in the foreground.

Yes, it will (can be made to) fit. I have found another guy's project wherein he uses the exact setup I am looking at, except the TC is the BW 1356 (I think). He even uses the same engine mounts! Who'd-a thunk?

The steering box is probably no bigger than the Ford ones; it's just in the foreground.

Yes, it will (can be made to) fit. I have found another guy's project wherein he uses the exact setup I am looking at, except the TC is the BW 1356 (I think). He even uses the same engine mounts! Who'd-a thunk?

A 1356 won't be hard to find. But an NP 208 will be easier, albeit needing a bit of work. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anyway, it is good that you've found someone else that's been there, done that. Makes it much easier.

A 1356 won't be hard to find. But an NP 208 will be easier, albeit needing a bit of work. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anyway, it is good that you've found someone else that's been there, done that. Makes it much easier.

Painting 2 new OEM front armrests found couple of months ago. Also painting a new dash bought from LMC (yep, I know, quite expansive).

A bit disappointed about the dash quality. Not about the look, identical to an original one.

But the speaker grill is already cracking underneath (the upper side is perfect).

Before installing it, I'll stick a reinforcement grill on the down face, probably a strong plastic (or metallic) speaker grill, I'll see.

408AFC40-06F7-48C0-8236-45C8F3CA09FF.jpeg.502a8bfcd1848389bbecfd7a6568079a.jpeg

F4D4365E-DD9B-42B5-A836-214FA60B4940.jpeg.500716509d073bd99f42e824c567ab20.jpeg

56BAD4EE-56BD-4B9D-BB73-EA3D61638E06.jpeg.7cd975398ccf337a6669711e8e231f73.jpeg

F44E64A5-13CA-4CD6-95C9-142A80A94B30.jpeg.ec1115afd26b982491e5588103697462.jpeg

C9BE7113-394E-44D4-B028-8397A237F736.jpeg.31823d43cb54e803c817ef57ef6a8969.jpeg

Painting 2 new OEM front armrests found couple of months ago. Also painting a new dash bought from LMC (yep, I know, quite expansive).

A bit disappointed about the dash quality. Not about the look, identical to an original one.

But the speaker grill is already cracking underneath (the upper side is perfect).

Before installing it, I'll stick a reinforcement grill on the down face, probably a strong plastic (or metallic) speaker grill, I'll see.

Looks nice!

Bummer about the cracking. Too bad Ford didn’t have one without the speaker grille. I wonder how many in production had a speaker in there.

That is a bummer!

That is a bummer!

Today I installed a 1992-1996 cupholder on my 1997 (F350) bench seat. I was hesitant because I didn't know whether it would work well with a 4 speed and the older style T-case shifter, and I didn't know if my seat frame had the holes or dimples for the studs that hold the cupholder.

After doing some research, I found a few mentions of guys running them in their manual/manual bullnose trucks, so figured that would not be an issue. It's worth noting that there are two versions of console, the manual version (1 cupholder) and the automatic version (two cupholders). The automatic version will NOT work with any manual, as it is too large.

The other issue was whether my seat frame had the holes pre-drilled or even just dimples. I couldn't find pictures of the 1992-1997 bench seat frame, or any concrete confirmation of what is under the seat cover. I did find mention that there were dimples on all of the seat frames of this era, so figured I would pull the seat cover up at the front and check. What I found was not dimples, or even holes for the screws. I found two sets of square and round holes, like what you would utilize for "U" style extruded speed nuts. It became obvious that Ford used speed nuts for the retaining studs, and I just happened to have spare speed nuts to fit the studs. I installed the speed nuts, re-installed the seat cover, and then marked the holes for the studs. I then simply screwed the studs through the fabric and into the speed nuts, and then installed the cupholder onto the studs.

DSCN2552.jpg.bf1d3e195d3d6716a6713ae61f85f3c3.jpg

DSCN2553.jpg.1859edb955e7c809cd534fe4be11d293.jpg

Today I installed a 1992-1996 cupholder on my 1997 (F350) bench seat. I was hesitant because I didn't know whether it would work well with a 4 speed and the older style T-case shifter, and I didn't know if my seat frame had the holes or dimples for the studs that hold the cupholder.

After doing some research, I found a few mentions of guys running them in their manual/manual bullnose trucks, so figured that would not be an issue. It's worth noting that there are two versions of console, the manual version (1 cupholder) and the automatic version (two cupholders). The automatic version will NOT work with any manual, as it is too large.

The other issue was whether my seat frame had the holes pre-drilled or even just dimples. I couldn't find pictures of the 1992-1997 bench seat frame, or any concrete confirmation of what is under the seat cover. I did find mention that there were dimples on all of the seat frames of this era, so figured I would pull the seat cover up at the front and check. What I found was not dimples, or even holes for the screws. I found two sets of square and round holes, like what you would utilize for "U" style extruded speed nuts. It became obvious that Ford used speed nuts for the retaining studs, and I just happened to have spare speed nuts to fit the studs. I installed the speed nuts, re-installed the seat cover, and then marked the holes for the studs. I then simply screwed the studs through the fabric and into the speed nuts, and then installed the cupholder onto the studs.

That’s slick! Looks good!

That is great. Where did you find the cup holder?