Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I have 2 of the stools that Gary has I bought for when I painted the truck they now make a nice seat when not covered with stuff like a shelf:nabble_smiley_wink:

I also have 1 of the step that fits over the tire and I use it all the time.

You need to set the parking brake so the truck will not roll but others wise I like it better than the stools above because they will not push out from under your feet when leaning over the fenders into the engine bay.

I would say go for the tire step over the stool.

Dave ----

I would second that save for the fact he apparently also wants to access the front of the engine compartment since he has gotten caught on the hood latch. So, I suggest one of the stoolss and two of the tire steps. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Seriously though, I think I'm going to get one of the tire steps. And if it works as well as I think it will I'll get another. That's 'cause I will be doing the EFI work this winter and that stool has slid out from under me too many times.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have 2 of the stools that Gary has I bought for when I painted the truck they now make a nice seat when not covered with stuff like a shelf:nabble_smiley_wink:

I also have 1 of the step that fits over the tire and I use it all the time.

You need to set the parking brake so the truck will not roll but others wise I like it better than the stools above because they will not push out from under your feet when leaning over the fenders into the engine bay.

I would say go for the tire step over the stool.

Dave ----

It's perfect timing that this topic should come up. I've been working with a step stool that has two steps, one of which is too low and the other too high. Complicating matters is that they two steps are offset with the highest being closest to the truck. It's better than nothing at all but it's most certainly not ideal and I was just griping about it yesterday. I'm gonna take a trip to Northern Tool!

I would second that save for the fact he apparently also wants to access the front of the engine compartment since he has gotten caught on the hood latch. So, I suggest one of the stoolss and two of the tire steps. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Seriously though, I think I'm going to get one of the tire steps. And if it works as well as I think it will I'll get another. That's 'cause I will be doing the EFI work this winter and that stool has slid out from under me too many times.

I have four of those stools, very handy.

I put a bundle of rags or a pair of winter gloves over the hood latch. Usually after I’ve butchered myself!

I put a bundle of rags or a pair of winter gloves over the hood latch. Usually after I’ve butchered myself!

Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. I've started putting one of those HF blue blankest over the top of that sucker!

Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. I've started putting one of those HF blue blankest over the top of that sucker!

I don't think there's anyone who hasn't skewered themselves on the hood latch at least once.

Oh, I know what you are talking about as well! What really hurts is when the @#$%^&* stool slides and plants you on the latch. And as you are flailing about you catch your arm on the hooks for the jack handle.

Usually HF has what Northern has, and you know where the new HF store is.

Oh, I know what you are talking about as well! What really hurts is when the @#$%^&* stool slides and plants you on the latch. And as you are flailing about you catch your arm on the hooks for the jack handle.

Usually HF has what Northern has, and you know where the new HF store is.

I've not done anything "to" my trucks, but "with". Over the weekend a friend (Foxford33) and family borrowed Blue and the trailer to get some of his grandfather's thing for his new shop. They brought the rig back Sunday and we left it in the shop's driveway.

Yesterday I positioned the trailer in the middle of the driveway so I could get around it and moved Blue into the garage. Then a friend with a 90's F150 called to ask questions about replacing the window motor on the driver's door. And after some discussion I suggested he bring it over.

He brought it over today along with the replacement motor he'd purchased. So we spent quite some time trying to install it, but couldn't get it to fit. Finally we went to the attic and discovered that I had a passenger-side motor and pulled it.

As it turned out, the replacement isn't the right one. But the one I had bolted up, although Up is down and Down is up. However, he was happy so we left it that way. (And part of his happiness might have to do with us fixing the window scraper by pop-riveting it to the door panel.)

Then we moved the trailer into the carport using Big Blue and his front-mounted trailer hitch. Boy, that hitch makes all the difference! And, I needed 4wd to get the trailer over a hump, so the click when the Warn Premium hubs locked in sure was satisfying. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And as you are flailing about you catch your arm on the hooks for the jack handle.

Precisely! Skin and clothing magnets those are.

Which is why mine are gone! I'm carrying a hydraulic bottle jack and its handle.

Well I replaced my cap and rotor, and spark didn't seem to improve, but we do have spark and compression, and I checked the pressure from the rail. It sprayed but I didn't have a gauge near me to check...even with ether it still would not pop off. I did check the inertia switch, it is good and fuel pump is priming.

I replaced a couple ground wires and it turns over much better but still not happy or comfortable with it, won't be till I get my 2/0 cables from my old truck on it hoping a good ground would help. Also checked fuses. Also, every cylinder is evenly flooding...it's not one just one cylinder like one injector hanging.

Still no fire.

What on earth other than maybe the MAP, pump (need to verify 50psi), or burned up ECM is keeping this thing from running??