Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I have the Warn Premiums on my F150 and Bronco. They were so stiff at first and I got annoyed the first time I used them on my F150. I had to use channel locks to turn them and ended up scuffing them. The issue is the indents to get your fingers in are very small and when it is cold/icy out trying to get fat fingers in them is an issue.

This seems to be common when they are new, to the extent that people make tools to help with this:

https://www.4wd.com/p/rp-4wd-parts-the-hubber-482237/_/R-RP4WD-482237

After a couple of seasons they have eased up and I never have an issue engaging them anymore and I never had to buy the tool.

Went ahead and ordered the Warn premiums, an 8-17 ship date made me think I’d better get going.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went ahead and ordered the Warn premiums, an 8-17 ship date made me think I’d better get going.

Let me knownhow you like them. I love my regular ones.

Still pulling my hair out as to why this damn truck won't start. Fuel, air, compression and spark are all there. Just cranks and cranks. Havent had a chance to change the regulator yet though...starting to think there's no rail pressure and the injectors are just drizzling. I pulled the vacuum hose out of it and it finally smelled like gas and had visible fumes out of it. I did see the O2 sensor had some chafed wires too. Admittedly I haven't spent much time with it either though.

Let me knownhow you like them. I love my regular ones.

Still pulling my hair out as to why this damn truck won't start. Fuel, air, compression and spark are all there. Just cranks and cranks. Havent had a chance to change the regulator yet though...starting to think there's no rail pressure and the injectors are just drizzling. I pulled the vacuum hose out of it and it finally smelled like gas and had visible fumes out of it. I did see the O2 sensor had some chafed wires too. Admittedly I haven't spent much time with it either though.

Is your spark at or near the correct timing for certain? Nothing jumped a tooth or something?

Can you bottle feed that new fangled fuel injection? LOL See if it will fire with gas injected directly to intake system? I just don't know much about FI. Maybe a spray bottle right into the intake?

I'm really grasping at straws

Is your spark at or near the correct timing for certain? Nothing jumped a tooth or something?

Can you bottle feed that new fangled fuel injection? LOL See if it will fire with gas injected directly to intake system? I just don't know much about FI. Maybe a spray bottle right into the intake?

I'm really grasping at straws

Yes timing is correct. It will run and runs strong, just absolutely loads up with fuel after it shuts off.

Yes timing is correct. It will run and runs strong, just absolutely loads up with fuel after it shuts off.

After it shuts off???? :nabble_anim_confused:

There shouldn't be any pulse to open the injectors.

Have you rebuilt or replaced them?

Sounds like they are caked in varnish.

After it shuts off???? :nabble_anim_confused:

There shouldn't be any pulse to open the injectors.

Have you rebuilt or replaced them?

Sounds like they are caked in varnish.

It might be running rich. With the vacuum line to the regulator plugged in if I shut it off and let it sit for a few minutes and pull plugs they are all evenly soaked, so much so that when turning it over I can watch it spray out of the plug holes.

With it running when I plug the line in it'll almost stall.

It might be running rich. With the vacuum line to the regulator plugged in if I shut it off and let it sit for a few minutes and pull plugs they are all evenly soaked, so much so that when turning it over I can watch it spray out of the plug holes.

With it running when I plug the line in it'll almost stall.

It’s like the injectors are getting a signal to open after shut down.

It’s like the injectors are getting a signal to open after shut down.

Right, Dane

But the injectors always have KO power, and the ECM makes ground depending on the map.

The ECM shouldn't have power to do anything with the key off....

So if the injectors are leaking down they are not sealing properly.

An ultrasonic tank is really needed to get them clean without unreasonable time and cussing.

Ryan (of RJM) used to have the best rebuild kits, at a great price.

Too bad RJM is gone.

Right, Dane

But the injectors always have KO power, and the ECM makes ground depending on the map.

The ECM shouldn't have power to do anything with the key off....

So if the injectors are leaking down they are not sealing properly.

An ultrasonic tank is really needed to get them clean without unreasonable time and cussing.

Ryan (of RJM) used to have the best rebuild kits, at a great price.

Too bad RJM is gone.

It doesn't leak down with the regulator unhooked from vacuum. That's what's throwing me for a loop.