Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Larry - That's pretty much the story I read as well. Nothing wrong with boilers or locomotives, or the people who make them. I come from a railroading family, and worked 18 months there, although not on a steam locomotive.

Bob - And I thought Corn Huskers was a bad team name!

Oh, and it gets worse! I had blanked this out (you'll see why!) but my sister-in-law went to the University of California, Santa Cruz. Their mascot is the Banana Slugs!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, and it gets worse! I had blanked this out (you'll see why!) but my sister-in-law went to the University of California, Santa Cruz. Their mascot is the Banana Slugs!

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

My son attends UNC School of the Arts - absolutely NO athletic teams. But they are the "Fighting Pickles". My son so wanted to be a football player, but his feet are so flat he can't run worth a durn. But he can play a piano like nobody's business.

I'm an Appalachian State Mountaineer. Mascot is a Mountaineer named Yosef. And the jokes begin... Don't play with Yosef. Believe in Yosef, and so on.

My son attends UNC School of the Arts - absolutely NO athletic teams. But they are the "Fighting Pickles". My son so wanted to be a football player, but his feet are so flat he can't run worth a durn. But he can play a piano like nobody's business.I'm an Appalachian State Mountaineer. Mascot is a Mountaineer named Yosef. And the jokes begin... Don't play with Yosef. Believe in Yosef, and so on.
Well, this isn't what I've done "to" my truck but what I've done "with" my truck. Janey has some landscaping work going on and the guys were struggling to get a rather large crepe myrtle out of the ground. That is until I suggested we use Big Blue and his winch. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I will say that it took a bit more than I expected as it was dragging the truck, even with the park brake on and the rear tires sliding. But the wheel chocks I have in the bed solved that problem.

Well, this isn't what I've done "to" my truck but what I've done "with" my truck. Janey has some landscaping work going on and the guys were struggling to get a rather large crepe myrtle out of the ground. That is until I suggested we use Big Blue and his winch. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I will say that it took a bit more than I expected as it was dragging the truck, even with the park brake on and the rear tires sliding. But the wheel chocks I have in the bed solved that problem.

Have you ever tried running the winch line over a tire? You put the tire upright, close to the bush so it acts like a pulley. as the line pulls in the tire rolls toward the vehicle, but the point is that you get more of an upward pull on the bush.I haven't tried it myself, and don't know that I will. But it seems to work well for some

Have you ever tried running the winch line over a tire? You put the tire upright, close to the bush so it acts like a pulley. as the line pulls in the tire rolls toward the vehicle, but the point is that you get more of an upward pull on the bush.

I haven't tried it myself, and don't know that I will. But it seems to work well for some

Yes, and I should have explained why we didn't. I suggested it to the guys pulling the bush but they wanted to do it this way as it opened things up and let them cut the roots.

But I have done it and it does work. A friend and his FiL spent days trying to pull up a stump and then I suggested that approach. The stump came up on the first try.

Have you ever tried running the winch line over a tire? You put the tire upright, close to the bush so it acts like a pulley. as the line pulls in the tire rolls toward the vehicle, but the point is that you get more of an upward pull on the bush.

I haven't tried it myself, and don't know that I will. But it seems to work well for some

That is cool Gary!

I like that idea Bob!

On a similar front, my friend was telling me at the weekend he uses 4x4 post and rests cable on it. The top of the 4x4 is close to what ever you are pulling out and the bottom of it is nearer the vehicle. The principal is, as you pull the rope in, the 4x4 "stands up" and exerts a vertical force on what you are digging out, rather than the sideways/downwards vector you normally get.

He says it has never failed him!

I have a few ponderosa pines that are 10-15ft tall I need to pull out and this is why he was telling me the story.