Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

This really resonates with me. Feels good to get it done finally.

Ha! Ya know, I avoided this job for a long time, and in the end I'm not sure why. I think it was because I thought the radius arms were going to difficult to remove, and they weren't. It was kind of like when I waxed the truck the other day...it's a job that I really dislike doing, but it is so pleasing when it is done!

You'll rarely hear me say this, but for the past few days, thank god for all the rain! It allowed me to get some projects done that were on hold for no reason.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure about carving corners, but I can say that Dad's truck with the sway bars was much easier to drive than Rusty w/o sway bars. Otherwise they had pretty much the same suspension.

Anyway, good work! You are getting things done. :nabble_anim_claps:

Gary,

I've had the rear swaybar installed now for a couple years and it made a big difference in my opinion, so I'm not expecting a huge difference with the addition of the front bar, but I'm hoping for some improvement. The truck was driving just fine, but if this tightens it up even a hair, then I'll take that. I needed to get an alignment to correct for my crooked steering wheel anyway.

I know without any bars at all, there's quite a bit of body roll in these trucks in the turns (at least in the spongy 2wd's). It was a bit unnerving at first, but I've long forgotten about it now.

The 1980 4x4 Flareside has factory front and rear swaybars...and the quad shock front end, so it's a pretty stiff truck as it is.

Cory - Dad's truck was pretty stiff when I got it, and I discovered that in addition to the sway bars and quad shocks, it had the biggest shocks on it he could find. But when I put the Monroe Sensatracs on it made a huge difference.

Turns out that you aren't supposed to put two of the same kind of shock on each side in the front. The tech at Monroe explained that they are supposed to have different valving, and I confirmed that by checking the MPC and finding that they have different part numbers.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what difference you find with the front bar on.

Cory - Dad's truck was pretty stiff when I got it, and I discovered that in addition to the sway bars and quad shocks, it had the biggest shocks on it he could find. But when I put the Monroe Sensatracs on it made a huge difference.

Turns out that you aren't supposed to put two of the same kind of shock on each side in the front. The tech at Monroe explained that they are supposed to have different valving, and I confirmed that by checking the MPC and finding that they have different part numbers.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what difference you find with the front bar on.

Managed to stumble across a pretty good deal on Facebook Marketplace this morning. They were local and CHEAP so I went over and picked them up. They've been painted a handful of times over the last forty years, but that kept the rust at bay and they are in really good shape. Unfortunately there was only three, but their new owner has others to make a full set. :nabble_smiley_cool:

DSCN2366.jpg.6d373fb9e8f7b61bf1d8b1440187aa22.jpg

Managed to stumble across a pretty good deal on Facebook Marketplace this morning. They were local and CHEAP so I went over and picked them up. They've been painted a handful of times over the last forty years, but that kept the rust at bay and they are in really good shape. Unfortunately there was only three, but their new owner has others to make a full set. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Cool! What width are they? 6"?

This really resonates with me. Feels good to get it done finally.

Ha! Ya know, I avoided this job for a long time, and in the end I'm not sure why. I think it was because I thought the radius arms were going to difficult to remove, and they weren't. It was kind of like when I waxed the truck the other day...it's a job that I really dislike doing, but it is so pleasing when it is done!

You'll rarely hear me say this, but for the past few days, thank god for all the rain! It allowed me to get some projects done that were on hold for no reason.

I need to do my radius arm bushings, I hate drilling rivets out so I am putting that off.

I got a ship date for my seats! 11/19. I think that is 2021 😂

I need to do my radius arm bushings, I hate drilling rivets out so I am putting that off.

I got a ship date for my seats! 11/19. I think that is 2021 😂

Wow! That is just barely 2021. And if it slips any it won't be. How can they schedule that far out? :nabble_anim_confused:

Wow! That is just barely 2021. And if it slips any it won't be. How can they schedule that far out? :nabble_anim_confused:

Maybe my color choices?? I will call them tomorrow and see if there are any “in stock” option close to what I like..

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe my color choices?? I will call them tomorrow and see if there are any “in stock” option close to what I like..

Installed a Champion 3 row aluminum radiator, and new hoses.

Somebody really reefed on the tranny cooler lines. :nabble_smiley_angry: I did one more tighten after the test drive. If it still leaks I think I’ll put some rubber hose on for a few inches or so.

Radiator looks good, fit well. Told the FedEx driver the box really looked good!

Installed a Champion 3 row aluminum radiator, and new hoses.

Somebody really reefed on the tranny cooler lines. :nabble_smiley_angry: I did one more tighten after the test drive. If it still leaks I think I’ll put some rubber hose on for a few inches or so.

Radiator looks good, fit well. Told the FedEx driver the box really looked good!

I think you'll like the radiator. My 4-row Champion does a great job.

But maybe the flares are messed up on the cooler lines? That's a bummer. But if you use hose you might want to make sure you use the right hose. IIRC there is a special hose for tranny coolers as the oil gets very hot.