Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I was busy this weekend, all with straight forward progress! Got a new transmission pan on, transmission cooler, and gauge installed. Also got my AC all hooked up and evacuated. Left it last night with the gauges hooked up and it's holding a vacuum. Today I hope to charge it.

I was very pleased at how the trans cooler mounted up. In fact, I was able to use two of the radiator support bracket bolts on the left side of the unit and did not have to drill anything. I made a transmission line out of NICOP to run to my trans cooler and flared the ends. This stuff is great for making every kind of line. I also painted my radiator support bracket and dusted the support. The paint I used is an exact match to the factory Ford color. Great weekend!

Well done, John!!!! :nabble_anim_claps:

Is that paint blue or gray?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bummer! So, what are the plans?

Well after my truck sitting at a friend's place for a week I have no choice but to tow it. I didnt go into this truck expecting it to be flawless but this is exactly what I was trying to avoid when I bought it. Should have just bought something carburetor. But thats why I have a 351 in the garage.

I'll play with it tonight a bit and see what I can get it to do. Super frustrated.

That looks really good Shaun! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Your youth and enthusiasm never fails to impress.

Now, about those rotors.....:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Thanks Jim and Gary!

I despise the rusty rotors, but I'm gonna refrain from putting new ones on until the truck is running. The rusty ones do a good enough job allowing me to put the wheels on. :nabble_smiley_wink:

l like!!! Short guy like me would need a step ladder to get in and a platform type latter to work in the engine bay.

She's a BIG girl. She'll come down a bit when the drivetrain goes back in, but I'm not expecting much until the suspension settles. I don't want it to be too tall, as I plan to pull gooseneck trailers with it. So there has to be a limit somewhere.

That looks really good Shaun! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Your youth and enthusiasm never fails to impress.

Now, about those rotors.....:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Thanks Jim and Gary!

I despise the rusty rotors, but I'm gonna refrain from putting new ones on until the truck is running. The rusty ones do a good enough job allowing me to put the wheels on. :nabble_smiley_wink:

l like!!! Short guy like me would need a step ladder to get in and a platform type latter to work in the engine bay.

She's a BIG girl. She'll come down a bit when the drivetrain goes back in, but I'm not expecting much until the suspension settles. I don't want it to be too tall, as I plan to pull gooseneck trailers with it. So there has to be a limit somewhere.

Well hey we might be on to something. Played with a ground...fuel pump does prime anymore...

Sorry for the spotty updates. Just need to rant! Lol

Bummer! So, what are the plans?

Tear down the engine and diagnose the failure. My guess is that I spun the bearings, but I’ll find out soon enough. Then I’ll do a full rebuild. I’m going to swap in an T170FT RTS that I sourced while I’m in there, as that was the trans this truck shipped with from the factory. I’m sure I’ll find a dozen other things to replace along the way 😂

Tear down the engine and diagnose the failure. My guess is that I spun the bearings, but I’ll find out soon enough. Then I’ll do a full rebuild. I’m going to swap in an T170FT RTS that I sourced while I’m in there, as that was the trans this truck shipped with from the factory. I’m sure I’ll find a dozen other things to replace along the way 😂

Angelo - Did you mean "fuel pump doesn't prime anymore"?

Jeff - Sounds like a plan. Please keep us posted.