Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

The white/black choke wire is 'S' for stator.

It won't have any power unless the alternator is turning.

This is the wire that appears to be the choke wire, it was cut and taped on the other end, looks like the right length and placement, voltage on this wire is as previously posted.

ALT.jpg.195d584e8bbb9bf1e790ef0305da2011.jpg

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the wire that appears to be the choke wire, it was cut and taped on the other end, looks like the right length and placement, voltage on this wire is as previously posted.

Stator is a separate terminal (lug) labeled (S) on the back of a 1G Have a closer look

There are a couple of ways a 1G is wired, depending on whether you have a idiot light or an ammeter..

RJM (FFI) used to have concise and simple diagrams.

Unfortunately we don't have them any more...

Basically, if you had an idiot light the S wire went to the regulator and if you had an ammeter the terminal would only attach to the carb (IF the stock carb had electric assist!)

Lots of carbs back then relied on a hot air choke stove and not an electrically heated element.

Stator is a separate terminal (lug) labeled (S) on the back of a 1G Have a closer look

There are a couple of ways a 1G is wired, depending on whether you have a idiot light or an ammeter..

RJM (FFI) used to have concise and simple diagrams.

Unfortunately we don't have them any more...

Basically, if you had an idiot light the S wire went to the regulator and if you had an ammeter the terminal would only attach to the carb (IF the stock carb had electric assist!)

Lots of carbs back then relied on a hot air choke stove and not an electrically heated element.

No connections on back, Batt,(large term.) and STA/FLD on plug are only connections.

Thought maybe the sta wire wrapped around the fld wire may have given the .38vdc reading, untangled, it still the same.

alt_back.jpg.aaf22cca1f11743b1ac155f963710f60.jpg

No connections on back, Batt,(large term.) and STA/FLD on plug are only connections.

Thought maybe the sta wire wrapped around the fld wire may have given the .38vdc reading, untangled, it still the same.

That's interesting. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm used to seeing a separate lug for stator.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas for your choke. (but it certainly shouldn't have any power unless the engine is turning)

That's interesting. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm used to seeing a separate lug for stator.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas for your choke. (but it certainly shouldn't have any power unless the engine is turning)

Thanks anyhow, I think I'll go with manual for now, if alt goes South on a later date, try again if voltages are to specs.

Thanks, Bill

Thanks anyhow, I think I'll go with manual for now, if alt goes South on a later date, try again if voltages are to specs.

Thanks, Bill

Put new Moog 820 springs in the front. That leveled it out pretty good.

84_Bronco15.jpg.1e5aef2d9b157ba9526cdd5c250c8642.jpg

Looks good, Jimmy! :nabble_anim_claps:

About to finish up re-install of the front grill and bumper after replacing the condenser yesterday. I'm going to do a small write-up on this, as it appears some things have changed with these. While this new condenser required some minor fit up work, I did not have to use spacers and such as previously noted. Easy install!

Happy Fourth!!!

IMG_5125.thumb.jpeg.6bac8b3a4bcce01c113344735ad46a43.jpeg

IMG_5121.thumb.jpeg.2ade3047c14ad699127c35090cd98985.jpeg

About to finish up re-install of the front grill and bumper after replacing the condenser yesterday. I'm going to do a small write-up on this, as it appears some things have changed with these. While this new condenser required some minor fit up work, I did not have to use spacers and such as previously noted. Easy install!

Happy Fourth!!!

Cool, in every possible way. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Big Blue went to the family reunion on Saturday and on the way down at about 11 AM we had to cut the A/C back quite a bit with heat. But when we left at about 5 PM after it sat all day and baked at almost 100F it was ~15 minutes until it really started getting cold. However, then it really did get cold, so I think it is working properly.

I said all that to ask if that is par for the course on these older systems. I think it is but when I get in a new vehicle and it gets cold very quickly I start to wonder.

Happy Fourth!!!

please include the brand and part numbers of that condenser. it seems like it is not the factory dimensions by looking at the pictures. I know there is some play available in the j nut systems but I'm curious to see if you needed to modify beyond that.