Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Received 3 blank door keys and 3 blank ignition keys from LMC. They have the Ford logo etc on them. Took them to my local Wilco farm store and the guy cut them all for me - free of charge.

I have a set of shiny new keys for all the trucks and a full set of spares.

Very happy!

Cool! :nabble_anim_claps:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool! :nabble_anim_claps:

Did you know, when this happens, you only have defroster, and only when you moving at a moderate speed, also the info I asked for about r&r the hvac panel was spot on, radio out, ash tray out, remove mounting screws, push back while rotating slightly clockwise and lowering the front down, and forward, then you can remove the connections. Not the proverbial, piece of cake.

Also while at Upull, got this shift indicator....$16.83 for the hvac...$8.44 for the shift indicator, didn't need the shift indicator but never know when you may need one.

FWIW..The sandwich meat trays make ideal storage for "stuff"

All said, it's been a pretty good year, all things considered...This is "Yer Fren BUBBER" wishing all of Gary's guys, and girls (and Gary) the best ever in 2022

HVAC.jpg.5841a7528e141f3858f191865d987559.jpg

shift.jpg.4f342aa1b12786ffe30ff3a2f32e9db4.jpg

Did you know, when this happens, you only have defroster, and only when you moving at a moderate speed, also the info I asked for about r&r the hvac panel was spot on, radio out, ash tray out, remove mounting screws, push back while rotating slightly clockwise and lowering the front down, and forward, then you can remove the connections. Not the proverbial, piece of cake.

Also while at Upull, got this shift indicator....$16.83 for the hvac...$8.44 for the shift indicator, didn't need the shift indicator but never know when you may need one.

FWIW..The sandwich meat trays make ideal storage for "stuff"

All said, it's been a pretty good year, all things considered...This is "Yer Fren BUBBER" wishing all of Gary's guys, and girls (and Gary) the best ever in 2022

Glad it worked out. :nabble_anim_claps:

Happy New Year!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Glad it worked out. :nabble_anim_claps:

Happy New Year!!!

Today I got the General all put back together after the new manifold gaskets! I had help with the actual manifold but I got everything else taken apart and put back together by myself. I used the Remflex gaskets. All surfaces were true to about .004/inch and in surprisingly good shape.

Also, I finally got my vintage Caravan camper shell painted, reinstalled, and new lock! Pics when it stops raining. Love the barn door.

But I realllly gotta do the motor mounts soon.

Today I got the General all put back together after the new manifold gaskets! I had help with the actual manifold but I got everything else taken apart and put back together by myself. I used the Remflex gaskets. All surfaces were true to about .004/inch and in surprisingly good shape.

Also, I finally got my vintage Caravan camper shell painted, reinstalled, and new lock! Pics when it stops raining. Love the barn door.

But I realllly gotta do the motor mounts soon.

.004" is excellent, especially on something that long. Hopefully the remove & reinstall solved the leak.

Can't wait for the pics!

Nice and clean. And, as you discovered, straight. :nabble_smiley_good:

For my F350, I received a new to me lower dash trim panel that goes beneath the steering column (mine was broken).

For my Rangers, I received the 2003 hard copies of the Ford Light Truck Parts Catalogs (both the Illustration and Text versions) so that I can look up factory parts for those trucks too. I don't know of anybody offering CD copies of the newer catalogs, so these were well worth the low price I paid.

For my F350, I received a new to me lower dash trim panel that goes beneath the steering column (mine was broken).

For my Rangers, I received the 2003 hard copies of the Ford Light Truck Parts Catalogs (both the Illustration and Text versions) so that I can look up factory parts for those trucks too. I don't know of anybody offering CD copies of the newer catalogs, so these were well worth the low price I paid.

Piece by piece you are getting it together. :nabble_anim_claps:

As for the MPC, how many pages are in it? Just curious how the MPC might have grown. Ours is a bit over 5000 pages.

Piece by piece you are getting it together. :nabble_anim_claps:

As for the MPC, how many pages are in it? Just curious how the MPC might have grown. Ours is a bit over 5000 pages.

There is no page listing. It is all divided by section, of which there are many. In 2003, there are five total volumes of the MPC. Volume 1 and 2 cover the illustration and text for F-Series (including Excursion), E-Series, Ranger, and Windstar. Volumes 3, 4, and 5 cover the rest of Ford's SUV fleet like the Explorer, the Escape, etc. And Ford seems to have a different MPC for every year, and I can't seem to find a grouped together version like we have. So it seems the MPC has definitely grown to cover the vast array of vehicles that Ford now offers.

Fear not however, as it is still just as misleading as the 80s version. I have seen numerous pictures showing 80's Rangers and F-Series trucks, and I have seen part numbers completely missing from a section, even though there is a picture of the item right next to the text listing. :nabble_anim_confused: