Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Last monday, when it was 70F outside, I built new battery cables (00 Ga).

This monday, when it was 25F, I fired up the truck without having had the block heater plugged in.

May not sound like much, but starting a 6BT, with single battery, is not that easy in cooler temps.

I should have done the cables years ago.......

Paul!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back, Kotter! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Glad to see you on. Been a long time. Hope all is well with you.

And, glad you got that oil burner started. Probably will start easily for the next several days. But that was quite a feat to get it lit off when it was that cold. :nabble_smiley_good:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paul!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back, Kotter! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Glad to see you on. Been a long time. Hope all is well with you.

And, glad you got that oil burner started. Probably will start easily for the next several days. But that was quite a feat to get it lit off when it was that cold. :nabble_smiley_good:

Been around, but new PC didn't auto-login.

Yeah, prior to now, I always had to have the block heater plugged in for at least an hour before attempting to start in anything below 40F. I thought it was just due to the single battery. I replaced the cables, as the old ones were falling apart. The insulation was actually falling off..... Probably due to being 30+ years old.

Been around, but new PC didn't auto-login.

Yeah, prior to now, I always had to have the block heater plugged in for at least an hour before attempting to start in anything below 40F. I thought it was just due to the single battery. I replaced the cables, as the old ones were falling apart. The insulation was actually falling off..... Probably due to being 30+ years old.

Glad you are back - hopefully to stay. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Was just thinking recently of the day you met me down there in Chieftan country to pick up the ZF5 and t-case. Seems a long time ago.

Glad you are back - hopefully to stay. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Was just thinking recently of the day you met me down there in Chieftan country to pick up the ZF5 and t-case. Seems a long time ago.

Been a while, for sure.

Living even further away now. It's almost as long a drive for me, as it is you, to get to that same place where the ZF & TC was......

Yes. At a parts store. I'm getting quite a reputation for knowing the diesel side of things.... Dunno why.

They already knew I was good with cars in general.

I don't doubt it at all. I've seen you solve mysteries quickly. Like when Eli said he couldn't hook up the vacuum advance or the engine would die. You said "The insulation is falling off the pickup in the distributor." Sure enough, it was and it shorted out when the vacuum moved it. :nabble_smiley_oh:

I don't doubt it at all. I've seen you solve mysteries quickly. Like when Eli said he couldn't hook up the vacuum advance or the engine would die. You said "The insulation is falling off the pickup in the distributor." Sure enough, it was and it shorted out when the vacuum moved it. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Used my truck and U Haulem tow dolly to tow my sons beemer to the shop.

Said shop put a new radiator in my Bronco last week. Nice Champion aluminum 4 row. New hoses.

Got a Marti report for my truck and Bronco. Found out my Bronco has super cooling. Glad I got those reports, they’re pretty cool.