Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Very nice Angelo!

🤔. Looks kinda familiar.... (mine is a lowly custom)

Your new truck looks really solid for up here.

I hope it serves you well! :nabble_smiley_good:

New floors the past few days, started out just going to be the metal at the threshold of the doors, ordered the metal from LMC the further I wire wheeled the less impressed I was. Ended up replacing a much larger section. I just couldn't do it until I saw nice clean metal. I knew I'd not ever trust it. Then cleaned it all up and installed some sound deadener I got off of Amazon. Don't know anything about the quality. It seemed fine, and I got my weekly workout rolling it in 😂 slapping the floor it's now more of a thud rather than a hollow metal can sound, 🤷 I think it'll be good.

Before

20220326_125012_HDR.jpg.8e246efa053064af69a816c0be41e98d.jpg

After

20220330_164653_HDR.jpg.7369b995ba814bfce004d5b9251882b7.jpg

Brand is Mat66 I suspect it's probably the same as just about all this type of stuff.

20220330_164935_HDR.jpg.3b6116b229ef41f1caa65a3ef65615c0.jpg

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New floors the past few days, started out just going to be the metal at the threshold of the doors, ordered the metal from LMC the further I wire wheeled the less impressed I was. Ended up replacing a much larger section. I just couldn't do it until I saw nice clean metal. I knew I'd not ever trust it. Then cleaned it all up and installed some sound deadener I got off of Amazon. Don't know anything about the quality. It seemed fine, and I got my weekly workout rolling it in 😂 slapping the floor it's now more of a thud rather than a hollow metal can sound, 🤷 I think it'll be good.

Before

After

Brand is Mat66 I suspect it's probably the same as just about all this type of stuff.

Looks very good. I think you were right to replace the metal, and I'd bet the deadener is as good as the other stuff.

InCollage_20220402_185050231.jpg.ef8138f70949468168a2f865ba6960ff.jpg

Took the bed off the truck today to inspect and treat the chassis.. all 6 bed bolts came undone with minimal effort which we were surprised at!

The chassis is solid, there are no areas that need attention and all surface scaling came off with some light sanding and had been treated with Bilt Hamber ready for painting.

:D

Took the bed off the truck today to inspect and treat the chassis.. all 6 bed bolts came undone with minimal effort which we were surprised at!

The chassis is solid, there are no areas that need attention and all surface scaling came off with some light sanding and had been treated with Bilt Hamber ready for painting.

:D

Wow! You got lucky! :nabble_anim_claps:

I'm in the middle of converting from the old ford EFI to an Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 aftermarket system. Just got the engine to 12 BTDC and put the distributor in. It's pretty cold today so I didn't do too much. It's looking really nice. I sure hope it runs better after this!

I'm in the middle of converting from the old ford EFI to an Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 aftermarket system. Just got the engine to 12 BTDC and put the distributor in. It's pretty cold today so I didn't do too much. It's looking really nice. I sure hope it runs better after this!

I'm anxious to see what you think of the new vs old system.

Interesting. I am looking at a EFI for my Bronco. Why did you choose the Edlebrock??

Interesting. I am looking at a EFI for my Bronco. Why did you choose the Edlebrock??

I chose this one for a few reasons.

• It has fuel rail and injectors, rather than just a throttle body setup. And the tuning of the ECU seems really granular.

• I wanted to upgrade due to constant problems with the Ford EFI stuff. This only connects to my existing wiring in one place, which means the rest of the engine wiring and sensors can be removed.

• The price was right. The kit itself cost $2,100. The Associated parts (AN fittings, throttle cable, throttle brackets, external fuel regulator, air cleaner, etc) will probably equal out to another $1000 after all is said and done.

There is this thread about Pro-Flo that Chad started a few days ago. https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Edelbrock-Pro-Flo-Actual-user-and-installer-feedback-tp116397.html

Maybe you have something to contribute or learn?

It would certainly help fill out the topic.