Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Finally got my truck on the road today. It's been sitting for almost three months, as I've been out of country for a while and been busy with other things.

Sent the gearbox in to Blue Top and had them rebuild it. Also replaced the steering shaft with one off a later model. I started another thread on this so will comment in that thread regarding my Blue Top experience.

Also installed a PMGR starter, which was a very easy upgrade. Gary did a very great job in his write up on it here on our forum. My original OEM starter was failing so this was a good time to make the change. As many of you know, the PMGR starter is much smaller and lighter. It also requires less juice to turn the engine over while at the same time turning the engine over faster. It's a strange sound listening to that starter crank after hearing the old starter all these years. Great mod for our trucks!!!

That aside, I also replaced the bed bolts with some later model bolts utilized in the Ford Ranger. Took them and had them chrome plated.

Nice work John! :nabble_smiley_cool:

I'm sure it feels good to have your truck back on the road.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work John! :nabble_smiley_cool:

I'm sure it feels good to have your truck back on the road.

It does, Jim! I've done quite a bit of work to this guy. I'll get it running, then take it apart again to do something else. Been there now about 5-6 times. I'm coming to the end of that now or getting very close. Thanks for all your help and encouragement here.

It does, Jim! I've done quite a bit of work to this guy. I'll get it running, then take it apart again to do something else. Been there now about 5-6 times. I'm coming to the end of that now or getting very close. Thanks for all your help and encouragement here.

The solenoid contacts in my PMGR starter are getting pitted. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Shame it's a crimped unit and not easily repaired with a pair of copper shoes like a Nippondenso

I have a new one arriving today via Amazon.

So hopefully there will be a dry day coming this week when I can open the starter and swap it out.

Blackie is certainly well cared for. :nabble_smiley_cool:

About the journey's "end", I always thought that these babies were kind of never ending story, I was wrong?

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Actually Jeff, I think you're right about them being a never ending story!!!

For example, I've got a nasty rear main seal oil leak that just drives me crazy and there is nothing I can do about it, lest I pull the engine. And, I know if I do that, I'll find myself in the Twilight Zone drama of "while I'm here, I might as well do...." thing! No, it never ends.....:nabble_anim_crazy:

About the journey's "end", I always thought that these babies were kind of never ending story, I was wrong?

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Actually Jeff, I think you're right about them being a never ending story!!!

For example, I've got a nasty rear main seal oil leak that just drives me crazy and there is nothing I can do about it, lest I pull the engine. And, I know if I do that, I'll find myself in the Twilight Zone drama of "while I'm here, I might as well do...." thing! No, it never ends.....:nabble_anim_crazy:

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: I already have a new clutch, oil pump, pan gasket, and slave cylinder in addition to the RMS for my engine.

It's been years that the confluence of time, money and space have failed to gel.

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: I already have a new clutch, oil pump, pan gasket, and slave cylinder in addition to the RMS for my engine.

It's been years that the confluence of time, money and space have failed to gel.

I've been neglecting my F350 for a while now, due to home ownership things and just not having enough time. I've been itching to do some more work on it, so I hopped on Ebay and managed to find both the throttle cable bracket and the air intake inlet that I've been missing/searching for. They won't go on the truck any time soon, but they get me closer to the bigger picture. Still looking for driveshafts, but I can always have those built and the fronts are available remanufactured. Little by little I'm getting there.

I've been neglecting my F350 for a while now, due to home ownership things and just not having enough time. I've been itching to do some more work on it, so I hopped on Ebay and managed to find both the throttle cable bracket and the air intake inlet that I've been missing/searching for. They won't go on the truck any time soon, but they get me closer to the bigger picture. Still looking for driveshafts, but I can always have those built and the fronts are available remanufactured. Little by little I'm getting there.

And one of these days you'll put all those pieces together and have a whole truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

And one of these days you'll put all those pieces together and have a whole truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

Today, replaced the "new" rear bumper. This winter, before finding a longer ball mount, I had a little accident. While backup, I pinched the bumper toward the manure trailer jack.

Was very sad. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I ordered a new one, waiting for warmer days to make the change. Still some icy zones and snow spots here and there, but today was a nice sunny day, 48°F. Job done.

First 2022 ride!

BigBrother was happy to go farther than the manure depot!

Stopped at the gas station before going back to its garage. If these trucks become rare in the US, imagine here in the Rust Kingdom... No way to fill some gas without 2-3 guys congratulating "for the beautiful truck". :nabble_smiley_beam:

Here is BigBro, proudly wearing its new bumper, with the manure producers in the picture frame. :nabble_smiley_evil:

EBCA18DA-8AB8-4A64-A4ED-AA6734E17553.jpeg.41f6f1f9ed25e7299f8f341dee4627e2.jpeg

Today, replaced the "new" rear bumper. This winter, before finding a longer ball mount, I had a little accident. While backup, I pinched the bumper toward the manure trailer jack.

Was very sad. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I ordered a new one, waiting for warmer days to make the change. Still some icy zones and snow spots here and there, but today was a nice sunny day, 48°F. Job done.

First 2022 ride!

BigBrother was happy to go farther than the manure depot!

Stopped at the gas station before going back to its garage. If these trucks become rare in the US, imagine here in the Rust Kingdom... No way to fill some gas without 2-3 guys congratulating "for the beautiful truck". :nabble_smiley_beam:

Here is BigBro, proudly wearing its new bumper, with the manure producers in the picture frame. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Nice picture!