Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took my old Bull on a little journey on Saturday to attend a Main Street car show at a small rural town (250 mile round trip). The weather was beautiful sunny and about 70f all afternoon. The Blue Mule got lots of love, I had a great little road trip, and got a belly full of fresh clams for supper. I don't know if this aerial photo will work (not mine).

parrsboro.thumb.jpg.7d8b4337b80f045d2c17c93020c4e41d.jpg

IMG_5768.jpg.12e32bdfedc76c1bdc399bd240cf73ad.jpg

IMG_5776.jpg.546a13e90f8da9196eea7903d6b07ecd.jpg

IMG_5706.jpg.b45d39a7f8e8d470003c74200cf1cb2e.jpg

I took my old Bull on a little journey on Saturday to attend a Main Street car show at a small rural town (250 mile round trip). The weather was beautiful sunny and about 70f all afternoon. The Blue Mule got lots of love, I had a great little road trip, and got a belly full of fresh clams for supper. I don't know if this aerial photo will work (not mine).

Looks like a wonderful time, Cory! And good food as well. :nabble_anim_claps:

Pan looks great John :nabble_smiley_good:

Cory - truck is stunning as always and that aerial photo is really neat!

Spent the last few days tearing the front of my daily driver's engine down due to a coolant/oil leak from the timing cover (common issue on 3.0 V6's). I let the leak go for about five years now and it finally got to a point where I'm tired of adding oil to the truck and having it get spit out all over the engine bay so I took vacation from work and tore her down. While I was in there, I replaced the original water pump, timing set, thermostat, and upper and lower radiator hoses since the truck has 193,000 miles and all of that stuff was well past it's expected service life. None of it was in bad shape aside from the timing chain having slack and the water pump having a minor amount of movement in the bearing. Inside the engine was incredibly clean and that's because I've always followed most of the Ford suggested maintenance intervals since I bought the truck ten years ago. Feels good to see the results from taking care of something and it really shows how important regular maintenance is. :nabble_smiley_good:

Also, F350 is on jackstands because I wanted to tear down the outer assemblies since they were RUSTY so I'm in the process of cleaning everything up. Ranger took priority this week, but putting the F350 back in her wheels is next.

DSCN2383.jpg.c644da66aff40804c61c0c02796fd2bd.jpg

DSCN2385.jpg.3b3445fc1a231f62720fba6a1f374860.jpg

Spent the last few days tearing the front of my daily driver's engine down due to a coolant/oil leak from the timing cover (common issue on 3.0 V6's). I let the leak go for about five years now and it finally got to a point where I'm tired of adding oil to the truck and having it get spit out all over the engine bay so I took vacation from work and tore her down. While I was in there, I replaced the original water pump, timing set, thermostat, and upper and lower radiator hoses since the truck has 193,000 miles and all of that stuff was well past it's expected service life. None of it was in bad shape aside from the timing chain having slack and the water pump having a minor amount of movement in the bearing. Inside the engine was incredibly clean and that's because I've always followed most of the Ford suggested maintenance intervals since I bought the truck ten years ago. Feels good to see the results from taking care of something and it really shows how important regular maintenance is. :nabble_smiley_good:

Also, F350 is on jackstands because I wanted to tear down the outer assemblies since they were RUSTY so I'm in the process of cleaning everything up. Ranger took priority this week, but putting the F350 back in her wheels is next.

Good job! You’ll be glad to get that done.

Well done! And yes, regular maintenance pays off. :nabble_smiley_good:

So today I filed a police report and then took my truck to the exhaust shop to have the stolen catalytic converter replaced.

Wow, these trucks aren't even really on the list for desirable catalytic converters. But I guess it is easier on a truck, and they were just looking for an easy few bucks. Sorry that happened to you.