Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys. My friend gave me the bar to replace my home made one, and funny enoug bits the exact same one my dad has with exception of the light mounting tabs being different. Kind of cool to find a matching one!

I wasn't aware of the Australian lighting difference. Those "sealed" headlights of the bricknose trucks were always a "turnoff", pun intended, to me. I've seen way too many of them half-full of water.

I wasn't aware of the Australian lighting difference. Those "sealed" headlights of the bricknose trucks were always a "turnoff", pun intended, to me. I've seen way too many of them half-full of water.

Gary they had grown on me over the years. But when I found out the factory Aussie conversions back to sealed beams had been made available I knew I had to have them.

Looks good, Angelo.

Didn't know you could go with different headlights that way. So these don't hold water like a lot of them do? And they hadn't gone to relays by then?

WOW.....that headlight change made a huge difference in the aesthetics of that truck! Never a Bricknose fan due to the slab front, but I really like what you've done to yours. If I had one, that would be the very first thing I'd due.

I remember when Ford came out with the Bricknose. My thoughts were, I'm glad I got the last year of my generation of truck! That, and "what was Ford thinking." Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though.

WOW.....that headlight change made a huge difference in the aesthetics of that truck! Never a Bricknose fan due to the slab front, but I really like what you've done to yours. If I had one, that would be the very first thing I'd due.

I remember when Ford came out with the Bricknose. My thoughts were, I'm glad I got the last year of my generation of truck! That, and "what was Ford thinking." Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though.

absolutely! i worked for an old man who owned an ace hardware back then. he had a 77 ford truck. i dont know f100,f150 but I was a kid (didn't care) and an 85 f350 dump bed . now I loved that truck! then he got an 89 f150. very nice truck and even got the chance to buy it after he passed. still kicking myself on that one. but the front end always looked "off" to me. then the 92 came out. now that one looked like a bullnose matured. ive had a few and still do now but the bullnose is still favorite

Rainy day in Southwest Arkansas and I'm off, most recently I've been working on brakes, wheel bearings, shocks, bushings stuff that has to be done on my old rig but I needed a change in pace. So rather than wasting a day because of rain, I thought, let's try our hand at upholstery work. Now I will say, in all likelihood I'll eventually end up replacing what I've done here with a tailor made seat cover. But for now I wanted to get something done that will suffice until that point. Not really wanting to buy a seat cover, that I never have any luck with, they always seem to get lose and look like a bed that's been slept in, I picked up 40 bucks of what feels like canvas or denim and pictured below is the outcome. I didn't remove the factory cover, and in hindsight, I might would have laid down some quilting type stuffing before the new fabric, but again for me it will be ok. I used a TON of hog rings and it seems to be a good fit. At any rate, here's my project of the day. Happy Easter 🐰

Before

20220416_104436_HDR.jpg.a59fd3394946196adb01db352f9446cc.jpg

After

20220416_162333_HDR.jpg.0a53cdbf27110bd106006322c162f8e8.jpg

Rainy day in Southwest Arkansas and I'm off, most recently I've been working on brakes, wheel bearings, shocks, bushings stuff that has to be done on my old rig but I needed a change in pace. So rather than wasting a day because of rain, I thought, let's try our hand at upholstery work. Now I will say, in all likelihood I'll eventually end up replacing what I've done here with a tailor made seat cover. But for now I wanted to get something done that will suffice until that point. Not really wanting to buy a seat cover, that I never have any luck with, they always seem to get lose and look like a bed that's been slept in, I picked up 40 bucks of what feels like canvas or denim and pictured below is the outcome. I didn't remove the factory cover, and in hindsight, I might would have laid down some quilting type stuffing before the new fabric, but again for me it will be ok. I used a TON of hog rings and it seems to be a good fit. At any rate, here's my project of the day. Happy Easter 🐰

Before

After

Happy Easter!

That seat looks good. I've never done that kind of work, but what you have looks lots better than what I think I could do. :nabble_anim_claps:

Happy Easter!

That seat looks good. I've never done that kind of work, but what you have looks lots better than what I think I could do. :nabble_anim_claps:

Finally got my truck on the road today. It's been sitting for almost three months, as I've been out of country for a while and been busy with other things.

Sent the gearbox in to Blue Top and had them rebuild it. Also replaced the steering shaft with one off a later model. I started another thread on this so will comment in that thread regarding my Blue Top experience.

Also installed a PMGR starter, which was a very easy upgrade. Gary did a very great job in his write up on it here on our forum. My original OEM starter was failing so this was a good time to make the change. As many of you know, the PMGR starter is much smaller and lighter. It also requires less juice to turn the engine over while at the same time turning the engine over faster. It's a strange sound listening to that starter crank after hearing the old starter all these years. Great mod for our trucks!!!

IMG_3285.thumb.jpeg.b97d9e17561ddcba7ad546c7b80f6ba3.jpeg

IMG_4842.thumb.jpeg.500dea758e1cfe337d6f36416c7ec6ed.jpeg

IMG_3240.thumb.jpeg.3a65d3e5fcee098af9db9e0f81d96e03.jpeg

IMG_4833.thumb.jpeg.78894d5bf8d8772ace64937b41988c74.jpeg

Finally got my truck on the road today. It's been sitting for almost three months, as I've been out of country for a while and been busy with other things.

Sent the gearbox in to Blue Top and had them rebuild it. Also replaced the steering shaft with one off a later model. I started another thread on this so will comment in that thread regarding my Blue Top experience.

Also installed a PMGR starter, which was a very easy upgrade. Gary did a very great job in his write up on it here on our forum. My original OEM starter was failing so this was a good time to make the change. As many of you know, the PMGR starter is much smaller and lighter. It also requires less juice to turn the engine over while at the same time turning the engine over faster. It's a strange sound listening to that starter crank after hearing the old starter all these years. Great mod for our trucks!!!

That aside, I also replaced the bed bolts with some later model bolts utilized in the Ford Ranger. Took them and had them chrome plated.

Congrat's, John! It looks great. :nabble_anim_claps: