Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’ve heard that turning the steering wheel lock to lock several times with the engine off really helps the C-II pumps. Have you tried that? :nabble_smiley_evil:

I can confirm this. I had a leak and ran one dry and turning lock-to-lock was the technique for getting the air out.

They are noisy though

I can confirm this. I had a leak and ran one dry and turning lock-to-lock was the technique for getting the air out.

They are noisy though

I was being facetious. Mean even. If you turn the wheels lock/lock with the engine off you’ll have a mess as the C-II pump will squirt ATF out of the vent hole in the cap. The Saginaw pump doesn’t do it. Nor does it whine.

I just got my new regulator today. One in truck still works, but takes a lot of start/stops. I want to do that, sound deadener, barrier, and new armrests. Passenger door gets all that except the regulator too. Maybe this weekend; maybe not. Going to be 93 or more for the next few days.

I just saw this video. It may help others,

https://car-maintenance-tips.wonderhowto.com/how-to/fix-broken-manual-window-regulator-1980-96-ford-f150-f250-f350-0141179/

I just got my new regulator today. One in truck still works, but takes a lot of start/stops. I want to do that, sound deadener, barrier, and new armrests. Passenger door gets all that except the regulator too. Maybe this weekend; maybe not. Going to be 93 or more for the next few days.

I just saw this video. It may help others,

https://car-maintenance-tips.wonderhowto.com/how-to/fix-broken-manual-window-regulator-1980-96-ford-f150-f250-f350-0141179/

yep, I watched that like twice and it goes almost exactly as he demonstrates.

I’ve heard that turning the steering wheel lock to lock several times with the engine off really helps the C-II pumps. Have you tried that? :nabble_smiley_evil:

17 year old Shaun on FTE with his 1980 F150 probably would have fell for that. But 29 year old Shaun on Gary'sGaragemahal, who has now owned five different trucks with C-II pumps, will not fall for that. :nabble_anim_blbl:

Wow, that means I've been tinkering with these trucks for almost 15 years now. Where has the time gone? I still remember snot-nosed me asking a hundred questions regarding part numbers and all the times Bill told me to buy the friggin' MPC. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

17 year old Shaun on FTE with his 1980 F150 probably would have fell for that. But 29 year old Shaun on Gary'sGaragemahal, who has now owned five different trucks with C-II pumps, will not fall for that. :nabble_anim_blbl:

Wow, that means I've been tinkering with these trucks for almost 15 years now. Where has the time gone? I still remember snot-nosed me asking a hundred questions regarding part numbers and all the times Bill told me to buy the friggin' MPC. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I guess I deserve that :nabble_anim_blbl:. :nabble_smiley_evil:

But I knew you wouldn't fall for it or I wouldn't have suggested it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for the time, are you subtracting the years you sold out? Man, I was sure sorry to see you do that.

As for the time, are you subtracting the years you sold out? Man, I was sure sorry to see you do that.

Nope, because I was still tinkering with these trucks in the junkyard, buying and selling parts on Ebay, even though I didn't technically own a bullnose for a few months. I used the time to re-arrange my priorities, and am thankful for that step back. It allowed me to clear my mind and redirect my focus. I actually had the 86 F250 parts truck by the end of 2017, so I was only bullnose-less for a few months. I like these trucks too much to not have one. The F350 is actually way further along than the F150 was, which is crazy to think. But the F150 was also in worse shape, which is why it now sits in some guy's yard as wood storage, seen below.

s-l1600.jpg.653676124b815bf2bd311ba019053fa1.jpg

Nope, because I was still tinkering with these trucks in the junkyard, buying and selling parts on Ebay, even though I didn't technically own a bullnose for a few months. I used the time to re-arrange my priorities, and am thankful for that step back. It allowed me to clear my mind and redirect my focus. I actually had the 86 F250 parts truck by the end of 2017, so I was only bullnose-less for a few months. I like these trucks too much to not have one. The F350 is actually way further along than the F150 was, which is crazy to think. But the F150 was also in worse shape, which is why it now sits in some guy's yard as wood storage, seen below.

Well, you've kept busy with these truck, that's for sure. But an F150 for wood storage? That is a crying shame.

Well, you've kept busy with these truck, that's for sure. But an F150 for wood storage? That is a crying shame.

It's not exactly how I would have liked to see the truck go, but it's not my truck anymore and that's what happens when you sell them. I follow the owner on Ebay, and have seen a large amount of the parts from the truck go up for sale. Funny how I can recognize most of them after spending so much time with that truck. :nabble_smiley_unhappy: