Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Me too. And I'm actually on a bit of a roll with that. The trailer wiring was last night. Tonight I looked at why my walk-behind mower's transmission was locked up. Turned out to be a piece of a stick wedged between the pulley and the guard! Took about an hour to get it apart to find and remove the stick and then put it back together. But I was expecting to find stuff shredded inside the transmission.

I should probably try some other projects before my luck runs out!

I'm also glad that you were able to get your truck back on the road!

Bob - That is great luck! Both on the wiring as well as the mower's transmission. Hope the luck continues. :nabble_anim_claps:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bob - That is great luck! Both on the wiring as well as the mower's transmission. Hope the luck continues. :nabble_anim_claps:

Well, I'm still having absolutely no luck getting my truck to run. Replaced the TFI and distributor and now I have no spark at all.

Anyone have driveshafts for a C6 4x4 truck? I'm /this/ close to doing a complete drivetrain swap next weekend.

Well, I'm still having absolutely no luck getting my truck to run. Replaced the TFI and distributor and now I have no spark at all.

Anyone have driveshafts for a C6 4x4 truck? I'm /this/ close to doing a complete drivetrain swap next weekend.

If I remember, you had weak spark at the plugs, but good out of the distributor.

Even so, are you getting good voltage through your ignition switch?

Fuel, compression and spark...

One of those three has to be missing. 🤷‍♂️

Had all 3 and good timing and it still wouldn't pop off.

Now it has lost spark entirely. I'm starting to think there is a broken wire in the engine harness somewhere. I'm at my wits end and about to send it to the scrap yard and cut my losses. This is the project I was trying to avoid.

Fuel, compression and spark...

One of those three has to be missing. 🤷‍♂️

Had all 3 and good timing and it still wouldn't pop off.

Now it has lost spark entirely. I'm starting to think there is a broken wire in the engine harness somewhere. I'm at my wits end and about to send it to the scrap yard and cut my losses. This is the project I was trying to avoid.

I hear you.

But compression doesn't rely on a harness.

If you have a noid light you can see the injector pulses.

Now you know you don't get spark.

Unplug the SPOUT.

If you get spark then, it's the ECU.

If you still don't get spark it is the coil or PIP.

There's not much else...

I hear you.

Unplug the SPOUT.

There's not much else...

Spout did nothing. Had the ECU apart and verified the circuit board was OK. Just checked 3 different coils and all of them had 0 resistance between terminals, so I might be onto something now.

I'm just frustrated.

I hear you.

Unplug the SPOUT.

There's not much else...

Spout did nothing. Had the ECU apart and verified the circuit board was OK. Just checked 3 different coils and all of them had 0 resistance between terminals, so I might be onto something now.

I'm just frustrated.

I got the time to swap in a new NAPA fuel filter this afternoon.

I'm busy getting my dock locker to higher ground.

I got the time to swap in a new NAPA fuel filter this afternoon.

I'm busy getting my dock locker to higher ground.

That reminds me to put that on my list.

Swapped coils, no dice. I'm ohming wires to the TFI module right now and found one that has 2.2 ohms resistance, so looks like I'm going to be opening the engine harness.

Also, something keeps beeping at me over on the drivers side the more I keep wiggling stuff around.