Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Shaun - I hadn't thought about lowering the column. Not hard to do so I may try that. Thanks.

Jeff - Good to know about the snow. However, given that it has been into the 70's here recently I'm kinda doubting I'll get to test that info. :nabble_smiley_oh:

On the mirror, yours says it is 7", but I'm guessing that the monitor portion is 7" and the mirror itself is bigger. Right?

I've been looking at ones that say they are 12", and their monitors go out to the edge of the mirror. But I can't find one like yours that has multiple inputs and trigger wires. So I'm considering going with one like yours even though the monitor portion is smaller.

Can we take this to the Camera System For Big Blue thread? That way I'll be able to find the comments later when I'm looking for them.

I'd like to know more about your thoughts on your system, how many cameras it came with, if other cameras were offered, where you got it and for how much, etc. Could you reply there, please?

hopefully I can help with the steering collar. leave instrument cluster panel in place. set park brake. turn key to unlock shifter and place in low /1 splay collar open just enough and approach the column from about the 11 o clock position being mindful of the gear selector cable (fragile as glass)the rest is just follow through. a couple long zip ties willhelp hold it still while you get the six o clock screw installed.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hopefully I can help with the steering collar. leave instrument cluster panel in place. set park brake. turn key to unlock shifter and place in low /1 splay collar open just enough and approach the column from about the 11 o clock position being mindful of the gear selector cable (fragile as glass)the rest is just follow through. a couple long zip ties willhelp hold it still while you get the six o clock screw installed.

That helps, Matt. Thanks.

The zip ties in particular are a good idea. I've struggled getting that screw in, but hadn't though of using a long zip tie. :nabble_smiley_good:

The zip ties in particular are a good idea. I've struggled getting that screw in, but hadn't though of using a long zip tie. :nabble_smiley_good:

The key here is that piece can really bend a lot more than you think. Once you have done it once you will understand!

I got that column cover piece in without removing or lowering the column, but it's been a while. So no tips I can remember.

THis weekend, I installed a tach just to keep tabs on the engine speeds. I didn't want to chase down new gauges and printed thing. And this reminds me of my younger days. LOL. My 14 y.o. son loved it. It's a real Hot Rod to him now. LOL. We wish. We took ot for a test drive to check operation and he was like "are we gonna speed shift this time?". I was like Ummmm NO.

I'm going to take him with me to look at another Bullnose that *might* be for sale. It would be his if we can get it. And it looks like a good one, if a little plain.

Anyway, here's the tach. Light is way bright, different color bulb, and doesn't dim with the switch (?)

But it works. Apparently I've never turned it over about 4000.

And yes, it is held in place with zip ties. For now. Biggest hose clamp I had on had was an inch too short.

Sorry, I don't remember the deal on turning a photo.

IMG_20211205_114038135.jpg.d30f54891d6ada928fcd95e5be4dc6ca.jpg

I got that column cover piece in without removing or lowering the column, but it's been a while. So no tips I can remember.

THis weekend, I installed a tach just to keep tabs on the engine speeds. I didn't want to chase down new gauges and printed thing. And this reminds me of my younger days. LOL. My 14 y.o. son loved it. It's a real Hot Rod to him now. LOL. We wish. We took ot for a test drive to check operation and he was like "are we gonna speed shift this time?". I was like Ummmm NO.

I'm going to take him with me to look at another Bullnose that *might* be for sale. It would be his if we can get it. And it looks like a good one, if a little plain.

Anyway, here's the tach. Light is way bright, different color bulb, and doesn't dim with the switch (?)

But it works. Apparently I've never turned it over about 4000.

And yes, it is held in place with zip ties. For now. Biggest hose clamp I had on had was an inch too short.

Sorry, I don't remember the deal on turning a photo.

A little off topic but, is there an easy way to remove/replace the HVAC dash control? I thought it was a vac problem, after checking, vac is ok, pushed on the back of control and it sorta worked. I read somewhere that ash tray had to be removed, anyone ever did this? It is on defrost, bottom lever doesn't work, temp control does.

Thanks Bill

Nothing pertaining to working in, around, under the dash is ever easy.

A little off topic but, is there an easy way to remove/replace the HVAC dash control? I thought it was a vac problem, after checking, vac is ok, pushed on the back of control and it sorta worked. I read somewhere that ash tray had to be removed, anyone ever did this? It is on defrost, bottom lever doesn't work, temp control does.

Thanks Bill

Nothing pertaining to working in, around, under the dash is ever easy.

It's not a bad process just be really careful of the vac line connector as it's easy to break it.

I'd pull both the radio and the ash tray to give you as much room as possible.

If you haven't removed the ash tray before, there is an electrical connector for the light and a tab release to drop the tray itself to get at the screws.

Yes - work behind the dash is always fun and a good way to find new ways to contort and cut yourself :nabble_smiley_beam:

It's not a bad process just be really careful of the vac line connector as it's easy to break it.

I'd pull both the radio and the ash tray to give you as much room as possible.

If you haven't removed the ash tray before, there is an electrical connector for the light and a tab release to drop the tray itself to get at the screws.

Yes - work behind the dash is always fun and a good way to find new ways to contort and cut yourself :nabble_smiley_beam:

I have done it before so it can't be that difficult :nabble_smiley_grin:. pull the center bezel, the radio and the ash tray then it kinda pulls down and back.

As mentioned, be delicate with those vacuum lines.

I have done it before so it can't be that difficult :nabble_smiley_grin:. pull the center bezel, the radio and the ash tray then it kinda pulls down and back.

As mentioned, be delicate with those vacuum lines.

good job randy on keeping a 14 yo involved. try a hose clamp from the pluming dept. for a three-inch pipe rep coupling if your auto parts store does not have them. Get him involved and getting his hands dirty and you will not regret it. don't mind the speeding tickets. he will learn from them too! my son got his first ranger and totaled it twice. not bragging. but i did make him re-live each time in slow, meticulous detail when having to explain it! the last time the tow truck dropped it off i said "you know, there's only so many times you can total one and keep driving". he walked to work for the next two months and i am proud to say, refused to accept rides when offered. we found a 92 f150 being sold reasonable and i coached him in how to make the deal and drove him there. watched him proudly while he did just that. then as he wasn't sure of the newness i handed him my keys and said follow me. this might not be significant to all, but my kids never had free run like some do. we don't have a car. mom does! and privileges are to be earned. we spent the spring of his senior year building "his" engine and after grad we installed it. he is now a marine and let me say im SO proud to share this.

good job randy on keeping a 14 yo involved. try a hose clamp from the pluming dept. for a three-inch pipe rep coupling if your auto parts store does not have them. Get him involved and getting his hands dirty and you will not regret it. don't mind the speeding tickets. he will learn from them too! my son got his first ranger and totaled it twice. not bragging. but i did make him re-live each time in slow, meticulous detail when having to explain it! the last time the tow truck dropped it off i said "you know, there's only so many times you can total one and keep driving". he walked to work for the next two months and i am proud to say, refused to accept rides when offered. we found a 92 f150 being sold reasonable and i coached him in how to make the deal and drove him there. watched him proudly while he did just that. then as he wasn't sure of the newness i handed him my keys and said follow me. this might not be significant to all, but my kids never had free run like some do. we don't have a car. mom does! and privileges are to be earned. we spent the spring of his senior year building "his" engine and after grad we installed it. he is now a marine and let me say im SO proud to share this.

My middle son is a musician and we made him save his money to buy his own gear. With that, I made him learn to negotiate with the salesman at the music store.

So yes, if we get to buy this one, I'll take the younger son with me and let him do as much of the dealing as possible. And then let him work and decide what he thinks needs to be done and guide him to make it safe, then he can go from there.

You should be proud of your son. Sounds like he turned out well.

My middle son is a musician and we made him save his money to buy his own gear. With that, I made him learn to negotiate with the salesman at the music store.

So yes, if we get to buy this one, I'll take the younger son with me and let him do as much of the dealing as possible. And then let him work and decide what he thinks needs to be done and guide him to make it safe, then he can go from there.

You should be proud of your son. Sounds like he turned out well.

Sounds like you both have done a good job of raising them. :nabble_anim_claps: