Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Put my coil spring level kit in and happy with where the front end sits now, but think I'm going to drop the the 6 inch pivot points for the axle now and probably lengthen the shocks again. She definitely rides stiffer. I stacked the blocks in the back like RC and Skyjacker wanted but that's just temporary until the new leaf springs show up. Just waiting in the new steering stabilizer to show up now since the one that came with my lift snapped off. Then new stainless brake hoses and probably new bleeders since I had to use vise grips to open them and some heat.

Following that she's off to have camber bushings changed cause I won't touch them lol.

Looks nice!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New carb installed!

557AA4DF-E039-48E2-B234-269DA8A8D5F0.jpeg.dcd8a5c7151c17879d3b6463e81e7901.jpeg

4FEAA3B6-A35B-431A-9DA3-EE3BF893E93A.jpeg.85fbd26e3471f94f95e7e50c8269169c.jpeg

8C93ADD0-2BA5-427A-B26E-966FEAC6725B.jpeg.afa0963cf3f55964bc33c2d889f4ab5b.jpeg

Next steps:

- Combine various "best parts" I found here and there to build a nice, clean, fresh painted air filter box:

3E343C13-9489-4D70-9CAA-968A84147E33.jpeg.1210416058d4eadf0e30a28688b6f611.jpeg

- Motor compartment shampoo, and refresh blue paint. I know Big Brother will never have an under hood compartment as shinny as Cory’s one :nabble_smiley_wink:, but all of us need a goal, an "unreachable star” to reach!

:nabble_smiley_evil:

New carb installed!

Next steps:

- Combine various "best parts" I found here and there to build a nice, clean, fresh painted air filter box:

- Motor compartment shampoo, and refresh blue paint. I know Big Brother will never have an under hood compartment as shinny as Cory’s one :nabble_smiley_wink:, but all of us need a goal, an "unreachable star” to reach!

Nice!

New carb installed!

Next steps:

Looking good! And I'll bet that air cleaner turns out well also. :nabble_smiley_good:

Job done!

Re-blued the block, and made a clean air box.

I can certify that Big Brother did not have a connected fresh air snorkel since the family owns it (at least 28 years)!

That looks great! Is the base steel or aluminum?

And the fresh air will certainly help in the summer. Will you have heated air for the winter?

That looks great! Is the base steel or aluminum?

And the fresh air will certainly help in the summer. Will you have heated air for the winter?

Yes Gary, hot intake air flexible metallic tube connected too (to the manifold heat collector). Certainly the most important hose here… at least for couple of years ahead.

:nabble_smiley_thinking:

For fresh air intake, I was lucky at my local junk yard, one of their old F-Guys had the plastic adapter (attached to the radiator support). Bought the flexible rectangular black snorkel new.

Base is steel. Had to sand some interior rust before painting, but it was in much better shape than mine, which was rust perforated.

I grabbed the snorkel (also steel) from an aluminum base, which was cracked. These look somehow fragile.

Yes Gary, hot intake air flexible metallic tube connected too (to the manifold heat collector). Certainly the most important hose here… at least for couple of years ahead.

:nabble_smiley_thinking:

For fresh air intake, I was lucky at my local junk yard, one of their old F-Guys had the plastic adapter (attached to the radiator support). Bought the flexible rectangular black snorkel new.

Base is steel. Had to sand some interior rust before painting, but it was in much better shape than mine, which was rust perforated.

I grabbed the snorkel (also steel) from an aluminum base, which was cracked. These look somehow fragile.

Excellent! Sounds like you have it coming together.

I thought that base was steel but wanted to ask. There's the proof that the 351HO air cleaners didn't have the rear trap door like the 460's. And yes, the aluminum ones are fragile. I've seen very few of them that aren't cracked.