Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Scott - I think I now have enough room to put a boot over the stud, but it might get squished a bit.

So the ACDelco Professional 4BA17, shown below, sticks out over the side of the battery and let you run a bolt into them in the end? As you can see below I can't stick it out over the side near the negative terminal.

But the adapter I posted, above, doesn't get me any height clearance. The post is just outboard enough to miss the rib on the underside of the hood, so height isn't an issue. The stud just catches the outside edge of the rib. But the adapter gives me another point for attaching cables so I can get down to one per connection, which then allows me to install the boot - assuming I can either find a boot for that adapter or a similar adapter with a boot to fit.

I don't have a photo of my passenger side but here is the driver. My two batteries are the same and the posts lend themselves to these where your main battery being bigger (than mine) and having the posts in different spots doesn't very well. Still looking like those adapters you listed are the best option. I was going to suggest that one could 3D print some custom fit snap on covers using a heat resistant plastic but that would only add to the height.

IMG_20200914_173541.jpg.6a2bc384cc282fba4cf5dec79caaea99.jpg

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have a photo of my passenger side but here is the driver. My two batteries are the same and the posts lend themselves to these where your main battery being bigger (than mine) and having the posts in different spots doesn't very well. Still looking like those adapters you listed are the best option. I was going to suggest that one could 3D print some custom fit snap on covers using a heat resistant plastic but that would only add to the height.

Yes, I could probably do the top/side adapters on the aux battery, but not the main battery. And since I'd like them to be the same, that means using the adapters for the posts, but with boots to match. Still looking for that combo.

And it might be easy for those with a 3D printer to create a cover to pop on, but I don't have one of those. So I think I'll just go with those boots for the Magnalugs elsewhere.

Nice work Nickelplate!

Gary -

I have those boots on my alternator - they work great.

For the rest of mine (the bigger awg stuff) I used the QuickCables brand to go with the magnalugs we are using.

At the time their website worked but not having much luck with it right now.

Check this out starting with page 58: https://www.quickcable.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/x-890855_catalog_finished_cover_version_opt_23.pdf

You may be looking for the Flag style?

Scott - The QuickCable site is playing games again as it gives "Page Not Found" for your link. In fact, I'm not even seeing pictures anymore. So do you know what the part # is?

Nice work Nickelplate!

Gary -

I have those boots on my alternator - they work great.

For the rest of mine (the bigger awg stuff) I used the QuickCables brand to go with the magnalugs we are using.

At the time their website worked but not having much luck with it right now.

Check this out starting with page 58: https://www.quickcable.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/x-890855_catalog_finished_cover_version_opt_23.pdf

You may be looking for the Flag style?

Scott - The QuickCable site is playing games again as it gives "Page Not Found" for your link. In fact, I'm not even seeing pictures anymore. So do you know what the part # is?

Not WHYDTYTT but WHYDWYTT.

At church this morning a young man asked me to help him get a Honda from the town to the north to a mechanic's shop in Skiatook. So we got the trailer out of the storage spot - which has ~6" of room on either side to the supports for the carport - by using the hitch on the front of the truck.

Then we got it out of the back yard w/o running over the plumbing for the septic system. Then out through the gate in the fence and out to the street where we dropped the trailer from the front and picked it up on the rear hitch.

Luckily while the clutch is bad on the Honda it worked well enough to drive on and off the trailer.

Then reverse the above procedure to get the trailer back in storage.

2BB__Dennis_Honda_-_1.jpg.34e756b0f5823a2b337202c58a51060d.jpg

Not WHYDTYTT but WHYDWYTT.

At church this morning a young man asked me to help him get a Honda from the town to the north to a mechanic's shop in Skiatook. So we got the trailer out of the storage spot - which has ~6" of room on either side to the supports for the carport - by using the hitch on the front of the truck.

Then we got it out of the back yard w/o running over the plumbing for the septic system. Then out through the gate in the fence and out to the street where we dropped the trailer from the front and picked it up on the rear hitch.

Luckily while the clutch is bad on the Honda it worked well enough to drive on and off the trailer.

Then reverse the above procedure to get the trailer back in storage.

Good job! Kind of you to help.

Good job! Kind of you to help.

Thanks, Dane.

He wanted to pay me but we just got word today that one of the vans is broken that a group of missionaries use there to transport people to the west and food/medical supplies to the east. So I suggested that he give whatever he would have given me to that cause. I was just happy to get to use BB and the trailer to help someone.

What grumpin said, you always help your fellow man, you reap what you sow.

Found some gussets for my transmission crossmember. I had to modify the crossmember and one of the gussets to make them work, but nothing too complicated and they should work out nicely.

DSCN2524.jpg.960820a7adf45ed7dd807741e9033bc1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good, Shaun. One piece at a time...

Been chasing a miss in my truck for a while, 302 EFI... replaced all the ignition components with good quality stuff, MSD street fighter coil, cap/rotor, good set of 8mm wires, AP 25 plugs, swapped MAP sensors with one I had laying around, did the 6litre tune up and bumped the gap on the plugs and set timing to 14* BTDC instead of 10. Throttle response is way better and its peppier, but still had a miss. Old plugs were nice and tan. Started to hesitate a bit the other day, but one prime and a flick of the key and it fires up. Great right?

Ha, ha.....Ha.

I figured what the heck lets throw a fuel pressure tester on the rail and see what we get. Brand new pressure tester.

Primed the key.

Needle barely moved.

I thought, hmm, that's funny. Its supposed to prime and have 30-45 psi. I fired it up. 10psi.

You read that right. This truck is running on 10psi. And it runs good except under WOT it will miss randomly. Unhooked manifold vacuum and the reading bumped to 22-25 and drops when you crack the throttle. I smelled the regulator vac hose and it reeks of fuel so I'm going to change that and the filter before I decide to drop the tank. The fact it runs pretty well everywhere else leads me to believe its the regulator leaking excess fuel to the return line and not a weak pump, but we shall see.

Which leads me to the next point of I'm pretty sure I'm pulling this 302 out and we are doing something a little different....Cleveland swap!